Test server for PS membership idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ShinyX, Feb 2, 2016.

1. ShinyX New Player

Before I begin, I would like to apologize for my 3rd language (english) grammar and spelling.

So I know test server at the moment is free for all daybreak members but at some point, it will require membership from pc. PS players have been asking for test server for PS. Knowing it will require lots of work, why not just make PS with membership log in the website with his/her PSN account. With PC and PS crossover, there should be a way to create a "Login with PSN" and script it in a way it can detect that PS player with membership are legible to download test server on their PC and test it.
    All it will require for a PS player is to have a PC and that's it. If that person already have a daybreak account, it should be able to link the psn and daybreak account as one person. There won't be any need to transfer ps character to pc or vice versa but just detect that if one of the 2 server in the same account has legendary, it should be enough. (FOR SECURITY AND DUPLICATE MEASURE, ONLY 1 PSN ACCOUNT CAN CONNECT TO A DAYBREAK ACCOUNT.)

Maybe this method already exist and if so, tell me because I am a legendary player from the PS SERVER and I would like to install it on my PC. If not, I think it is a nice idea. If it requires to much work, well, there's 3 options that has been chosen.

1. PS server is the most populate, there will be a ps test server but will require much more works such as conversation yadayada.

2. PS server is the most populate, there will be a way to identify PSN membership to download and play on a PC, and it will require lots of work but less work then doing a PS test server.

3. PS server is the most populate, but "we don't care about PS SERVER, ONLY PC MATTERS TO US". =)

Thanks for reading and leave comments and tought!
  2. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I'll try to keep it short.

PSN regulates that for something to be opened by the PlayStation it must be published in the PlayStation Network. For something to be published in the PlayStation Network it must be submitted for approval and that takes about 2 weeks.

Meaning, that theoretically you put a test server out that you can patch it with a delay of 2 weeks for every fix. The current PC test is not regulated by PSN so it could be patched many times a week without delay. So you detect an issue and patch it in the next day or two.

With a PS Test server you detect an issue and you'll hand to wait 2 weeks for the patch to be installed on the server. That will delay a publishing of a monthly content too much and in the end you'll be releasing too simple content that will end up been boring or delaying the deployment for months until you finish enough tests for the content to be on the production server.

It was never in the SOE hands and it's not in DBG hands. It's all about the bureaucracy of the PSN. This has been discussed too many times here at the forums and you most likely won't get a response from a developer about it since they have repeated this over and over. Make a search here in the forums and you'll see ask the times they responded with the same information.

My 2 cents.

Edit: By the way, PS players can download the PC test server on a computer and test the results. It won't be on a console but in a PC.
    • Like x 2
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

As a Playstation user, you can already download and use the test server on your PC for free, whether you're a member or not.

Download the Test server and use the same credentials you use to log into the forums to log into the test server.
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

You can do that already, go to the test page and download the server.
  5. ShinyX New Player

Yeah I have it now for free, but in the past, even when I had membership on my PSN, I couldn't download it because it required a PC membership, which was unfortunate for me. So are you saying, at some point, I could play on the test server without the need to buy PC legendary in the future? I know now it is free, but at some point in the future, it will require PC membership. <- or am I wrong?
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

If there are no problems with free players using test server ( i don't think there will be any), you are wrong :p.
  7. ShinyX New Player

If it will stay free for free player forever, I don't mind neither then=)!
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

No, Mepps have said all paying memebers (all access) can use test server, be PS or PC, all you need is a PC to run it, I believe they changed it when All Access was introduced though.
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

You could play right now, today, if you wanted. All you need to do is use your forum account to log into the test server, after you've downloaded it and it starts asking for your username and password.

Theoretically, the devs could pull the plug on free access to the test server, tomorrow. But it's been open to all players for such a long time now. A lot of the old testers who used to go above and beyond no longer participate, so it doesn't make sense to gate players from accessing the test server.
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

It's been extremely rare that PC test population is full. So I guess the impact from free and PS players is so far no problem - and no reason to lock PCtest again :).

I even talked with free players on test who said they were trying out powers before buying a power....