Deadpool Talkback Thread *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Feb 12, 2016.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Will be catching a show at noon. Also I will post my review of the Deadpool Blu-ray DVD soon. Now hold your applause.
  2. Malachyte Devoted Player

Hey, or you can wait 20 years and review it like Shazam does...LOL
    • Like x 6
  3. Leafy Committed Player

close enough.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wow, so because maybe someone wasn't around (either yet to be born or not old enough), they are not allowed to review a movie? Cereally? :eek:
  5. The Quickster Well-Known Player

Just saw the movie a few hours ago and i got to say i was somewhat disappointed. Maybe im just and idiot but most of the jokes didnt land for me, i laughed maybe 10 times throughout its 1 hr 30 min-ish run time not to mention that a few of the punchlines are spoiled in the trailers/marketing. This was a huge let down because i thought the character was supposed to be funny and hearing all these early reviews i thought i was gonna be busting a gut but sadly that wasnt the case. The funniest parts for me were the 4th wall breaks but even then most of them felt forced. People have started to compare Reynolds' performance to that of Downey Jr. and Tony Stark but honestly as i was watching the movie it didnt feel that iconic, but then again i dont read Deadpool comics so i wouldnt know, and if i can be totally honest here i think that someone like Dane Cook could've been cast in this role and i wouldn't have of noticed. The action however was phenomenal, it was raw, brutal and fun. It felt like the fight sequences were pulled right out of a comic book. If i had one gripe about the action its that in Origins: Wolverine, Deadpool seemed to be a lot more skilled at using his swords. Another problem i had was the R rating. Aside from the gore it didnt need to be there, like seriously IMO i feel like Fox would've benefited more (made more $$$) by going PG-13 i know Deadpool is supposed to be all about the blood and guts but we're talking about a quick 60 second montage of sex scenes, a strip club, some profanity and some partial nudity that just didnt even need to be there. The plot was okay i guess, just your average origin story. Overall, i'd give this movie a 7/10.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Well, that's the thing about the PoolFool: his humour has a limited audience, like Russell Brand or Rhys Darby

Not sure what level of skill Pool has with swords, but personally believe that those are simply his preferred weapon of slaughter, and he has a lot of weapons he uses
  7. The Quickster Well-Known Player

By skill im specifically referring to this scene in X-Men Origins

in the new movie he just kinda stabs people with them and thats about it.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, was thinking of that as well, but you can't really take anything that happened in that movie as happening the way it did: just view it as Logan's memory still being a little 'wonky' after the adamantium bullet to the brain (did you notice, even after stabbing those two guards at the end, his blades were still spotlessly clean? o_O )
  9. MainMan52 Well-Known Player

7/10
    Most of the good jokes were ruined by the trailers. Had pacing issues(flashbacks were too long)
    Spoiler, Colossus getting choked out by Angel Dust is ridiculous. 100 ton class losing to a 25 ton class(only in spurts). I don't think so.

Good action, Reynolds was great as DP, outfit wasn't CG and looks really good, Colossus was actually Russian, and it was fairly funny.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Actually, the eyes of the hood was CG (not sure if the whole hood, but definitely the eyes)
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

I thought Deadpool was great...Ryan hit the character perfect. The scenes with cab driver was funny, and the little comments here and there about the X-Men and other heroes were funny..

The dialog with his buddy from the bar was good, I just enjoyed it very much...

all in all...I would say 7.5 out of 10.
    • Like x 3
  12. Delta796th Loyal Player

Chik- Chika-chi-ka!
    • Like x 1
  13. Malachyte Devoted Player

Bueller, Bueller....lol
  14. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

The most subversive thing about the Deadpool movie is that it is actually a love story.... Mostly. It's a couple sub-plots short of practically being the Princess Bride.:confused:

Mostly Deadpool.
    • Like x 1
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

16. Malachyte Devoted Player

Super *****....lol
  17. OANGL Well-Known Player

Lol I was thinking that. That dude picks movies that aren't even relevant and gives then the version of a help review.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Who are you to decide what someone else finds relevant? :eek: :mad:
  19. OANGL Well-Known Player

Who are you to tell me that im not that person who decides what's relevant?
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Someone who actually found those reviews to still be relevant (even if in the wrong place :p )