PS dps players and base mods (wrong usage or lack thereof)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by anotherpacifist, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

PC players do the same...its not just a PS thing... not sure why we always have threads trying to suggest one player base is "better" than another. There are crappy players on both systems. As soon as a thread becomes us versus them your point is lost.
    • Like x 1
  2. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Do you do this in real life as well? Go up to someone (whom you do not know) in a restaurant and tell them they really should have ordered the steak rather than the chicken? Or maybe you're driving and see a guy in an old beat up clunker and explain why he should upgrade to a newer vehicle?

At least form a relationship with someone before giving advice. Or you're gonna have a bad time.
    • Like x 1
  3. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Assertiveness: is the quality of being self-assured and confident without being aggressive.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assertiveness
    • Like x 1
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

8 times for Dr.Light? I call bs. The only way it will take that long is if the troll not debuffing him. As far as ps vs pc, if i see a certain pc villain league running anything except dps, i know it will probably be a rocky a run, but it's the same for ps too.
    Mods not needed to get pass content, but it make the run more comfortable for everyone
  5. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Totaly agree with you however there is more player from PS side which means there is way more noobs :)
    Sounds like next dps drama .You should notice devs working on power balance ( now i have problem with correct word )ineptly, ineffectually, incompetently, inefficiently so u can choose .
    I agree mods and SP counts but not that much as Tunso tuning where from worst dps power u can be all mighty 12345 king of the jungle and from best dps power u can be trush after each update u never know .
    What u know about dps have no clue but i can tell u this some powers can double sometimes triple dmg at score card even unmoded and withn 100 SP less then others .
    Its call testing powers on sparing targets and mixing melee with mid-range and range where some powers hit hard from 1st button otheres need w8 for boom or interrupt like 5-10 sec result is same from past 2 years more and more unbalanced powers .

Hey dummy !!!! dummy dont give back and dont interrupt :)-Confucius
  6. Msstat1c Committed Player

I'm not sure how long you've been playing, but people playing without mods is nothing new. Matter of fact, you only knew you they had no mods because the run wasn't going smoothly. While it's beneficial to have such mods, your delivery of advice on this matter is arrogantly ignorant.

You see, offering advice is ok if it's done in a cordial manner. Calling people ignorant and arrogant here while trying to give off the impression you just wanted to kindly help in game is a bit obscure.

As you can gather by the response you have recieved, mods are great, but not your call on whether or not they are necessary. You have ran with players with little to no mods and completed content, it has happened.
    • Like x 2
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

How is this even possible?
  8. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I have noticed a lack of detail and skill from all platforms when it comes to DPS'n after this last DLC. DPS have seemingly forgot they have a block button, and can move from one spot if they are being attacked or engulfed by fire. Base mods are now optional for many and I have even seen some players running the Phantom Zone without even a Utility Belt. Apparently the lack of time they have to make sure their toons are content ready ads to the amoumt of my time trying to carry one and sometimes two subpar "Damage" dealers through.
    (three out of the first 5 times I tanked Phantom Zone I was forced to solo either Ursa and That Zul guy, or Zod and whoever because DPS's seemed to refuse to adapt and died less than halfway into each encounter.

Everyone wants to DPS apparently and apparently only a small fraction of the DPS population know how to do it right.
  9. Subloc New Player

I'll just say this. I would take any advice one wants to give me on the game...as long as it is genuine and meant to help or assist me in the best way they know how.

I used to play this game non-stop. Loved it spent lots of time on it and became pretty good. I gave up for well over a year and a half, and just returned less than a month ago. I am up to 157, and realize, I have to learn a lot again. I am no where near elite. LOL.

That being said, I was invited to a group for the first time to run PZE on Saturday. They were all in the same league and villians I assume. They had already started and booted the first healer. I thought I would try... and admit I have/had no idea what was to be done. It was nothing like the PZR and I struggled. The troll died w/in a few minutes and then died again after I rez. him.

Anyhow, after the wipe on the boss, I was slammed with you "bleep bleep bleep" "are you a noob?". LOL. Anyhow, I just left...no sense in arguing no sense in wasting their time as they had already deemed me. But I would have loved for them to say, hey, here is the plan, this is what needs to be done, instead of just rushing in as soon as I got there and then blasting me with obscenities. But hey, each their own, I just hope they sucked the rest of the way...lol. Oh the troll was 155, which I thought was funny.
  10. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Oh it certainly is. I was blindly queuing into raids on my tank alt (he's only 114 with no mods yet, just white mods). I ran a couple of raids like Halls of Hades, and Labyrinth of Lost Souls, with about 2-3 158+ DPS in the groups, and still took about 40 minutes to finish each raid. Full Auto spammers and/or just using weapon combos, completely messing up their AMs, even saw a guy at 157 throw out Heat Vision on Cerberus (which actually made me do a double take like "WHAT just happened here?"). So, I don't doubt that there is a group of 159s out there that will get 8 rounds of Doctor Light's concentrated light orbs just because they are really that awful.
    • Like x 1
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

lol last time I ran HoH and LoL it was with a 140+ group, took an hour because we just played like idiots on purpose, we went after Cerberus, everyone took a different direction on LoL, didn't care for shades or anything, it was a fun run, but when it came to the bosses we took them down in 1 to 2 minutes depending on the mechanic, if I recall we didn't do water or statue once on LoL.
  12. Karnevil Committed Player

