I Take Back Most Of What I Said About Daybreak Games

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Zenith Well-Known Player

Disable unnecessary software. For example,
    This includes disabling all security software.
    Then try to start the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

This is what's coming from Event Viewer after each of your crashes? pcdrcui.exe is your Dell Support Center software. Try uninstalling it then set up a CHKDSK (go into My Computer, right-click on your C: drive, select Properties, go to the Tools tab then click the "Check now..." button, make sure both options have check marks) then reboot. Once the system comes up, try running the game again. If it crashes again, check the Event Viewer again to see what it says.
  3. inferno Loyal Player

A lot of smart people with smarter solutions here. But I'll throw one suggestion. Do you by any chance have a second pc or can borrow a friend's who already has Dcuo installed that you can try to run on your network to test?
    I had a failed to launch error message or was crashing after getting into the toon situation a few nights ago but I was trying to launch the game on a usb wireless connection. After hooking it up to wired, the problem went away.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

My wife but she's having the same problem.
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

All? Because I have several on here
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Just as an fyi: USB wireless is rather unstable compared to other wireless solutions. It's fine in a pinch, and probably fine for general web usage, but for gaming or anything else that relies on a stable connection, you'll be straining the USB ports in terms of power. I'm sure there are varying experiences, but PC crashes (not just software, but hardware related crashes) are often attributed to USB wireless devices.

Results may vary from system to system; I've had systems that had differing USB hardware stability, so that above isn't set in stone. I still recommend against USB wireless when people ask me whether to go that route.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yes, all. I tested it to see how it affected my system. The 2012 version that the game installs seems to take the place of its predecessors, at least for the applications I use that relied on 2005, 2008, 2010, etc.
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Do I install a new copy or reinstall/repair?

Edit: I just hit re-install and no go. Same deal. Installs for a couple of minutes then crash. I'm beginning to think my only recourse is going to be uninstalling everything DCUO and starting all over.
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Seth, here is the error report from my MSINFO file DBG asked me to send. See if you can make heads or tails of it:

10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Are you using a video game controller? If so, have you tried installing and running with it disconnected?
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I've been for a while and never had an issue until last Tuesday and I've been using a controller since I started playing with PC which is over 2 years now. Can't see why it would be the problem now. That said, I generally don't turn the controller on until the game launches.
  12. inferno Loyal Player

Yeah, i wasn't too worried as I thought it might be what is causing the problem. I thought the problem may apply to rockhound as the source of the problem may not be the equipment but the network; specially now as he just mentioned that his wife's pc is having the same issue.
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'm having a pretty good run with this latest install. With 6,685MB's to start this cycle, it's at 79% complete so I'm hoping things are straightened out.
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

*big sigh* Finally installed and I'm back in the game.
    • Like x 2
  15. loupblanc Dedicated Player

So what was the solution in the end? Just upgrade to Win10?
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

He removed DCUO and installed it fresh, I believe.
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No. Patience. The launchpad would crash after only a few MB's installed so I would restart it after every crash. It was a battle of attrition. There were no solutions. And no I didn't uninstall and reinstall although that's still on the table.
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, that was something else I read in the PC support area of these forums. One or two other people did the same thing you just described.
  19. perplenerple Active Player

just gonna leave this here

[IMG]
  20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

No one knew what the problem was at the time. I spoke from a past experience that worked :) You can't blame someone for trying :p
    • Like x 1