How is Quantum compaired to other balanced powers?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by RLManuel, Jan 11, 2016.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Yes. But, I watched him do it in an alert and in a duo. I saw someone else doing it in BS, but only on hallway adds. I don't know how it would work on a genuine boss fight.
    • Like x 1
  2. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I think, dps is must be aggressive as possible. And quantum loadout no space for this, super charge is more offensive. Dps need to know how to positioning him self, and need to rely on other roles. Today, only sorcery can use shield in your loadout, because the pet make must of the job.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

And this is why other DPS die fifteen times in the same boss fight.

Being able to output the most damage is only valid if you can live through the process of outputting that damage. I play a Mental DPS - Mass Terror Loadout - so I'm used to being in the danger zone. Before the AM was installed I used the big three - > flurry shot combo with the two hand as my primary WM combo. Before that I just used the sword by itself. To get away with ANY of these things, you need to know how to block, how to work counters, and how to build a loadout that has a Shield in it somewhere.

Like I've said before, an extra offensive skill is only as useful as your ability to survive. Extra damage doesn't mean anything when you're dead.
    • Like x 3
  4. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

We have different points of view. I prefer to stay in the attack, rely on my skills and count on my team. But their approach is super valid.
  5. SumtegWong New Player

Quantum DPS is somewhat a balanced damage power compared to Mental, Ice, and Earth. I know I see the numbers.. The only thing i would change is to increase the damage a little on the power after Time Bomb. I use DW on every rotation and it doesn't change my numbers. I'm still close to other OP power but 2 Gadgets and Sorc. There 3 EMP load out is OP and its funny that the Sorc pet is stronger then the owner.. A lot of my DCUO buddies that are beating me in dps like Ice, Mental, and Earth have 30+ sp then me. I think that is Balanced. Plus, a BIG PLUS is the SKILL of the player. Have the right load out for the most damage. And if you get close to the enemies and stay alive and keep up with the tank your dps numbers will be great. And for all the Noobs out there I'm talking about Raids. Duo's and Alerts are a different topic.. You damn slow Time Bomb...... ;)

QUANTUM 4 LIFE
    • Like x 1
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

My sorc toons have had ice people leave duos because they were either embarrassed or mad my pet and I kept wiping out everything alone before s/he could move..that a sorc toon could not keep up with an ice toon is very bad...either they learn from the ground up what to do or play Lego Batman on a Wii..or something. Sorc is the easiest to play (yes I know opinion only)...no excuse to lose to ice. Not that ice is weak..it is one of those hustle clutch powers...in the right hands I do not see Ice as weak at all
  7. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

Quantum is decent. Definitely no Mental or Gadgets
  8. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

Quantum is my favorite power. Its damage might not be at the very top but its above average. Its stuns, even in dps role come in very handy in duos and alerts, and its AM power back is exceptional.

Also one of my favorite things to do is burn a group of adds to about halfway, then stun them, launch a time bomb and just walk away. Then right when they're just about out of the screen watch the time bomb go off killing them in my wake as i strut away like a ****. Its satisfying every time.
    • Like x 2