Will Light be able to keep up with top powers after it hits live?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

At least the support role side has always been viable. I remember when you saw a loading screen for considering fire for anything. I remember when Sorc dps was horrid and the healing was frowned upon as well.
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I remember that. Electric was considered terrible for both roles at one point too.
    Celestial was a terrible dps in WM days too.
    Earth was crap in both roles at one point.
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Good fire tanks are hard to come by. I know a few. Runs are real smooth because they're not handing out immunities all over the place like MOST rage ice or atomic tanks. I left out earth because like fire they had to be good on the counter game

• Like x 1
  4. MainMan52 Well-Known Player

Light will be just fine. It won't be overpowered but balanced.
  5. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Balanced huh!? When everything is almost better that's balanced! Lol

Should be a weightloss commercial. ur not fat ur balanced. everyone else being skinny don't make you fat! Jist means ur balanced!
    • Like x 2
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

It's fine, maybe could use a small nerf from what's on test right now.
    • Like x 2
  7. MainMan52 Well-Known Player

Agreed.
  8. Greenchain Well-Known Player

The last parses I posted on the Testing thread were right in line for Mid and Range. Melee I think was a bit above but considering the 0M factor and counter issues there has to be some reward for the risk involved. I'm withholding judgement till it hits Live but certainly doesn't need a nerf of any sort.
    • Like x 1
  9. Will Power Loyal Player

Why compete with other DPS's just have a good time playing your way.
    • Like x 1
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

HL is going to be able to compete with the likes of mental and gadgets just fine.
    • Like x 1
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

The only game you get to play if your DPS is low is Loading Screen Roulette. Will I get kicked this time? Let's spin the chamber and find out!
    • Like x 1
  12. Will Power Loyal Player

I do get to have a lol when I see a Controller putting out more damage than a DPS cause I have DPS gear on that I spec'd with Vit mods. This happened today I had a good lol. However I was a level 22 and I did farm the Flash/OGFlash instance repeatedly looking for Gear to get my CR up to match my level.
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm not so sure. Afraid melee is going to hit way too hard, more or less like Gadgets super clip.
  14. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

The only power in here that gets smacked on adds is Electric. Celestial, Rage, HL, Nature can Melee. If you prefer not too, that's on you. The powers aren't behind. And Don't know if you noticed. Elec is stupid annoying in PVP. All these PVE only DPSers whining about their damage. I haven't had someone in my league wipe us in a raid because they are nature DPSing. Nor prevent us from getting a feat.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Which is exactly why those powers get so much hate. People are too scared to step outside their comfort zone and get up close. Then come on here and whine they're not doing enough damage.
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

When was sorcery healing ever considered bad? Maybe it must just be different circles we ran with because I've been playing since the beginning and never encountered that thought process by anyone.
  17. Sbel Devoted Player

Pretty sure people were saying it sucked when Paradox Wave was top raid. And again sometime later than that, sometime around HoP1 or WotL2 IIRC. Could be wrong about the times though. I never heal raids much or form raids much, so I pretty much ignore all the comments about what the "best" raid healer is.
  18. ErnieB Loyal Player

I changed to quantum today, couldn't take it anymore, I lasted for 3 years but after a 147 gadgets beat my 156 Light for over 1.5 million, it was too much. It made me feel useless and unecesary. I understand Nature and Elec have issues too, but at least people still ask for healers for duos and alerts, trolls are only good for raids, and even some groups just tell them to DPS until the last boss.
    • Like x 2
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

Oh and it also doesn't help knowing the update is done, but they are holding it back, even when people say PSN takes time to approve, Ice was added to GU 56 two weeks before being released, our GU only has Light powers and the changes to the first tutorial room.
    • Like x 1
  20. RLManuel Committed Player

The competition is what I love. I play dps for one reason and that's because I want to do the most damage possible and my power shouldn't be holding me back. My dps goal is to be the strongest or one of the strongest at least lol.