I play on both pc and ps and I can tell you that this is not platform specific. There are alot of bad players right now and they think just because they have a high cr, they are an elite player. And have egos to match.
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It is not just PS it is also PC. I have seen it on both sides, the difference is the volume of PS players vs PC players.

What I am saying is that it is not a system thing, players are just careless with properly modding their toon and trying to be the best they can be in the game. After all, some people just play for fun and if you do not enjoy playing these type of players, form your own group and setup specific requirements such as, must be modded 150+ SP, etc...
  14. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I totally feel you. No worse group to be in than one where players are too quick to blame others and then the other group members follow suit in hopes to deflect any possible criticism. Example: Three bad players and one good player who cannot carry the others is accused by one member as being the issue and then the other 2 members of the group jump in "ya he sucks, do your job, kick him."

This is sadly a norm on DCUO now which makes it far less appealing to run content sometimes especially if you are pugging. There has been no better time to find a league that fits you more than now, and I feel like things are only going to get worse on this front.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

I have chastised other diners for ordering food that's not a specialty of the house. You don't go to a Mexican place and expect a good hamburger.

You know what I enjoy in this game? Completing content as quickly and efficiently as possible. Everyone playing the "I do what I want, I press buttons, look at the pretty colors!" way infringes on how I want to play. I will try to help, but if someone wants to be aggressively ignorant, well...I have a good memory. You won't be joining me in the future.
    • Like x 5
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I may have known the group you were running with on the Hero side, OP.

I believe they were going for a feat.

They didn't happen to wipe a few times @ Superboy and more times at Necro did they.

If so yeah, they mentioned you.

That run they were not concerned with damage at all, and could care less for the damage output.

If I am wrong about the run, my apologies, but if your forum name is the longer version of 1 of your engame names...

Let's just say, such a whole lot of assumptions are being made.

Try to Wavedox or dcuolive them next time, no need to rush back to the Forums with incomplete information to randoms, with faulty information spreading highly misinformation about a run that you were in, a league run with pugs at that.

With that said, those guys play the game their way, as I stated before in this thread.

They are feat chasers and simply have fun doing them.

They do not discriminate nor ask for high CR or SP to run with them.

Seems to me those that are quick to jump on the PC vs PS are just looking for any excuse to sound the alarm, even with faulty, misinformed information.

Again, if I am wrong, I am wrong but I doubt it.
    • Like x 1
  17. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

@lordexecution365: no, this BN group was not going for a feat except the color feat which only 1 person didn't have.
    @subloc and Msstat1c: the tone that the advice was offered was neutral. I did not call them noobs, I did not use ?! in my punctuation (even though I was baffled), and I just plain stated what they were missing (e.g. this dps probably just got a chest and missed putting a core strength mod in). I do not believe in uncivil rejoinders.

And for those who're saying I'm chasing the scoreboard, if I really were, would I offer the other dps advice about their dps?

@Hraesvelg: "You know what I enjoy in this game? Completing content as quickly and efficiently as possible." Except when I'm going for a feat, I agree 100%.:)
  18. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Since the Mainframe system is 100% optional and, if Premium, requires an entirely separate purchase would you accept a player with no Tactical Mods with the viable reason being they don't want to pay extra to get them? At the same time simply doesn't have the marks available to them? It costs 42 marks to get the highest Tactical Mods so if the player just purchased the Mainframe system there is no way you can assume they can get the mods you personally would want in a couple days (given that you'd need to not run the 8-Mans before purchasing Mainframe access).

The problem is you assume every player has access to everything which is not entirely true. If the Mainframe system stays optional then you can't expect every player to have it, or have it to the same degree that you do. Simple as that. No ifs, ands or buts.
    • Like x 1
  19. Pults Loyal Player

At end-game it's more in the mandatory rather than optional sectionand that's coming from a premium player. You can't tank well without fortified blocking, you can't DPS well without Max Damage hands mod. It's just the reality of things.
    • Like x 2
  20. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Can't people just stop sticking their noses into other players' approach to play this game? If you want an elitist group, build it yourself - and neither high SP or CR or "full mod" requirements will guarantee you to get good players BTW. If you don't like what the Q dealt you, you're free to leave the instance. Deal. With. It.
    • Like x 1