Soda Cola Infinite Working For Both PVE And PVP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BigBadDogIV, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Wow, I just Lmao reading through this thread and the reasons people gave to be against this, truly priceless stuff, thanks guys!

On topic, I'm all for it, gets pretty old having to re-imprint extremes in All your armories because you accidentally used all of the imprinted stack. Besides, we need more quality of life improvements in this game, this would be a Big one for me.
    • Like x 2
  2. Enzan Committed Player

I've gone for a long, long while, so it's the first time I've seen this thread and my information might be outdated lol.

My suggestion wouldn't be to give a Soda that is equally infinite as the PvP one, but be able to purchase a Soda Extreme placeholder/trinket-like item(Call it a Vending Machine?) that has infinite uses, but with each use it drains one Soda Extreme out of your inventory/bank on the character using it.

This way you don't have to deal with reequipping a fresh stack each time you run out, and doesn't stop people from having to purchase stacks of soda to use it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I would be happy even if sodas stacked to 100 so I just didn't have to worry about changing them over. But I love the idea of the infinite.
    • Like x 3
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This concept is unnecessarily complicated. The unlimited Soder Cola for PVE already exists. Like, as in literally exists. Not a case of the technology being available, but rather the exact item already exists and is usable today, in game, but only on the test server.

Here's a video of me playing the new Solo (badly) and using the Unlimited Soder Cola:

That gold item in the Soder slot is the unlimited Soder Cola for PVE, which I've personally dubbed the Soder Cola Omni (Omni short for Omnipotence, a word which signifies a powerful piece of equipment in DCUO).

All they'd have to do is put it on the marketplace and job's done.

I'd pay for that level of convenience. Knowing I'll never be caught short for soders ever again. Knowing I don't have to reprint an armoury every time I change stacks of soders.

Make it happen, Devs.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Torikumu You took the words right out of my mouth...

But more importantly the question has too be asked. Which of the 2 solutions is better. Not just from a programming standpoint because the infinite is obviously already fully programmed but from a overall standpoint. Which of the 2 solutions would be better for DCUO overall. My opinion has always been that the time stocking up on soda's has never been a fun or enjoyable or even positive part of DCUO. To me it's always been nothing but a nuisance that only delays me from getting too the fun, enjoyable or positive parts of DCUO. Or in other words i've always felt like it was a negative part of DCUO. Like the game was a teeny, tiny bit worse off because of it. Not a lot of course. But i feel that if it affects the experience at all that it's in a negative way, not a positive way.

And if my feelings on this are universal with the DCUO fanbase then I believe it is better to eliminate it from the game entirely then to just slightly alter with the change your suggesting...
    • Like x 1
  6. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I would prefer they just take the restrictions off of the infinite. However, that stated, I would definitely be willing to pay a few bucks for the Omni Soda as well.
  7. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

So i'm still away. Any word if they are planning too implement this yet?...
  8. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I went ahead and private messaged this Thread too every green name i could find in the Staff Tracker.
  9. Van_Gho Committed Player

Too good of an idea if it's straight forward with no strings, add some RNG to this and money, then you got yourself your infinite soda
  10. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

What do you mean? RNG and money?...
    • Like x 1
  11. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I did not know they had this on the test server....I do not see any reason at all that this is not a Marketplace item. Come on Devs throw it on there and make some money.
    • Like x 1
  12. Van_Gho Committed Player

I mean I think it would end up in a booster bundle instead of and out right purchase
  13. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

The booster bundle approach sounds like a bad idea too me.
    • Like x 1
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I agree. Permanent product on the marketplace for sure.

Did you see my latest video? (one in the sig) I subtly removed my Soder Cola Omni from my loadout and replaced it with the new Clover Bombs, hopefully subconsciously suggesting for the devs to release it/players to request it :p
  15. Van_Gho Committed Player

I dont have enough faith to see that show up on the market place with no strings attached.....there's always strings attached by way of mark sink or RNG randomness. I would be ecstatic if I could put my money down with no gimmicks and buy it.