End Game content: The Unappealing Rat Race

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Magician Dedicated Player

I have several characters, some around the CR 144 range. However, I ask myself, what's the point in running/re-running content when every 2-3 weeks new gear is coming out?

You dont have to be the best geared to run the content in most cases, just "competent" to know your role.

Here's a different viewpoint: Instead of trying to finish the rat race that won't ever end since we are getting new content so fast anymore, why not slow down the pace and work on some alts again.

I feel a lot of the older content is being lost due to the drive for higher gear. It's counter productive and makes me want to do something else really.

So, there's my penny in the tip jar. Take it for what it is.

I am more driven to play my lower alts than high end content since it changes so often.
    • Like x 21
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

[IMG]

I would think that's common sense. End game content is constantly changing. Why would low end content be constantly changing ?

It's been so long since I've seen a positive topic by you, I wonder why you even still play.

EDIT: Where's that forum guy that always rates topics ?
    • Like x 1
  3. Magician Dedicated Player

Dusty, it's cause I'm passionate about this game that I still play of course! I like it for what it is, and try to provide feedback to make it better.

I didn't say "the game sucked" because of this, I just see it from a different perspective.

BTW, I did write a positive post earlier today on my Thankful thread in the Joker's Funhouse. You should check it out!
    • Like x 4
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

The game needs allot of tweaks in different areas it's a pile of papers getting bigger.

One thing to slow down this rat race is to remove or redo the bad luck timer in content. Being loot locked from BD trying to get my last 2 rare pieces then I go and do DC and an outdated rare drop resets my timer for BD, it's stupid.
    • Like x 2
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

You're saying new content every month is bad ? I think ? Like what the frick is the point of your post ?
  6. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Technically its not like you have any positive posts lately either. All i see is your name on last like 10 forum posts, almost all of them attempts at trolling. Maybe its time to step away from the forums...watch a movie or something lol.
    • Like x 11
  7. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Been watching Netflix all night. Thanks for playing doll. You win a plush banana. :)

All of your recent posts are sexist, and the topic got shut down. But yea, I'm trolling :rolleyes:

If you're married I pray for your wife lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

I already forget the topic of discussion here. I give this thread a 0.

Edit: we never did know what the scale was for that guy. I'm pretty sure he didn't rate anything past a four. Now, if his scale was from 0 to 10, he didn't like much of anything. But, if it was more of a five star max, he was rather happy :p
    • Like x 1
  9. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

That sig tho
    • Like x 1
  10. Pr0tojay Committed Player

You have me confused with the other guy in the thread. I was the one supporting Ronda over a man.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

It's because this game is being sustained by one thing it seems... Replay Badges.

They need to start creating a carrot that isn't "monthly new gear spam" - it's just ridiculous, I've been playing this game over 4 years and even I'm losing the passion to even bother.

This game isn't suffering because of the community at all it's suffering quite frankly because of the gear spam it's become. It's just become ridiculous.
    • Like x 16
  12. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Yet people try to sugar coat this, deny it, act as RB's don't exist and say "Well I dont use them", developers won't admit to this and avoid the Replay Badge nature of the game when they know very damn well what this game has become.

The fact is whats happening now....

- Content is now monthly, best drops from one map monthly. Causing the majority to grind that one map all month Replaying for another lucky drop on that one map.

- Elite Lock outs granting elite gear. Needing Replays.

- Content is cutoff by CR Relevancy limiting what you can play for Marks once you reach a Peak CR. Once you play all content in that limited relevant CR range your only choice is to Replay relevant content to earn more.

- Gear drops the first two weeks of DLC release was 5% raised to 40% later. Causing people to excessively Replay content with horrible drops striving for a better gear.

.....Intentional or not. Replay Badges are the Forefront of this game; definitely in end game playability. R&D System is designed around a 6 week grind confirmed by Mepps. .....6 Weeks new content will be out; an to mention the Crafting cost Marks itself.

This game very much so has revolved itself around Badges. It's not what it used to be.
    • Like x 17
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

For me I use toons lower in c4 because it feels like u can progress vs endd game where it is hope I get a drop. Either nope or did not need that or my favorite oh wow a 5th of an item. Then the rest of the week its run a duo and collect scraps so in 6 weeks or so u can create a peice which probably will be then awarded in a drop to u.

Allts when u run there is clear progression and many oppertunities to progress ur character. The other side of it is u can always sneak into content u are border line on giving u the challange end games missing. Ok end game is tuff I mean good luck finding 8 players who understand the basics. Other then that nah

Still even though this holds me over awhile well it quickly fades as I see my main unabble to maintain max cr and max rewards. All to sell replays not create a fun experience
    • Like x 4
  14. lukelucky Devoted Player

New content monthly is great but that id bet is not what he is saying. Content is no rat race but constant revolving gear is. How many people maintain 8 affinity mods without paying extra? Its ridiculously hard to luck into 8 and even harder to maintain 8.

Save the load we dont need it horse puckey. Best gear in vendors illustrated a ton of ways this hurts the game vs betters it. Someone felt a replay spending frenzy 8 of the 12 months was a great idea and on papper it probably looks great. Whats not considered or cared about is the overwhelming negatives and how bad it treats customers. We lost a perk of legemdary. No early access on BD elite. U want to enjoy it early as legendary has always alloeed u to well open ur wallet. Good news in 12 weeks gears trash so spend away or go without.

B4 u blink its back to step one and after 2 months in people are already getting restless. Its an awful system and plus 3 cr........ would u not think when t5 and t6 provided stat gains so quick we would learn slow was the way to go? Gu47 is directly a result of this system
    • Like x 2
  15. L T Devoted Player

I don't like your post. It actually makes me sad. But I "liked" it, because I find I can't deny or even argue any of the points you made.

You may be right, but I don't have to like it.
    • Like x 3
  16. L T Devoted Player

Wait Wait! I got something!
    The new content that's been coming out *IS* pretty good. And the Atomic Power set is a blast to play.

I know I know... you're still right.
    • Like x 1
  17. Magician Dedicated Player

Right! New content, always a blessing! I can't get enough of it, even when it's a rehash of existing maps. It's the race for the highest CR based on luck and replays to be TOP tier is what I'm talking about.

I've personally stepped back for the most part and working on my lower alts because I'm tired of the rat race, which is a nice thing to do in an MMO. New content is fabulous. Feeling like you have to replay to keep up based on luck seems unbalanced.

I feel that as a community, we push this agenda too often. We always want CR 140+ in LFG or "competent" players for BD(n) or whatever.
    • Like x 5
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Can't someone just have an opinion in this day and age without having 10 other people jump down their throat for it? Jeez, this is why I quit the forums for a whole year.
    • Like x 6
  19. Msstat1c Committed Player

what brought you back? Things obviously haven't changed much. Negative Nancy's are still abound.
    • Like x 1
  20. Veritasum Loyal Player

There's nothing really that says one must keep up with the end game race or that you need to participate at any particular level. IMO, whatever you enjoy from the game at that moment, you should do. It's a big game with lots of options. I know many only see the 1 or 2 instances at the end, but that is simply not the only thing the game has to offer. Enjoy the game how you want and eventually you'll jump back on the end game horse.
    • Like x 5