Should higher cr people be in lower content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OANGL, Jan 26, 2016.

1. OANGL Well-Known Player

Your a sick sick villain lol
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I was providing an option that did not include stat clamping. My previous post to the one you quoted had more options added instead of options removed.
  3. OANGL Well-Known Player

U know idk why I didn't think of this....why not just do what they do on holiday events and decrease their stats so they r like everyone else. I had that done to me in the valentine's day event. But to quell the anger from some people make it when you are a certain b umber of tears above that mission
  4. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Only repeating myself for the umpteenth time!
    I am against! Fully clamping the statistics!
    In a portal to enter all content and will not ever see another self cr playing with new players! (unless it's to help).
    Now I would never go back to an old content to suffer again as a beginner without any gain for this! It would be the end of this game for me and all the veteran players ...
    Well ... Maybe that's what they want ... delete all the old players and new players only stay with ...o_O
  5. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Random q is random, form your own group. I don't know where people get off trying to tell others they shouldn't be allowed to play content they have paid to play.
    • Like x 1
  6. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

Why do we need another thread about this?? Are the past 200 threads in a month not giving you enough of an explanation? You have an option to control what cr's are in your grp. Form your own group!!!! Alot of the higher cr's that are going into lower content is to collect feats or styles. If your que'n up randomly, then you take what you get or you leave and try again. Do you pay my sub? Nope. Everybody has the right to run whatever they want to, regardless of their cr. It's funny, i have never had any lower cr tell me to slow down on killing adds in lower content.. When they see all the feats pop up at the end, they are very grateful.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Doesn't mean that high CR players are excused from potentially inconsiderate behavior, especially if that behavior leads to lower CR players not even getting the chance to learn the in-game mechanics and develop their skills, something that many lament is missing in end-game players now.

The instant a player joins a group, it stops being all about themselves.
  8. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Yes.

• feats
    • styles
    • collections
    • investigations
    • They love it! :D
    I feel as if the only answers to this is stat clamping ( omg! I know! :eek: ) or open world. Ace Chem, and a few other places have teleporters. So that way there's that option
    • Like x 1
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

See the thing is Low CRs are hard to gather together in a group because low CRs tend to be newbies, newbies don't know how to form their own groups because they are new... TLDR; High CRs are easier to find and gather together in a group than low CRs because most low CRs are newbies who don't know about the LFG Chanel, and don't know the UI well enough to accept an invite.(In other-words it's unreasonable to expect us to form a group of low CR newbies because they don't know the game well enough to accept an invite, and are hard to talk to find and talk to because of how clunky the chat UI is in the first place.)
  10. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

11. OANGL Well-Known Player

I feel like you have given me the calmest answer here.
  12. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

No it doesn't bother anyone important.

If this bothered people the population would have gone up instead of down with content relevancy.

Do a search on the topic.
  13. Minnion Devoted Player

How do you figure that?
  14. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Because if it mattered it would have been acknowledged AND changed.

It was acknowledged. Just changing the old content to not give marks out lowered the population noticeably.

Somehow I don't think forcing people out of content would produce a better result.

I could technically be wrong but I just doubt it.
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

See the trick is to not force people out of old content... while addressing power creep... (Stat flattening/CR relevancy window BS is NOT the same thing as clamping... The basic idea of clamping is to eliminate/mitigate the negative effects of power creep on newbies without forcing people out of older content/taking away a players incentive to run older content.)

This is why the important part of introducing stat clamping isn't just the clamp... That's why Cr Relevancy failed... Instead of addressing the problem(Power creep making random queues too easy) they instead took the approach that players were the problem... The problem isn't who's running what, it's power creep. It's always been power creep.
  16. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

High CR's have as much right to the instance as you....perhaps more so.
    This is making me think of olden times....I think I'll go que up some old stuff and watch the tears flow....I mean....because you guys are making it sound like every low lvl player is crying over this yet it's always the same 4 people posting and trying to push this crap here on the forums.

Can your clamp........ask for portals.
    • Like x 1
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

Not trying to make it sound like low level players are "Crying" about anything... Just simply stating that low CR players aren't learning anything and getting carried into high CR content and thinking that they're better than they are because of a false sense of accomplishment because of an environment that fosters the idea that "I earned this CR" even when they were simply carried and didn't earn squat... This is why we have people crying in seasonal, because a bunch of High CR players feel entitled to smashing stuff like the guys who carried them because that's what the game and the community taught them: That High CRs deserve to smash stuff because they can.

The idea behind clamping is in part a push back against this idea that High CRs are entitled to stuff just for being high CR.(And especally when CR is handed out on a silver platter instead of earned through struggle by way of High CR players going back and soloing older content with low CRs along for the ride.

Not everyone is going to complain about getting carried, this doesn't mean that it's not a problem for them and anyone they team up with... It just means that some people are too selfish and lazy to consider how being handed a win on a silver platter might put them at a disadvantage later on, and only care about getting the prize and only complain if getting the prize is too hard... (Case in point, clamping in seasonal content... Every time clamped seasonal content is released people complain about having to "work" too hard to win enough tickets for the shinny new prizes... It's like complaining about the Whack-a-mole not spitting tickets when you aren't whacking any moles and you think it should give you tickets because you already played it last year... Never mind that you're getting to play it for free.)
  18. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Im a new player. Only play so often. Working on my T1 gear right now for my sorc/healer. I dont understand this problem.... As a newb you have to run solo/duo or bigger over and over and over. Who cares if a high CR guy comes along and creams everything? Chances are you will be doing that mission/raid hundreds of more times and several of those times you will get paired up with people more in your range or weaker.

I try to help as best I can, leave the fighting to them and help carry crap or run switches so we can do the instance as fast as possible. It doesnt just benefit the high CR person to get through it as fast as possible. It allows me to get to the next mission faster also.

I still have plenty of opportunity to learn my powers. I read the power guides on the Oracle board and experiement with the different combo's listed
  19. inferno Loyal Player

Almost all my toons are at end game tier, and I do play lower content. I pay a yearly subscription so I don't see why I should not be allowed to play in them.
    In past discussions about this same topic which comes up over and over, there have been several suggestions to cover other pplayer's concerns. Here are a few:

Form your own group.
    Teleporters to instances.
    Communicate with said player and see if they're willing to take off some gear to level down.
    Leave such group.
  20. Cyberfly mkII New Player

This thread should be merged with the "I'm not carrying anybody anymore" thread. I never asked Mr. CR100+ to carry my CR30+ butt through Smallville, I was annoyed that I didn't get to do any real content that you blew right through (on my first run, "Oh was that Smallville? I blinked!"). But whatever, at least it's mitigated by the fact that maybe we got a speed feat... I can understand why somebody might just sit at the beginning, we're not getting to do anything anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for grinding out the feats and getting the collections. It's just this issue does cut both ways.