Thinking about coming back to the game after long break.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaguars0408, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Jaguars0408 Level 30

Thinking about coming back to the game after taking a extended break.
    Just had a few questions first

Are the USPS servers still fairly active?
    Anything new in regards to powers? Quantum still OP? Lol
    Did they finally ever release 7 expert plans?

Anything else I should know prior to my return?

Thanks!
    Jaguars0408
  2. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  3. Zlohsac Committed Player

I think the better question is, why did you leave in the first place? That might help with you deciding to come back or not.
    • Like x 1
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

What if he left because he found out an alien invasion was about to happen and took a couple of months in order to effectively fight the invaders while keeping it hidden from the general population to avoid panic and now, after finally defeating the oversized and overpowered alien overlord he is thinking about coming back to DCUO? It happens more frequently than you know!
    • Like x 2
  5. Zlohsac Committed Player

You know, I had a feeling that's why he left. It's a completely normal and common thing that happens to most DCUO players that leave and contemplate coming back.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jaguars0408 Level 30

Thank you
    • Like x 1
  7. Jaguars0408 Level 30

And I left because I was getting bored, and wanted to wait several months before I came back so that there would be lots of new content to run.
  8. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

._. WAIT...SO...YOU MEAN THE ALIEN OVERLORD STILL LIVES??? :eek:
  9. vladspally Well-Known Player

only got back 5 days andand bought all new dlcs/episodes (15 - 18). Decided to try one of the DUOS which I was eligible to queue for. Got paired with a 140 something CR dps. 119 Dps/118 healer I was at the time. At the entrance this bloke decided to stand there, while jumping / moving around without actually moving forward to start the DUO. I politely asked if we were going "to do this" to which he responded "You mean am **********I********* going to do this". He then proceeded to take his time going through the DUO.. while /sleeping periodically along the way to the final boss.. wasting a lot of time. I was patient, didn't say anything after that.. just let him be. I figured hey as long as I get to see how the full Instance/DUO is, then fine by me. I can tolerate his attitude. We get to the last boss and he proceeds to get himself killed, I pick him up and he refuses to revive him... The last boss eventually kicks my *** and I go and repair. He proceeded to go back to the entrance and /sleep again for a considerable period while I waited. After sometime he got back to the final room - same story and he goes back to the entrance after wiping and /sleep again. I eventually said to myself.. "I can do something more productive in game, lemme bounce".

Now I get that he was a very high CR for the instance and he would / did way more damage to get us through to complete the DUO. I just dont know why it seemed wrong that a low CR player ( but very much eligible for the duo ) was supposed to queue for the DUO. Just getting back into the game, and wanted to see / checkout the new areas. And all the while from the get go, I never once was impolite to him / he died I picked him up and just wanted to do the duo and go about my business after this.

I guess the bellends didn't leave. They are still out there being dicks in full force. But ah well.. life goes on. Will play on today, and hopefully meet some new good people :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Zlohsac Committed Player

Idk man. It depends on how much you played before you left. If you're a play everyday for multiple hours kind of person, you're gonna burn through the newer content in a week or two.
  11. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

There's a lot of this going on lately, especially since CR is king now, so having one of the top powers and enough replays will turn your atoms into gold (or that's what some players seem to think).

The other day i ran a duo with some guy around 4 CRs above, i have munitions which takes 4 seconds before it can start to do real damage, so naturally by then most small adds were dead, we hit a boss and the player dies...fast, unable to comprehend a mechanic that was damaging him and all he had to do was take 2 steps to one side, but that proved too much of a challenge, i kill the boss and he goes all like "are you happy with me doing everything?", you know, his ego apparently all damaged or something,...

so i couldn't let the chance go and casually asked him to "try to stay alive plz" (lol :D ), apparently he missread and probably understood something along the lines of "I will offend you and your family and the shaolin temple" because the rest of the duo he just kept doing random stops every like 10 steps and not fighting the bosses (except by willingly giving them immunities) while he kept dishing and insulting me and my noobness, the fact that i never died or struggled kind of boiled him because he had to switch to CAPS at some point, once we finished i still said thanks for the run and /bow because i always do, which in his culture must mean something else because he told me to F me and my league and the stormed outside of the instance :D

So yeah, those kind of guys you will run into a lot, but regardless, there have been some improvements to the game so don't lose hope, it's just a matter of noticing who is who and before you know it, this kind of situations will become a rare ocurrence.
    • Like x 2
  12. TestReporter Loyal Player

Yes, and it'll be more active with crossplay
    All powers are getting nerfed/buffed, this time it's just going great, i think when everything is done we'll finally see the balance!
    No
    Yes, people on forums are toxic, don't trust us.
  13. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

That color tho