Task Force X Seasonal WTF

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kimone, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Carol Ferris is like nine times easier to kill than Mr. Freeze! Are all seasonals so skewed in favor of ease for villains?
    • Like x 2
  2. Uvirith Active Player

Hey, cut us some slack. For every one of us there is like a hundred of you. Let us have this one.
    • Like x 5
  3. vladspally Well-Known Player

hehe never played a villain, but if thats true.. you can have this one guys!

[IMG]
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Carol Ferris can be beat totally bypassing any mechanic whatsoever. It is literally, go in, burn, leave. Done.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

Not that Mr. Freeze is hard to take down either... This seasonal is really all about relaxing fun that even new players can enjoy :)
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Both are easy. On freeze during the skull, just block for a few and then continue pew pew pewing.
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

meet

I have LITERALLY NEVER been knocked out or even in remote danger of dying from Carol. Normally I couldn't care too much but this is a couple weeks after seeing someone cry about having a race that exposes villains to potential danger at steelworks then flying a race on hero side that literally takes you through the bloody Mutant Pit at Ace Chemical. Like 'o noes these steelworks guys might get me the game is unfair' - I GOT A ******* MUTANT CROCODILE TRYNA EAT ME. DURING THE RACE. It takes you RIGHT THROUGH THE PIT.

Razzafrackin daggumt no good sunsa...
    • Like x 1
  8. Deranya Dedicated Player

considering that we had to more or less duo or three man it in the past xD it was pretty fair back then. I am so so glad that "lf 2 to queue event" is over :p
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Seeing how it is often the reverse.... seeing this is a nice change of pace.

Remember Donna Troy in Tunnel of Lust???
    It was much much much easier to be facing Cheetah then facing Donna Troy.
    • Like x 3
  10. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Oh ain't that the truth. Her reflect was a killer. Them amazons are women you don't mess with in this game.

But it is apparent that both sides have bosses that are easier than others.
    • Like x 1
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nexus and TD was harder fights for the villains too
    • Like x 2
  12. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

The villains normally have easier instances, I am not sure if that is on purpose or not. For example, the flash duo is easier as a villain, so is dp duo....this is of course speaking at level....be slowed by ice or killing flash are more difficult than the villain mobs. On my nature dps I always prefer getting the villain instances.

But they do have a lower population and it really isn't that big of deal, just an observation.
    • Like x 2
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Shrug, the carol ferris thing is the first bluntly easier thing I've task force x'd into, but a few of the other recent villain complaint points (like complaining about a race in steelworks when I literally have to travel through the toxic waste reclamation bin at Ace Chemicals which is full of stuff that will flat out kill anyone under CR 80 who goes there, and screws up anyone above that who tries) I no longer buy because...

Hey...

We got the SAME **** on our side of the fence too.
  14. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

That sounds like a bad design/bug more than anything, but I got your point. I have never played a villain so my experiences are based more on what instances I might run with the other side.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Shrug, there are actually a surprising amount of races that are through dangerous territory for one side, another side, or BOTH, amusingly. it's odd how many crappy 'racetrack next to enemies' placements there are in this game.
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yup. Every time I get to fight Carol I literally get excited because I know I won't have to stop every 10 seconds to block. Carol is 2 mins with a bad group, freeze is about 3.5 with a good one.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

Those things actually attack the villains also.

Yes this seasonal is demonstrably easier for villains. It's the only one, though. The others are exactly the same.
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The difference is that the Ace Chemicals enemies do not attack during the race:

19. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Wait, there's something in the Freeze fight people block for? That's weird; I just keep burning mindlessly. This is such an easy seasonal that I don't stress that villains have an even easier time of things.
    • Like x 1
  20. Vesper Dedicated Player

I think you misunderstand the problem Villains have with that Steelworks race:

It's unfair to villains. VILLAINS get hit by robots and the little flying sensor-bots all through the race. Heroes fly the EXACT same race and because Steel is on "their" side, they do NOT get hit by those bots. This race is heavily skewed in favor of heroes. My advice to most peeps in there is to run it first and get tagged by as many bots as possible before you die. IMMEDIATELY rerun it so all of those bots are despawned.

Meanwhile, the race through Ace Chemicals is not a worthy comparison because it IS fair to heroes and villains. All of the crows, alligators, sludge creatures, chemoids, and Clowns at Ace are hostile to EVERYONE, heroes and villains alike. EVERYONE has to deal with getting pulled into a pit of sludge, having a bird smack them, and an alligator try to eat them during the race. EVERYONE.

These two races are NOT equivalent. Villains have a tougher time finishing the races because Steelworks bots are hostile to them but not to heroes. Fact.
    • Like x 1