Reality or Cartoon Power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LIEUTENANT MARVEL, Jan 10, 2016.

1. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Hi People,

I finally thought of a way for Daybreak to make more revenues outside of subscriptions and MC and for us to get a new power for free. If you will look at 2 of the supercharges, they can be used for advertising. if they give the power away for free, more users might use the 2 supercharges that show ads. Do you remember this character from the Superman Animated Series? The one named Mr. Mxyzptlk. He seems to be a part of the DC Comic Universe. Sorry if the powers seem more like they are from The Mask or some other cartoon that was on Cartoon Network but Mr. Mxyzptlk should be able to do them since he is decribed to be very powerful. LOL. :D

[IMG]

Description can be seen in:
    http://www.comicvine.com/mr-mxyzptlk/4005-27436/

What if his powers were nerfed a bit to become a power here in DCUO? Should it be called Reality, Toon Force, Slapstick, Cartoon Physics or some other name you can think of? What would the skill trees look like? Any feedback is appreciated. LOL. :D

Just to start the thread going here is my take.

Power Name: Toon Force
    Skill Trees: Slapstick (mainly for Damage) and Bravado (mainly for tanking)

Slapstick

Tier 1
    Remote Control- nearby enemies wonder why you aimed a remote control at them causing a question mark to pop over their heads and making them more vulnerable to damage from Cartoon Physics

Tier 2
    Banana Peel (can be learned after Remote Control)- throws a banana peel at the target enemy which knocks them down and damages them
    Home Run (can be learned after Remote Control)- strike opponents in front of you with a large bat that damages them and knocks them away
    Accident (can be learned after Remote Control)- light up a stick of dynamite with a very a fast fuse that explodes and damages nearby opponents before you can even throw it (does light damage to your character)

Tier 3
    Television Jingle (50% supercharge)- your character performs a short television jingle that makes you invulnerable while performing it and also triples your might for a short duration afterwards. NOTE: (Daybreak can insert the name of a sponsor after the jingle. Can be a combo with the Disaster skill.)
    Mallet Pound (can be learned after Home Run)- pound an enemy at melee range with a mallet that stuns them for several seconds
    Commercial Break (50% supercharge)- the entire group becomes invulnerable and unable to attack while a short commercial is running giving the group time to heal and recover power. NOTE: (Daybreak can insert the name of a sponsor after the commercial.)

Tier 4

Sneeze (can be learned after Banana Peel)- your character has a very strong sneeze that damages enemies in front of it and knocks them away

Screw Up (can be learned after Accident)-your character has butterfingers and ends up spilling nitroglycerine on nearby enemies causing multiple explosions that deal mild to devastating damage

Tier 5

Anvil Drop- an anvil drops on the target enemy that stuns the enemy for several seconds a few seconds after this skill is used
    Punch Line- your character winds up his arm for a few seconds to deliver a devastating punch that knocks them very far away (similar to what Doomsday does in Smallville)
    Disaster- your character uses an alien walkie-talkie and ends up calling down a very powerful laser strike on itself that causes devastating damage and burning to enemies (knocks out your character afterwards so it is useful when you are about to be KO'd)

Bravado

Tier 1
    Stunning Pose- your character makes a ridiculous fighting pose that stuns/taunts nearby enemies and increases its own resistance (Your character does a combo of poses similar to Johnny Bravo or someone from the Ginyu Force in Dragonball Z or some other bodybuilding pose.)

Tier 2
    Scary Face- your character makes a scary face that makes enemies in front of it leap up very high in fear and they get damaged when they fall down or hit the ceiling
    Chili Dog- your character eats a chili dog that lightly heals it and makes it spew a wave of fire that damages and knocks back enemies in front of it

Tier 3
    Rewind (35% supercharge)- your character presses the rewind button on the remote control and gains the status it had a few seconds ago (If your character was at 80% health etc. a few seconds ago, then you get back that status. Useful when about to die.)
    Show Stopper(can be learned after Stunning Pose)- your character disappears for a second and then appears with a few illusions of itself using the Stunning Pose skill
    Lag Time (35% supercharge)- your group does not take damage for a few seconds and receives them several seconds after the duration of the skill (Useful when someone in the group is about to be knocked out but no healing power is available yet. Example: You use it. Nobody gets damaged for 3 seconds. The damage that was supposed to be received only comes 6 seconds after the end of the skill.)

Tier 4
    Friendly Ghost(can be learned after Scary Face)- summons a friendly ghost that knocks back any enemy it tries to befriend
    Nuclear Burrito(can be learned after Chili Dog)- your character eats a burrito that heals it moderately and makes it pass gas that explodes and damages nearby enemies
    Can of Whoop@$$(can be learned after Show Stopper)- your character is given the spotlight and eats from a can of spinach and gains more health and defense/toughness while taunting all enemies into attacking it

Tier 5
    Ghost Posse(can be learned after Friendly Ghost)- summons three ghosts that fly around your character and knock back any enemies that come near it for a few seconds
    Swan Song-taunts all nearby enemies into attacking your character who gets the spotlight while singing and getting invulnerable for several seconds(your character is KO'd after the skill.)
    Black Hole- your character attempts to dig underground but makes a black hole instead that pulls nearby enemies in and greatly damages them
  2. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Im not against any new ideas for powers, including this one. Especially considering its actually unique and takes away from all the "wheres my shadow power" or "wheres my HL update" cryfests, but definitely dont link it with Mr Myxzptlk. He's in DCUO already, as an extremely annoying and offensive jab at St Patricks Day. He's also one of the most powerful beings in DCs known universe. He can literally bend reality, powers dont come stronger than that, so nerfing it "a little" would still mean its OP by a major margin.

Call it Toon or Wacky Wonder or something silly like that.
    • Like x 2
  3. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Ok. I see your point. Let us nerf it a lot. I didn't know he was the villain during St. Patrick's Day. I have much to see during my 1st year as a subscriber. LOL. I can't wait. :D
  4. The2ndSelf New Player

I would love it if they added this to the game it would add more humor to the game:p
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Call me ACMEMAN!!
  6. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

This is the best idea i've ever heard! I want this power NOW!!!, i would buy a respec token so fast my steam wallet would get whiplash! :)
    • Like x 1
  7. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Thanks. :)