Guarantee Loot drop system

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LORD CAKE, Dec 22, 2015.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What do you mean a different drop count??? And if you're saying the limiter works differently for alerts vs raids just take what I said and apply to whatever instance you're running: if you're looking for Elite Alert rewards run DCr & DCe and THEN run DPe.
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

They don't. Flagged gear triggers a reset and it doesn't matter if that's Alert content or raid content. If you see a purple gear drop in Desecrated Cathedral, you've reset the bad luck limiter for the entire game.
    • Like x 2
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah...running DC was almost a guarantee for greens all day...now, not as much. The good thing is i've gotten more weapon boxes because of this...so it's not all negative. ;)
  4. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Nope. There is only one back luck limiter count, and it's shared across only alerts and raids that have loot selections in them. That's what the devs have claimed all along, and on the weekend with the limiter at 2 I confirmed all that. No reason to think that part's changed.

Other theories that pop up sometimes that aren't true:
    • Loot selections in duos matters
    • Getting a rare base items resets the counter
    • If you don't select the rare loot it doesn't count
    It's Alerts and raids only; a shared single counter; goes up when you don't get a rare gear drop offered; after some number of drops one is guaranteed.

If you run alerts every day and only run the hard stuff when there's been a long run without a rare drop, you can get closer to one every week without spending any replays. That worked perfectly when people were chasing weapons in DC. It's not going as well for me in the DP alert now, because no one wants to run the regular version for free each day---not when they can instead run the elite version and chase those drops.
    • Like x 1
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

yeah I gave up, the loot system is wrong in this game and it's nothing but a replay scam, no matter how you want to spin it, it's made to force the use of replay badges. If the system worked so well they wouldn't have made a crafting system then. Then again if people ran something other than the one relevant monthly thing this wouldn't be an issue as more people would run other content, but since all that matters is the current one then anything bellow it is a waste of time.
    • Like x 2
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

It's ok, I know all that matters is the one current monthly content, everything else is a waste of time if you didn't play it on it's month.
  7. ErnieB Loyal Player

It doesn't matter, all that does is running the current content only, now it's DP, next month is BN, as long as that is the only thing one runs it's ok because he'll get the current gear, wasting time on older content is that, a waste of time.
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

same here i never get anything rare ever
    • Like x 1
  9. iiCoNx Active Player

i would like to see the OP items tied to a npc for a certain amount of runs.Complete whatever 25 times for the current OP piece. It would still promote replay sells or you can wait and 25 runs later bam OP piece.
    • Like x 1
  10. iiCoNx Active Player

11. iiCoNx Active Player

I ran 5toons through dpe to get 148cr not 1 has the OP piece,but if a mission was tied to it so it would be guaranteed im pretty sure i'd be replaying all 5 to get it on all of them.But until then i'll stop replaying at max cr.
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's only a waste of time if he has absolutely no need for marks, scraps, crafting materials or has enough money to not give a damn about blowing replays on the latest piece of content. But if you choose to go the replay route, you have ZERO ground to complain about anything replay or loot related especially when they've given us an alternative that benefits all of us (running more content to up our chances for drops means more people playing all relevant content, which helps other players which ultimately helps the company as well).
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah...but eventually the gravy train stops. The best part about this particular omnipotence piece is that it has a new style (not attainable anywhere in the game)...so even after it's no longer relevant gear-wise there's still some chase value for us style ****** junkies. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. spinza Well-Known Player

Haha yea the same thin happen when we heard that dpe have op hand we try continue 10 hours with 3 dps and 1 heal wvey run get 15 mints none of us get the item i run evry single week prime didnt see any item only valut give me rings and neck 78 level
    • Like x 1
  15. spinza Well-Known Player

Evry run
  16. ErnieB Loyal Player

Problem is crafting takes too long, it isn't viable at all, marks are only good for rent, which is only due once every two months, and content is only usefull while it's relevant, tell mw how many are still doing anything that isn't BD or DP, you know that's all people run because that's where the gear that matters is, but once new conten is out, they will forget about that and jump into the next piece of content. Saying running it over and over was a thing before, now days it's only ran once a month, I miss my chance at UM and now barely anyone does it, and my atls are having a hard time leveling because barely anyone does anything that isn't the two relevant things, if I where to use the crafting route, ny the time I have one piece of gear with the little content I run daily, 3 episodes will go by and I would still be in the same place.
    • Like x 2
  17. LORD CAKE Active Player

Everyone has awesome ideas how can we get a response from the Dev. I want to be able to obtain all my gold gear other than luck or praying to Rngeus lol. I've replayed 100 hundreds of dollars n still nothing. Hopefully we will see some change or maybe it will drop 4 me
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're missing the point of the Omnipotence pieces...they are chase items...not guaranteed drops. You're supposed to want them, but you don't need these items for progress. Only thing I can tell you is to stop chasing so hard (blowing replays) unless you enjoy doing that, and if so, thank you for supporting the game that I love.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Takes to long according to what or whom exactly? The Devs set the timetable...6-8 weeks. If you decide not to craft the face mask you'll have a jump start on the rings when the next Episode drops. That already puts you ahead of the game since the next best craftable rings won't be for another 3 months. And you can't exactly say something "isn't viable at all" when you haven't even actually given it a chance. Your expectations are WAY above what was set by Mepps and the Devs...come down to reality and practice a bit of patience.

In your mind and a few others marks are ONLY good for that. Meanwhile I read other threads complaining that we can't get enough marks to cover all of their needs especially older styles or rare (missing) style pieces. So between the Marks are Useless groups and the not enough marks people, seems like we're right at the sweet spot for marks and their usage. That YOU personally have no use for marks beyond rent is rather unfortunate. Also, while you and some others regard vendor gear under its current set up to be third best, doesn't mean that it has NO value...that's just an opinion or feeling, not fact.

Relevance (or usefulness) of content is a personal thing. Nexus, FoS3, Paradox, Gates, Shady Nightclub...they're no longer "relevant" to my progress. But I still find something useful in those instances...gear I can no longer use for progress is now gear I can use for salvage to get complex and simple materials. Because of our gear and stats, I can run all of those in about 30 minutes or less per character running with a leaguemate or two (most I can easily solo if there are no cogs or split boss fights). My point being that there's always still some use for what some consider to be "non-relevant" content. If that's of no use for you, that's fine. You can't say it's useless though just because YOU might not have a use for it...same goes for other content that still provides marks within the relevance window.

I can't tell you how many people are still actually running anything outside of BD & DP...because i'm too busy running said content instead of doing a head count. The fact that I get into groups for Duos, Alerts and Raids outside of BD & BP regularly tells me that enough people are still running it, enough people still find those instances relevant (even when they're fully geared...like this Earth DPS last night running BD Elite even though he had FULL Elite gear including the OP Hands).

What server are you on??? I ran UM 3 times yesterday with three alts (the other 4 had already completed their UM runs between last Thursday and Sunday). I also did Bombshells, tried HH but got into two fail groups...so I decided to just scrap that. I maintain 7 toons, and have them all at cr146 or higher (most are at 148). And i'm managing this with minimal replay use (I buy more feats than replay instances...and lately i've spent more on unlocking instances for my leaguemates in alerts because I want to...and have that itch to use replays...not because I need to). Out of those 7 toons, the only one dragging along at cr146 is my nature toon...since the DPS side is lackluster all I do is heal with him...which means I can catch up real quick, so i'm in no rush to max that character out.
    • Like x 1
  20. Crn Well-Known Player

F••• the OP pieces, every single ones of them. I don't even want them.