5 tap change

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TRELL1, Jan 31, 2016.

1. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

I'll start this up. I personally can see both sides of the argument. ScreenBlocking is legitimate tactic in thought, but in practice the amount of skill involved is way too low for the reward.

Melee taps having huge AoEs allows player to block for their teammates at a distance that requires little thought/skill. HB losing its AoE BB complicated ppl's ability to counter this tactic. It cannot be stressed enough that 5 taps was not a player idea and even with pushback the debs decided to move forward with it as a temporary solution.

Anti-5 tap changes see it as an avenue to very easy safe weapon damage and much lower block counter numbers.

I wonder if moving to 4 would be a fair compromise? Or if giving all weapons an AoE BB would be better (wasn't around or not aware when they were taken away as a whole). I think if Melee attacks could have their range and target size reduced that would be the best option, but I'm not sure how much that would affect PvE.

/end ramble.
    • Like x 1
  2. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

I think it was 4 before, then it was changed to 3 as a ninja nerf.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

5 tap was a player idea after they lost the vote to have hb bb stay aoe.
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Considering that Shield has 2 taps as a 4th tap, changing it again would kinda screw it over.

Trust me I'd like nothing more than melee taps to be single target, but it's not going to happen, at least not anytime soon. Best advice I can give is stop focusing on blocking taps and try to anticipate the hold combo, as most people if not everyone has a pattern.
  5. Alexonic Committed Player

they should make the 5 taps work only against the players you are not targeting...

i mean, you need 3 taps to fall against the player you have on target, and 5 taps to fall against the other players (if they block)...
    so this will influence only the screenblock, and not the fight...

if you change target, the rule will become 3 taps against the new target, if you've already done 3 or 2 taps against it while not targeting it, you will fall at the next tap...

screenblock's problem solved

if you think it's a good idea, i'll propose it opening a topic
    • Like x 1
  6. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

I'm sure you have legitimate beef with the PC guys for whatever reason, but I just looked the whole 1/14 PvP adjustments thread and 1/22 PvP adjustments and I can't see where that idea was introduced by a player. After the vote, Devs just on their own put that change in tandem with the HB change.

Anyways, seems clear you want 3 taps and AoE BBs for everyone?
    • Like x 3
  7. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

To be fair, I haven't actually had a problem with the 5 change (although idk how good I am in the grand scheme of PvP. Guess we'll find out soon).

I don't think many have an actual issue with the tactic of screen blocking, but with 3 taps and no AoE BB pace of play would slow down and blocks would far too rewarding. Having essentially an AoE block without a clear way to counter it. And no the simplistic "just have someone BB, how you can sit there and let someone block" isn't sufficient in my mind.
  8. Nitrac Well-Known Player

It doesn't actually affect top level 1v1s or 2v2s because nobody successfully blocks taps without getting blocked. 3 taps always took long enough to react to someone blocking and block-break them or do a ranged tap to reset your melee tap counter.

I've heard that there's a new tap meta on PS 1v1s where you just spam taps til your opponent dies but I'd argue that you could of successfully done that before the change as well. Not to mention it doesn't work unless your earth(crystal is hitting hard and it does all your damage for you) or you're ahead on damage and just playing safe til they die.
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

After the vote most of the pc guys started asking for changes, maybe that didn't ask for 5 taps directly, but they were asking for a change that would effect everyone. I'm not going to read through thread, so i will take yor word for it.
    Please explain to me why it's cool to some of y'all why one weapon should have an aoe bb, but not all?

My beef with pc guys is their arrogance.
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Top level? I could say screen blocking didn't effect top level 4s or 5s group. Working for pvp gear didn't effect top level players. You all are running out of excuses, and got to go to sneak dissing
  11. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Speaking for myself, I would've preferred all weapons getting AoE BB. I don't think that's off the table with weapon adjustment coming fairly soon. Seems like Devs thought just removing would easier than adding one to all at that time.

What gets lost is that this 5 tap/ AoE BB dynamic was temporary and very much dependent on feedback from when it went live. I think when cross at goes up we'll have a better gauge than what we have now.
  12. Nitrac Well-Known Player

You could say that and you would be wrong.
  13. Nitrac Well-Known Player

Sneak dissing? I'll straight up say I don't respect you as a player or any of your feedback because of that. I think you're no good.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I wasn't just talking about me, i'm talking about anyone who don't agree with you. Top level is saying anyone who don't agree with 5 taps is not top level. That's sneak dissing. As far as not respecting me or my feedback, that's your prerogative
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I would be wrong in your opinion
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Ladies, you're both pretty. :p
  17. Nitrac Well-Known Player

If you get blocked by tapping into a block 3 times, you messed up big time. If you held block throughout 3 melee taps you've messed up and if they get blocked by it they have now also messed up. Like I said at the top level this change hasn't done anything to 1s.
  18. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

That's not an adjective I'd use too liberally on this forum... :p

/evillaugh /smokebomb /exit
  19. Lights Derp Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Bai Felicia. :p