Hacked?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Retired Red Robin, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

I was playing on my toon and I got into the shout chat to offer a trade right then and there my name popped up in the shout chat saying "some vulgar stuff".

I was dumb founded because in shout when you write something it says (you) it doesn't say (your full name)

DCUO do something about this now
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Expand your chat window, you'll see the person impersonating you. Screenshot it and report the SOB.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Is it even against tos to impersonate a player
  4. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

Wait they can do that? I know its easy to write shout (Full Name of toon) but I usually see the name of the other dude somewhere how can it only have my name there
  5. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

I don't know all I know is that my name fully popped up and nobody elses and it should be because it's not fun to mess with players in that sort of fashion
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Last I heard impersonating a Developer is, impersonating a player is not.

The OP however stated this player was making "vulgar" comments. You can in fact report that.

That being said, I don't report "vulgar" comments 99% of the time. I think being chat police is a little silly unless it is extreme. The occasional curse word or two is in no ways reason to report a player. However, if they go off on a racist rant mixed with an obscene amount of cursing then yeah...report time.
  7. Delta796th Loyal Player

Old trick, just enlarge chat and you'll see who did it. Take screen shot and report
  8. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

I agree 100% I ignore vulgar language but the thing is it wouldn't be bothering me if it was him speaking as himself and but it was him impersonating me and saying such vulgar language. Now I know I wasn't hacked but still. I didn't like it one bit
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Most people recognize that as an old trick, so your rep is probably still in tact. I usually call people out that do that because they think they discovered some cool new hack and think they're all that. So I just become a buzzkill, and enjoy doing it :D
  10. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

It works like this:

How it looks like:
    [Shout] [RandomPlayer1]: Blah blah
    [Shout] [Player Doing Impersonation]: This is a dummy test
    [Shout] [You]: blah_blah_blah
    [Shout] [RandomPlayer2] Blah blah

How it's made:
    [Shout] [Player Doing Impersonation]: This is a dummy test ______________________
    [Shout] [You]: blah_blah_blah
    [Shout] [RandomPlayer2]: Blah blah

If you resize the chat window:
    [Shout] [Player Doing Impersonation]: This is a dummy test [Shout][You]: blah_blah_blah
    [Shout] [RandomPlayer2]: Blah blah

My 2 cents
    • Like x 1
  11. CHUD Loyal Player

I've seen that as well and to me I think it's a really bad joke which needs to stop. Many of the chat channels have become plagued by folks just wanting to pull something stupid, like impersonating another player (I've even seen it done with Mepps' name) or discouraging others and trolling for attention. What makes it worse is that they feel as if they are entitled to do so because of them paying for a membership or any other odd reason. What makes it even worse is there are no GM's online and even doing a full and proper report still doesn't do much. They get banned for a while.....but will come back doing the same thing.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

yes it is, it's considered "cyber bullying" as your sole intention is to discredit the person, bring them in to disrepute and/or get them ignored by people or get an innocent party reported.

it is definitely a breach of T&C's and an offence warranting action.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dynagirl Committed Player

I'm surprise this is still a thing. This trick is almost as old as this game. I remember people started doing that like 3 months after launch in The Killing Joke (best server ever :D) .
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I use it so I can have Gary Busey scream incomprehensible gibberish at my characters.
  15. CHUD Loyal Player

Gary Busey??? You sick bastard. Evil.....just evil.

*pondering the idea*
    If you're on the USPC server,.......I'd love to see the whole thing. Hell,....even I'm now tempted to go along with it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

:O you I will learn and I will adapt. Thank you so much for this. Now I got the little grinch. Merry christmas