Finally back on, These ddos attacks need to stop

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minnion Devoted Player

I'm aware... Features include
    • High definition graphics
    • Advanced tactile feedback
    • Truly challenging enemy AI, and a vast array of options for dealing with hostile encounters(Including a variety of peaceful options, sneaking, talking, and if that fails there is still the old fallback of combat.)
    • Vast array of availible weapons.
    • Interactive and malleable environments.
    • Challenging puzzles that even the brightest players in the world have yet to crack(Like world piece, colonizing other worlds, curing negative status effects like cancer and aids, and creating new and more devastating weapons!
    • Unparalleled sandbox game-play environment.
    • Countless Minigames!
    • Permadeath ensures not two players ever have the same experience. (Though players still debate the existence of the "New game +" options known as "Heaven" and "Hell" and even then there are those who are sure you can simply roll up a new character through the "Reincarnation" system while possibly retaining some trace of their previous character...)
    • Like x 3
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Is that what the forums headline is about? Well that explains why the forums wouldn't load at first. Haven't tried the game, guess I wont be any time soon.

Seriously people that do this crap need to hunted down and have very nasty things done to them.

This will be I believe the third year we have been getting these type of attacks. I really don't get it you are just hurting people playing a game not some bad guy or organization, what's the point? Like, yay you stopped people from some down time in front of their computer/console and made some poor skeleton crew work really hard to fix things, really big accomplishment there, sparky!.
  3. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

Is there anyway to trace the attacks. I would like to arrange some personal time with one of them face to face. Maybe show up at there door step with some flowers.
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, an outside world where my dad died five days ago. While it's healthy to deal with that, it's also healthy to want a break from thinking about it for some time. This attack made it more difficult for me to take that break. I have other methods to distract myself, but having one that has been a near constant for me for over two and a half years is more helpful due to familiarity.
    • Like x 2
  5. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

This is getting beyond stupid, Fix your d@%. game
    • Like x 1
  6. StarFist New Player

As someone earlier has said, there is no way technically to stop DDOS attacks. The solution will start when one of these little jerks answers his doorbell and a corporate hitman puts a gun to his head and pulls the trigger. After a few of them have disappeared this kind of thing will stop. It will happen because companies are loosing millions everytime this happens. They will pony up the money for a hit contract. The laws don't work from one country to another. It is sad that this is what will solve the problem.
  7. BurntMind Active Player

lol finally back up? i wouldnt be surprised to see it happening in couple more hours or tomorrow.lol just wondering.....why did they plan to attack Daybreak
  8. megamanzero Loyal Player

sorry to hear about your father.
    • Like x 1
  9. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

Yeah..like there is something wrong with playing a game that you paid for or something.

Its a funny quote coming from someone sitting infront of the computer right now on this board. Maybe ge should take his own advice and go outside.
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

no reason is what they said on twitter just because they could in their own words as far as the attack goes, it's stop i don't know if we are done with this attack for good or not yet.
  11. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

Then why are you on the message board right now? Why don't you take your own advice?
  12. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

13. slickpulla915 Active Player

I'm guessing the game is down still?
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm unable to get my launcher up. Not sure if I'm alone - USPC.
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

well this is frustrating
  16. StarFist New Player

It happens to all guys at one time or another :)
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

At least your post was predictable. :p
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yeah,the attack has stop but am not able to log in on the game the launcher wont read for me as well so don't feel bad guys.
  19. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

That's why I am still not able to log in :(

Status: 12/30/2015 14:32 PST - We are currently investigating a potential issue with network connectivity to the game.
    DC Universe Online Forums
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Game should be back up now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.