Launcher Error

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by TheGreenLightz, Sep 28, 2015.

1. TheGreenLightz New Player

i've downloaded the game then when i open the launcher it does download for a bit then i get this massage
    ERROR
    The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

any help ?
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Start the Launchpad with admin rights and allow it in your security software. You might have to disable it during the download and installation.
  3. TheGreenLightz New Player

how to i allow it in my security software ?
  4. TheGreenLightz New Player

any one any help please ?
  5. BlackBox Level 30

EXACT SAME PROBLEM
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

7. TheGreenLightz New Player

Dude i fixed it it wasn't about my anti virus and it wasn't about my fire wall i got no idea what it was about
    i wont force you to it but this is how i fixed my dcuo
    i fixed it by downloading win 10 (you can only upgrade to win 10 if you're using win 7/win 8.1)
    BTW its free
    How to Video
  8. BlackBox Level 30

Thanks For Lettiug me know but windows 10? I dont know, This happens to me when i switch servers yesterday from USPC to EUPC i had to rerty a couple of times then the game worked but my friends wont be on for some while so i went and switched back to USPC hoping for it to work but to no luck it happened again
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Sounds like some files or assets broke. The Launchpad has a cache. Delete it and it could maybe solve that problem.

Did you already do "Vallidate Game Assets"?
  10. BlackBox Level 30

Yes I Did Validate game Assets But Nothing Changes Ill write down more details and which cache are you talking about?
  11. BlackBox Level 30

Updated File List

Creating UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_FRA.BIN
    Creating UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_DEU_FULL.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_FRA.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_DEU_FULL.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_ITA.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_ITA.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_DEU_FULL.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_FRA.BIN
    *Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.
    Checking game installation...
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Yes, those are the files that are changed everytime the server is changed. Something is preventing that these are updated. The most common causes: Security software, malware, adware....
  13. Victory122 Level 30

I've had the same problem and solved it by updating my drivers. Try it. Maybe it'll help.
  14. DefconDelta New Player

im having the same problem. what drivers did you update?
  15. DefconDelta New Player

Updated File List

Checking game installation...
    Found 15,282 file(s) to update.
    Creating UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/FMODBIN/VO_EN_US/AUDVOICO119_BANK00.FSB
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/FMODBIN/VO_EN_US/AUDVOICO119_BANK00.FSB
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/FMODBIN/VO_EN_US/AUDVOICO119_BANK00.FSB
    *Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

Please any help would be most appreciated.
  16. HarleyQueen Well-Known Player

Or verify all the files inside launcher?
  17. XR0BINX3 New Player