Work In Progress Making Stats Matter: Removing CR Differential

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Heck yes I'm down !!
    • Like x 3
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. No. NPC and player stats increase as their respective level increases.
    2. Not related
    3. Not related
    4. Pet stats will be adjusted with players and npcs
    • Like x 1
  3. Kill Shot Well-Known Player

Hmmm.. a few questions and concerns.

How will this effect pet powers?

Are y'all going to increase synth mod levels?

Can y'all make all mods cost the same amount of exobytes to make? Decreasing the amount it cost per tier would make it feasible to mod multiple toons.

Skill points are great and I love completing feats... but I just started a new character and I can't play the dang content to get the feats..

You got 1 or 2 150s burning the place down.... You can't even stop it... Me and my wife wanted to kick this 153 out at the beginning of a alert because he wouldn't respond so we could get some feats but you can't start a vote forever and then 2 of us voted yes and the 3rd didn't and it didn't kick him.

So y'all gotta fix that if y'all want feats to matter.
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

But Robot Side kick will remain the same? Little guy got a little stronger every time you scaled. He's like a small DoT over time that a pet.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nothing is planned for mods with this change, and clamping is not related.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, CR will still be visible as a measure of your gear. Remember, stats themselves come from the gear you are wearing primarily. We're returning to this direct link without the go-between of CR differential.
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This is an MMO. It's what they do.
    • Like x 10
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

Will a minimum or suggested SP number be added to On Duty?
  9. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

LOL Really? I assure you, almost every single player on the PS side knew CR was a determining factor. Stop spreading your nonsense please. It's ridiculous.
    • Like x 5
  10. theforgottenking1576 Active Player

At least make a sp package were new players can purchase it to be even with everyone else i mean this change is in no way fair to players who do not got alot of sps who are new or don't play alot and for people to say just earn them is ridiculous it's boring for 1 and for 2 alot of players who have only worried about cr for so long and not sps this is a smack in the face to them i mean they have already beat this stuff now have to go back to get sps to get stronger when it use to be cr that matter make sps easier to get for players and make a cap whats going to happen is players with high cr and low sps are going to be in stuff trying to do there role and won't be able to plus LFG chat probably will not add you to there group if you have a high cr and low sps we will hzve a hard time completing stuff getting kicked
  11. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

YES!!! Thank you Mepps, NerdofPrey and dev team. Again, I can return to true empowerment again in DCUO. Stats should matter more regardless of others opinions. For those of you who feel it will be like a job to farm feats, to improve your Villain or hero, then go play another game and have a great day.

Life isn't fair, deal with it or move on. In this case, its very fair to many who enjoy making their characters powerful.
    • Like x 4
  12. theforgottenking1576 Active Player

Yes gear is were players get most there stats but players with low sps will get kicked and not be able to get the gear
  13. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

1 million times no. That would be stupid. It's fair to even new players because new players can work on their skill points just as older players did. Boring it may be, but it was boring for the vets too and they still did it. Your absolute laziness speaks volumes.
    • Like x 10
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Have you tested how this impacts balancing? I'm curious if you did your due diligence here as we saw with GU47, one mis step can cause other issues.

I would hate to find out that after all the mid range updates completed you find out that well, Might power or Precision are stronger ATM and need to adjust stats further.

I'm thinking not of myself but for the whole community. A year GU47 ruined precision powers. I would hate to see this happen again. Just stating.
    • Like x 2
  15. metalfenix Committed Player

I'm even down for downloading the test client when the time comes. You can count with me for testing, devs.
    • Like x 4
  16. theforgottenking1576 Active Player

No because when vets earned them the stuff was new and players stayed around to grind for feats now new players are not going to be able to find a group just for a feat run on older stuff LFG chat is already full of people trying to join a group for the newest content as it is you never see a person in lfg asking to join a group for tier 2 stuff or 3 or 4 theres a reason for that
  17. SSeid Committed Player

Excellent news. Best news you gave us for a very very long time.

Question/Reminder : Will you include changes to tanks to this update? / Don't forget Tanks, please do not forget to include tanks to whatever update you plan.

Also is this gonna be ready by the time SM will come.. it would be nice to be able to do SM without a predetermined point of no further!
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are not considering changes to how skill points are obtained at this time. Skill points add depth to the game, and that's good for new and veteran players alike.
    • Like x 29
  19. Cs2005 New Player

I've been slacking with my sp looks like i have to get back to "the grind" excited about this change
    • Like x 4
  20. Sun Goddess New Player

Assuming two players stats are equal, does this help with some powers doing much less damage than others (i.e. Earth > Electric) ?
    If so how?
    Or is that a separate issue that is being worked on as well?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.