Test Discussion PvP Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Loche, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

Why do you think 90% of the pvp community is rage, hl, and celestial xD
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

oh yeah seeing all of that needs to be adjusted badly.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Good point.
  4. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

probably be better if you post it like this [IMG]
    that way the devs can see it.

There we go, yeah this needs adjusting big time.
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Have people been testing support roles and support against dps?

Also how are fire tanks and Atomic tanks holding up? Are they OP, because fire was pretty OP the last few months, even without power regen.
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Power Regen is no longer apart of pvp. cant really test support roles in 1vs1 so i haven't when i pvp not to many people are using Support roles, maybe someone else has done it.
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I know power regen was removed, just curious if support roles are shining allot more again, because dps don't have power back and high damage anymore. But makes me question fire and atomic tanks, not familiar with atomic tanks but I heard they are a pain, so I'm mainly aiming at fire as it was a pain before this update, I know because I was one :p.

Maybe the introduction of role based gear again down the track will smoothen things out abit more.
  9. lanternknight Committed Player

Reduce the windows and remove immunities while you're at it. If you choose to keep them at least remove them from pve content. It's bad enough dealing with the windows and immunities in pvp, but to have to deal with them in pve sucks.

Also fix dueling. Make it to where you can't move or use powers until the counter reaches zero. Just like how it is in a lair battles.
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Dueling will not be apart of it sorry, and these effect will only be for arena's Not Pve content.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i don't know if support roles are going to be shown more or not could be possible only thing i was told to do is working on the AM and WM and other powers making sure they hit correctly where they are not one shoting people like they are on live now, i am not sure if we are working on support roles for pvp or not.
  12. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Is it possible to leave WM only in support roles.. SIck of just DPS gettin all the benefits, no disrespect.. would actually be awesome if Support roles got support.. The game should ALWAYS encourage all roles to be fun. DPS gets wayyyyy too much attention.. Either that or the rock paper scissors format should come back..

PVP suggestions for support roles

While In Support Role they get the following;

TANKS increased Dom by 10% increase TOUGHNESS by30% in tank role
    HEALERS increased RESTO 30% increase toughness 10%
    TRolls INcreased DOm 15% and TOughness 15%

Leave Wm crits for Support roles only
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Wm Crits is gone for good, as far as support roles go devs didn't say we are working on them.
  14. CosmicIV Well-Known Player

Loche, can you add these new additions to open world? I want it so people will stop one shotting in pve gear.
  15. CosmicIV Well-Known Player

Also, grasping hand -> hand clap damage needs to be adjusted majorly.
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

True but support roles ultimately are supposed to be powerful as well.. seems like only DPS gets all the love..
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

nah, just right now the devs getting us to work on those powers AM and WM and Weapons as far as i know, Support roles will get their time.
  18. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I haven't tested tanking because tanking is pretty useless in arenas as of now. Trolling however is fine. Healing is theoretically better across the board since damage has been significantly reduced. With damage reduced, how high do your heals really need to be?
    Do you not realize that the majority of this update is focused around nerfing DPS? If anything that gives support roles more of an advantage, especially healers.
  19. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

Fire and atomic tanks will rise up as we nerf damage more and more. I highly recommend that they nerf all healing outside of healer role during these changes so that way tanks won't stand out like they used to. if not across the board nerf these two in particular at least:
    1. fire burning determination- (stoke flames can stay the same) but bd considering we'll be using our weapon alot and the fights are longer, too many free heals
    2. atomic proton remedy - 8-10k healing in 12 seconds. I could 2 uses of it in the current fight system on live. After nerf, it'll be 3-4 uses prob if you play right which is like 24-40k extra health, which is killing sum1 2-3 times in 1 pvp fight.
    • Like x 2
  20. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Note : Just because there is no advanced mechanic doesn't mean you can't regain power. Looks like a lot of you forgot that weapon attacks regenerate power. Support roles can still use weapon masteries such as brawling into shuriken storm in pvp to quickly regen power.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.