Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by King Ov, Mar 7, 2016.

1. King Ov New Player

Can anyone tell me when they are revamping electricity. Because every time I go i raids or anything i get beat hard. I love electricity and now only thing I do is heal with it because i know when I dps I'm going to be last. I don't know I might just be trash, but I tried a lot of load outs for it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Cyro Committed Player

Mun and rage should be on live next month. After that weapons will have to be tested (because part of elec dmg comes from weapons), so once weapons get fixed and go to live elec will see a small boast of dmg. After weapons get tested pet powers will most likely go on test next due to the fact that if you adjust weapons pet powers will most likely be even more op. So in short elec will be prob be on test in about 4 or 5 months (powers are taking longer to fix due to people getting off topic on the testing fourms and powers are requiring more work to balance).

TLDR Awhile
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I just hope it gets the treatment that it deserves.

Could care less about set up times, All I want to do is run duos and solos and be able to get the job done without being a slacker.
    • Like x 2
  4. Van_Gho Committed Player

Haven't played my main in about a month, tired of being only healer, tired of working twice as hard for half the result.

YAYYYYYY somebody did great damage......on a sparring target, huzzah let's rejoice my brothers and sisters
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

A while...a very long while.
  6. Max Volt Committed Player

It will be revamped just in time to make every other power OP and Lightning being again at the bottom of the totem pole lol.

So sad, I worked very hard in testing the "big lightning update", thanks to all the guys of the Test server initiative we were there every day parsing damage, testing PI, and AM, sending comments and feedback in to the devs, etc etc...and when it came out it was good, I thought it was very balanced with all the other powersets. ........ unfortunately every other powerset got re-updated after us and every new power that came out was just devastating on the DPS side, and that left a very bad taste in my mouth.
    • Like x 3
  7. Cyro Committed Player

Well my hope is that after every power gets their update they will go back through all the powers to make minor tweaks which would take another 2months, then they would be done for awhile and move on to something else that needs fixing.
  8. Springheeljac Active Player

So a couple weeks ago, after getting my CR up to 158 on my Electric DPS, I decided to do something I hadn't done in years. I rolled up a new character. Between drops to my main and some carries by friends it was nothing to get the new character up to ~CR80 in a couple of days.

And let me just say, I'm pissed. My new character is quantum, and it's like playing a whole different game. I throw out my rotation and everything's dead while I sit at full power. Granted I had to go through a couple of different load outs to figure it out. I'm just melting the face off of absolutely anything that challenges me. I remember when electric was new and flavor of the month, it wasn't anywhere near this. And Quantum's not even the top right now?

So let me ask, Science Spire is pretty easy to me, is it just like doing T1 stuff for everyone else? I can't even do the new Alert on Elite as anything but healer because who wants to take an hour for me to be able to DPS it. And it's still going to be 4-5 months before my power set is even viable again? Seriously, just throw electric and nature a damage buff until you can get around to fixing them for real so we can play the game.
    • Like x 1
  9. Pults Loyal Player

You should try out sorcery or earth then. I steamrolled through low tiers using one armory that can both heal and dps. I solo healed UMn at 126 CR with 41 (?) skillpoints out of which 17 were used, no mods on gear (exo or home turf). Just a clean run without any wipes or hiccups.
  10. Validus New Player

I just came back to the game myself, and was quite disappointed with my CR 55 or so Electric healer that couldn't run solo missions without dying over & over again. After reading up on the state of the different power sets, and bouncing around between various of my old toons I just gave in, sucked it up and power respecced to sorcery. So that's what I'm levelling now in hope that the new Water power set will be more interesting to play. If I'm still playing the game that far down the line, maybe Electric will make a come back in a few months, we'll see. Like you said though, I don't know why they don't just hotfix a damage buff to the power set since they know it's so broken and won't be fixed for a very long time.
  11. krytine Loyal Player

That's not what the devs have said before all powers will be completed before weapons test and mostly like all of that will be done before the launch on Xbox
  12. Van_Gho Committed Player

I did the same thing a few ago as well but I made an Ice character and I can totally get why everybody thinks the game is super easy when they're playing anything other then a jobber power. I was blown away at how instances that I struggled through with electric I was outright destroying as ice and with power left to spare.
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

That would be correct if Electric, Nature, Sorcery and Earth didn't require weapon usage to do damage.
    • Like x 1
  14. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Something I can see being done is doing the weapon, earth and sorc update all at once. I hope not but I can see it happening. If not done this way that I can see a lot of earth and sorc dps popping up haha. Electric and nature are definitely being done last thou.
  15. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

It's not entirely useless. Stand next to the other 3 DPS and pop Wired to buff their might and crit attack chance. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Bygglesworth Level 30

It is like this for me:
    I have 3 villians, 3 heroes.
    Each villain and hero group has an electric, ice, and quantum.

Ice and quantums work great, I have power, I can solo or group. I can tank with the ice or dps. I can troll with the quantums* or dps. I can heal with the electrics... and their dps SUCKS.

In my opinion, especially when grouping, you will see your dps equivalent to a player 10 to 11 levels beneath you. By the time you set up your rotations, the enemy is dead by the hand of the other dps. So, your dps output is S L O W. Even worse, just try to solo an electric, you will consume more than your fair share of soders and will need to toss the kitchen sink at times.

*no matter how much power you give out, you will always end up on teams with tanks and healers who think they are dps, will use up all their power, won't use soders, and will blame the 'troll for their inability to spam heals (meaning, they just hit heals - needed or not which helps them to stay out of the hot seat) and do constant attacks with their powers. God forgive that you ever get held, tossed about, or need to run for your life because the tank prefers to damage rather than taunt/block - hence you will not receive a bit of attention other than complaints.
  17. Pults Loyal Player

You can also do that as a healer which is more beneficial to stack another dps. ;) /s