WRESTLING AS A FIGHTING SKILL?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Emerald Vibe, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Thank You!!! people are acting as if it's not possible, it's very possible, i guess many ppl are thinking like Wrestling up close with no range.
  2. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Thank You. people need to think outside the Box.....C'mon ppl.
  3. Zlohsac Committed Player

*sigh* Ok, so lets entertain this wrestling idea for a second. How viable do you think this would be to use for anyone that isn't a tank?
    Remember, this has to make sense through all levels of the game.

Can you see a troller or healer being able to use this in a raid without dying? Generally the support roles aren't getting up close and personal to bosses so they wouldn't be able to use this anyway.

Can a dps use this outside of a solo or duo? Again, in a raid a dps is rarely close enough to grapple something.

My thinking is that if they released this, it would only really make sense for a tank to use it. So why even bother? If only 1 role can really use it safely then it seems kind of pointless.

Unless you're fine alienating the other support roles and most of the time the DPS from being able to use this in raids.
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Well if we are going full on wrestler craziness, Summon chairs to use as a weapon(Which can be thrown)... Ladders... Summoning a giant cage out of thin air to contain the adds... The Mic drop as their taunt/pull.... Maybe give them some "pet" wrestlers that help them fight... Perhaps have a referee pet that acts as a distraction....
  5. Zlohsac Committed Player

That's the point, we're not going "full on wrestler craziness". I'm talking about an actual legit and viable way to use it for all roles that doesn't make it over the top ridiculous.

If you're summoning chairs and ladders, that means that you are able to summon solid objects from your weapon because as you said, it's an extension of the weapon you already have. How does that work? You have dual pistols and are somehow able to summon a chair or ladder from it to throw at somebody? At that point wouldn't it make more sense to just use them as guns as they were intended?

Maybe there's a reason that grappling was going to be introduced with Serums, a tank power. It doesn't make any sense for any other role to use this.
    • Like x 1
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

Ah I misunderstood, I thought you were still looking at it from the perspective of making it into a power-set...

As for how I figured it would work if we are going the weapon tree route, I'd give the wrestling grapples to Brawling and then do something else entirely different for the other weapons...

Now if this was going to be a stand alone power-set I'd probably embrace the madness and have things like summoning chairs to hit people with and trapping enemies in a giant "caged match" keeping new adds from coming into the area and keeping the adds trapped in side from getting away... perhaps throw in some spontaneous pyrotechnics, a pet referee and perhaps a "Tag team" partner to help you fight...
  7. RachelBurns Active Player

Yes, I'd love to solo everything with my HHH legends character and one shot kill ability Married To Boss's Daughter.
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

I don't think Trigon or Brother Blood would take that too well...
  9. RachelBurns Active Player

They're no match for my other one shots Pedigree or Sledgehammer
  10. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Don't listen to most of these unimaginative ppl. There is plenty of superhero that use grappling. Btw where was you when I posted this...https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/a-new-weapon-type.26455
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I can see how some can be put off with Grappling / wrestling in the game :p
    [IMG]

But in all seriousness, any idea of adding something new is welcome. I mean come on, imagine the possibility in a duo with 2 grapplers, you'll be tag teaming every add & boss ;)

[IMG]
  12. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

Oh my Gosh!! That looks Epic! I wish it wasn't postpone I rather had that than Water, looks unique. I bet it would of looked good in combat.
  13. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'll admit I had to look up her name, but the superhero Pantha from the old Teen Titans animated series was pretty much a super-powered lucha-libre wrestler.
  14. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

15. vladspally Well-Known Player

A wrestling thread in its third page and no mention of an RKO or John Cena. I am impressed guys!

[IMG]
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Is this not Festivus? Also, I'm as heterosexual as they come and feel there's nothing wrong with wrestling. Only someone who questions their own sexuality would find such activity abnormal. That said, even though they can't do grapple moves, moves like Sweet Chin Music would work.
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Except the RKO was mentioned in the OP.
    • Like x 1
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Ah, you know not what you speak. Spots aren't called out that way. More accurately it would go like this:

Wrestling Hero: 2 chop duck and counter.

Villain: Uh, what? <shoots ice>

Wrestling Hero: auch!!

(Wrestling hero spits on Spytle and starts destroying everything including monitors then writes "WCW" in the air")
    • Like x 2
  19. Zlohsac Committed Player

Hey maybe they can repackage this game and call it WWE Universe Online and you can have a bunch of people running around wrestling each other in the streets.

That sounds like an awesome game.
  20. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Stumbled into this xD thought this was the right place to put it!