Am I The Only One ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bipolarius_x, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Bipolarius_x New Player

So I was wondering if maybe we could get a gender change. Or something because maybe we made our character a female/male and we want to change it. I don't see any harm in it and I think they would be making a couple dollars off of us who want to change.
    Also another thing is maybe making a like hero/villain change. Now that the styles can be got through lockboxes u could just simply chsnge our mentors from hero to villain. That way we can see a different environment and play high tier without having to keep grinding on another character.

These are just 2 things I think would be pretty cool to have. Make devs a little bit more money. But what do u guys think suggestions? Do u agree?
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is something we would generally like to do and looked into doing in the past. It is unfortunately not a small technical hurdle based on what things are available to characters of each gender, so not something we have scoped in yet. This and a faction swap are pretty equally requested and both a ton of work.
    • Like x 7
  3. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Just go ahead and allow female to wear male styles and males to wear female styles...That would be interesting..

[IMG]
  4. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Eh...ESO allows it. I've seen male nords rocking a wedding dress.
  5. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind it tbh, I could make some pretty funny styles if it were possible
  6. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I loved it. Nothing funnier than that nord.

And my little female bosmer cut quite the dashing figure in the male suit.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

just imagine the male brute style in the female thong leg style. That's what we just need in here. hehe
  8. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

I remember back in UO, I had a friend put on the girdle of feminization just to put on a leather bra, then took it off, so her male character could wear a leather bra. Wow, UO, I feel like an old man now.
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The thing about Males wearing Female characters styles is that it isn't possible from a technical stand point.

The styles, in game, are not actual material items that can be stretched to the base model. Instead, they are moulded around the shape of the body size they are intended to fit.

So like, when you see a flexsuit and muscles bulging on said flexsuit, those muscles have been sculpted into the style itself.

In other words, if you gave a female style to a male character, it'd look exactly like this:

[IMG]

and not like the cross dressing vision where big, brutish Torikumu is wearing that over his chiselled body. Literally like that, too. The scales would be off and the skeleton to which all the animations are built around wouldn't match up correctly. The head, Shoulders and Hand styles would just float.
    • Like x 1
  10. Deranya Dedicated Player

damn those legs :eek:
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I know, right? They're not even Photoshopped :cool:
  12. Minnion Devoted Player

So the work involved would be modeling a companion skin for all of the styles that lack them then, right?(Or at least sticking in the "Shirtless" skin as a placeholder on the styles that were meant for one gender until they had time to model the genderswaped versions)... Right?
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, see the pink parts on the Star Sapphire style have been moulded to that shape. There is no material there. Nothing that flexes or anything.

The pink part covering the breasts, for example, has been moulded into the shape of the breast. It isn't sitting on top of a breast.

So if you wanted that exact style on Brute Large, you'd have to re-sculpt it from scratch over the Brute Large base model.

It's like if you took a mould of your hand whilst wearing a watch then filled the mould with resin to make a replica of your hand. The watch would be part of the sculpture. Not a physical object you can move around and take off.
  14. Pults Loyal Player

So basically that would require changing completely how styles are constructed or making sure that the existing ones get replaced to the fitting bodytype and gender, not to mention some differ completely. My head hurts now.
    So in theory if we "could" switch genders then the only problem woull be the styles that are gender specific?
  15. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

When i see them in the pvp phase. I always kill them lol. That would be 1 of the worst ways to get killed.
  16. Minnion Devoted Player

So yeah seems like it would be easier to just default to the "Naked" model whenever there isn't a corresponding model sculpted for that gender... (And I imagine that would still require some coding to match the existing "Naked" models with the one gender only styles that don't currently have an opposite gender counterpart...)
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

Basically that's how I understand it...
  18. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

In case you guys figure out a way to get pass the technical hurdle, I'd suggest adding the function to the existing body type change token. Saves the need to create another marketplace item ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

o_O when did you start working for DBG?

Coming here with your "logic", "examples" and "reasoning" as to why it's no simple task to do what the community (or parts of it) are demanding!
    • Like x 1
  20. TestReporter Loyal Player

#PayTorikumu
    Sometimes its nice to have someone who knows about games and tech between the players and not in the other side.
    • Like x 2