Announcing the BvS Tournament! #WhoWillWin

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gottcha Well-Known Player

Oh... I just heard about this and had a nerdgasm....

2. Darkknightfan91 New Player

Nevermind, found my answer: Apparently the Swag Bags WILL be in the Marketplace! VERY happy to hear this!
  3. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No. You would not be eligible (assuming you do not live in an eligible location).
  5. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

im in the UK,we will be able to buy the "BvS Logo Swag Bag from the in-game Marketplace" in the UK ? even tho this tournement is just for US, ?? , just asking cos i hate to miss out lol
  6. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

mepps,when is ST Pattys seasonal starting ? i need stools for my Jitters coffee shop ;)
  7. Blight KOBRA Commander

The devs said in the livestream that to participate we had to dress to represent either Superman or Batman's clans, but I wonder if we could also participate by dressing as their respective villains as well?
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Just out of curiosity if a EU based player had a US/Canada based proxy to send the prizes through to would a EU player be eligible? Not that it would happen but paying the self-imposed shipping costs to get these items might interest select EU players. If of course they'd be allowed to use a proxy. I'm not a EU player, so it doesn't affect me, but thought I might ask in case an EU based player might be intrigued by this proposition. Of course they'd need a character eligible to play on the US server, etc.
  9. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

It's not that. It's legal stuff. People in Europe or generally, outside the US and Canada might have laws that:

- will charge taxes on winnings at Daybreak's disadvantage
    - will allow a lawsuit way to "sue" Daybreak for "unfair competition" (ping times from Europe/Australia/Japan/wherever to US servers are and always will be worse than for US citizens ;))

or allow similar, not as bad scenarios Daybreak nonetheless does not want to deal with nor want to prepare their lawyers against. So they just pick the "ineligible" status to deal with that in general. Despite being the successor of the company that was behind Star Wars Galaxies, no one there seems to have realized where the easy way leads ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Perdition Committed Player

The Marketplace items would be really awsome and will defo buy them IF the marketplace gets fixed. Because now i cant buy anything. It happend from the moment u released GU57. So no replays. No powerspectokens. Not anything.
  11. KaixVanDuesen New Player

So In the Picture I see a character that looks Supergirl Does that mean we Could do Superboy Batgirl Robin or Nightwing Homages too
  12. dogmaticus83 Active Player

Well... it sucks that it's only for North Americans, but I understand that it's for legal reasons. Just as we can't get DC, Marvel or Star Wars collector boxes in Europe :(.

Anyway - it's a great idea, and since I play on US server - I might actually drop by to see the fight :).

And obviously I'm supporting Bats! :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Shapiro Well-Known Player

I believe they have to alter them for copyright/legal purposes.
  14. Shapiro Well-Known Player

I really wish we could do something non-pvp related.
    • Like x 1
  15. Gerry Well-Known Player

will this emblem be able to apply to outfits like noble warrior

[IMG]

16. Gothamite Well-Known Player

IDK, they mentioned in the stream they already look just like the emblems in the movie (3D surface, texture, etc). I think they can/should make the emblems larger too.
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Oh my, awesome that they are bringing the emblems but yes way too small. When I first heard I was ready to give away my money but now seeing how small they are I think I'm gonna have to pass.
  18. WildMessenger New Player

It's obvious no one is going to win. They are going to be friends at the end.
  19. Aeohn_DCUO1995 New Player

Hey Mepps, I just read all the rules for entering the tournament. And I have one quick question and I'd love for you to explain. You said all legal citizens of the United States and Canada(excluding Arizona and Quebec). Why is Arizona being excluded? I was super excited that we finally get a tournament then I read more and was shut down by those simple words in parentheses. Breaks my heart man haha. But yeah I'm just wondering why us citizens of the beautiful Grand Canyon State are bein excluded. Thanks for your time!!
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's because you can't type out "Grand Canyon State" correctly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.