why get a pet if you can't use it?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by redlustersoldier, Dec 22, 2015.

1. redlustersoldier Well-Known Player

Hello everyone, I'm sure many people here like the survival mode much like me and are struggling to get a pet or have already achieved. The point is that there is no place in the utility belts to use this, you have supply drop, orbital, and sideckick / back up depending on your role, no one will remove one of these very useful trinkets to bring a pet, I have like 8 trinkets in my inventory I would like to use when in a relevant instance and can not because the utility belts allow only have 3 trinkets.
    So I ask the devs: Why do they have utility belts 2 spaces for trinkets and 2 wildcard whenever you leave a new episode (episode including utility belts) Instead of that useless space consumable?
    I really see no reason not to, because it is what people want, to be able to use those trinkets we like but are unused inventory. Furthermore this would increase sales of toys that are in the marketplace.
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

First, you can't use SM pets in combat, they do nothing and die in 2 seconds.
    I think its a way to sell replays when those come, whos not going to farm the hell out in Blackest Night to get the OP utility belt :rolleyes:.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Pets definitely need an overhaul as I believe there's a potential market out there for them.

The fact that they do absolutely nothing yet are still extremely desired by those attempting Survival Mode indicates that there is interest out there for them.

I think there should be a standard, normalised build that is assigned to each pet (not including super power pets) that has ever been made. They each do a certain amount of damage and they each buff your stats by a certain percentage.

Applied to all pets, they would all be equally balanced and the only variation would be model and effects each pet uses.

There would then be a wide variety of pets for players to obtain through various methods including: The Marketplace, Survival Mode, Content and Vendor. They could maybe even utilise Renown and R&D for some pets (rare drop to find a plan which allows you to build a Pet Trinket that summons Pengbot, anyone?)

Once this feature is implemented, I'd also look at making a new marketplace amenity for players which can be placed in your base and acts as a storage container for your trinkets. Then at various points, one or multiple pets are spawned in your base and wander around.

They could then look at utilising R1 + L1 + R2 + L2 to bring up a summoning menu (similar to the armoury switch menu) that enables you to summon any pet you have in storage OR if you don't own the feature, pressing all 4 buttons simultaneously will summon your pet placed in a designated pet trinket slot.
    • Like x 3
  4. Delta796th Loyal Player

SM is all about bragging rights. That's all
    • Like x 1
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

They should just be activated from within our inventory. I've been asking for that forever. All Trinkets btw.

That, and they should NOT be temporary. Another thing I have been asking for. Again, all Trinkets.
    • Like x 2
  6. Venus Void Dedicated Player

I agree the Utility Belts should just be all Wildcards, if we want to use consumable slot, we will.

Now, to address the usefulness of the trinkets themselves, while the SM trinkets aren't very useful, on a Controller I'd trade out Sidekick/Back up in an instant for the Atlantean Trinket. For a healer I'd rather have Boo Jr./Baby than the Back up as well, that shield they throw up 2-3x at random has saved my life countless times as well as assisting with many pickups. Furthermore, I ALWAYS have a breakout trinket on, regardless of which role I'm playing.

Personally, I won't even use the Utility Belt if I cant use 4 trinkets, the stat difference of a lower item level Utility Belt won't be noticeable, and as long as you have a buff trinket of the proper item level it won't hurt your cr either (which is what our damage revolves around now for some dumb reason).
    • Like x 1
  7. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Unlikely to happen since not all of the vanity pets have attack animations. Since pets can't be attuned to your role, the only thing they could really do that's useful for every role is add a Defense or Health buff. The best we could expect is the 5% health boost of the bot pets, like this year's Brainiac Servo pet.

Given how many people complain about those being useless, I doubt making the SM vanity pets like that is going to be a crowd pleaser. And right now whether you run SM or not makes no difference at all to the rest of the game. People who can't even get into there can never say they're missing out of real items with a play benefit because of it. Open up that complaint and we'll never heard the end of people whining that it's unfair "elitists" who run SM get buffs they don't have access to.
  8. megamanzero Loyal Player

I did. i find more use from the pet than i do from supply drops and orbitals so i stopped paying for the latter and took them out of my belt. now i just carry normal trinkets that don't require bi-monthly maintenance
  9. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Exactly that is exactly what it is all about .
  10. redlustersoldier Well-Known Player

I'm not talking only of survival mode pets, but all pets and trinkets. For example: I like to use junior boo for tanking and this is not useless, it gives you shield and stun nearby enemies.
    spend replay badges almost zero possibility of getting an OP utility belt is ridiculous, there are people who will never be able to get this, no matter how many badges replay invest much because of how rare are those golden items.
  11. redlustersoldier Well-Known Player

maybe for you, but for others it is the most fun part of this game, a chance to make millions of cash and an opportunity to get a pet that looks great.
  12. Delta796th Loyal Player

No not for me, it was always put forth that way. Something that those of us wanted a greater challenge for.
  13. redlustersoldier Well-Known Player

I know, you already mentioned what is the survival mode for you, that does not mean that's the only reason to run it.
  14. Delta796th Loyal Player

No that's what the devs said. Not me
  15. TestReporter Loyal Player

People don't care, and some are lucky and have all the OP items in the game.
  16. redlustersoldier Well-Known Player

luck runs out, and if people complained porq the drop was fairly low desecrated cathedral, imagine if people have to spend 87 RB to restore BN and many don't get anything, will be double as complaints from people
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

On the contrary, they could boost ALL stats by a flat 5% so that all roles are getting equal buffs.

Likewise, as stated in the original post I wrote, they would be available from a variety of sources, including vendor. So SM isn't the only place to get them.
  18. Minnion Devoted Player

Why not just make the pets from SM into sidekick skins that can be unlocked by collecting the sidekick skin unlock token?(Then they appear in our lair dispenser once unlocked which has the same stats and abilities as our sidekick?)
    • Like x 2
  19. DrTyme Well-Known Player

It'd be great if they turned those into skins for your sidekick, that way no actually advantage just a cosmetic difference
  20. DrTyme Well-Known Player

Wish I would've read yours right before I posted the same thing haha