Top 3 good that had gone bad.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Antwoman, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Radium Devoted Player

1. Replay Badges
    2. I got nothing else, I've been fine with almost everything.
    3. See 2.
    • Like x 2
  2. not_again Dedicated Player

1. Replay Badges
    2. Replay Badges
    3. Replay Badges
    • Like x 3
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

1 stats Clamping.
    2 Change Encircling Trow.
    3 Remove the relevance of skill points.
    • Like x 2
  4. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

1) Monthly content
    2) GU47
    3) PVP
  5. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Idk, I like the game. I don't like munitions, but that doesn't bother me.
  6. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Oh, yeah, this.
  7. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

1. Development 2014 and up

- Monthly Content is worthless once your pass Relevant CR. Pass Content wont give you Marks eventually after leveling threw tiers. Causing less of a need or want of running anything but new content.

2. DayBreak

- Noticing every since under them the game is becoming monetized / consolidated around limited progression unless more funds spent in end-game.

3. CR Flattering

- Overshadowing Skill Points & Mods; 2 or 3 CR give or take. Is more important then 10 - 20 Skill Points. I honestly dont see how people can grind feats with such a passion only to get such a little reward.
    • Like x 2
  8. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

1. - pvp
    2. - making base items (the ones for feats) / base amenities / auras available in the marketplace
    3. - nerfing content
    4. - pvp
  9. SnowStar Committed Player

1) PVP
    2) open world PVP
    3) arenas PVP

I did kind of like being able to go into Dox on a Saturday night with a PUG group through the queue and help them out and get lots of those oldie old marks, the MOTs. But I have mostly forgotten about those days.

I still run a lot of legends. I am not the best at PVP but still really enjoy parts of it. I really miss open world PVP.

4) did I mention PVP?
  10. RachelBurns Active Player

1 Setting a minimum CR rating for alerts/raids where those at that CR will be knocked out within a minute at best

Either make it so a minimum CR group could do it or raise the minimum CR

2 Getting rid of contradictory mechanics. For example, the League Security Breach alert. The object you need to kill a boss also heals them. Does Not Compute.

3 Constant spamming of stun/knockdown. This happens at least every other attack. It's one thing to have it in alerts/raids, another in solos.
    • Like x 2
  11. SnowStar Committed Player

it's just that none of the newer players have any idea that there ever was a pvp
  12. Fission Active Player

1. Monthly content.
    2. Reply badges.
    3. Gear grind / character customisation.

Although none of them were actually good to start with, but they at least kinda held some promise ...at some point.
    • Like x 1
  13. megamanzero Loyal Player

1. combat
    2. dlc
    3. community
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Genuinely surprised nobody has said The Marketplace.

1st place goes to The Marketplace. The Marketplace is DCUO's biggest failure. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really understand the game at all. It's taken them 4 years to pull their fingers out and start adding new vanity products and despite adding some cool products, some of them have been priced appallingly and instantly became undesirable for many players. Savable, but I imagine our audience is much, much smaller now, which means it could be too little, too late. None the less, keep up the good work that's been done in recent months.

2nd place goes to the loot system. Something which started out so easy to understand and was presented elegantly, butchered into a lottery for years and it's taken so long and so much effort to find an alternate route to the (second) best gear. By far, the most unwarranted change in DCUO. I can't imagine how much more successful the game would have been if they hadn't pissed so many people off over the years with RNG gear distribution.

3rd place, I don't really care about PVP, but I'd say PVP. It's untouchable, now, for your average player. PVP has devolved into who's exploiting the most efficiently. Months and months of continuous buffs to powers without touching the PVP gear's stats have made it toxic and unapproachable. Even Legends seems to be going that way, which is a shame because I believe there's a lot of money to be made in competitive leaderboard driven Legends PVP.
    • Like x 2
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

1.Cutting off the supply of new players from entering PvP phase from character creation.(Thus ensuring the death of PvP phase since everyone was heading into PvE combined with the lingering problem of the game still not doing enough to explain the function of the phase shifter.)
    2.Replay badges(or more accurately designing the loot system around maximizing replay sales, while completly neglecting most other forms of revenue except perhaps Legendary.... On the upside they did at least provide an out for those with bad luck with the RNG in the form of crafting.)
    3.Weapon Mastery, while not bad on paper could have been implemented better... (For instance maybe letting us keep the old charged attacks if we didn't invest into WM. I know it's a little thing, but I kind of miss the old "Chargin mah attack" pose that one used to be able to do with hand-blasters and one handed... You could stand there forever charging up an energy blast...) Maybe in the future we could get some variation of WM finishers that would bring back the feel of some of the old pre-WM charged weapon attacks?
  16. Katniss 13 New Player

1. Players (not all but majority are whiners)
    2. Devs (giving in to every spoiled whiny player there is)
    3. Forums (where all whiny players go)
    • Like x 1
  17. SnowStar Committed Player

oh wow the "mepps could be our pvp saviour" thread was deleted. I bookmarked it for some future reference
  18. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

There's really just ONE problem, all other are coming from this:

1. progression focused on gearing up

That was good in the beginning, because the game got a simple approach and devs didn't need to waste time on a content-wise progression system, so more time for the initial content package at hand (which is a lil less than that what is no the F2P part of the game). Once however DLCs started to move the endgame up - unlike DLCs like "Fight for the Light" which just added additional content at an already existing tier range - and thus, gear moved up, balance problems, facerolling older content etc. followed - and many of the solutions applied - relevant content ;) - made it even worse for some players. Open-end gear up approaches always have created and always will create that kind of problems.
    • Like x 2
  19. minuteofdecay Committed Player

[quote="TechWarrior0329, post: 3479718, member: 1410

As example.... A healer enters a raid and does absolutely nothing but cast heal after heal from start to finish.... Yeah those healing stats at the end will most likely look amazing BUT how much of that so called healing was taking place when absolutely no one on the team needed a heal? You have seen it same as I have.. the entire team is a 100% health and the healer is firing off heals left and right.. At that point he isn't doing his team a bit of good and he's draining his power so it puts more of a burden on the troll trying to keep the team in power.[/quote]

Plz don't ever complain about a healer, you have no idea what ur talking about.
  20. hudapak Well-Known Player

I have to agree with you especially on number 2. Personally, I felt like ever since Daybreak acquired DCUO, everything just went downhill really fast.
    • Like x 1