the bad luck limiter is not working

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

there needs to be a limiter on how many times you get the same thing ,i have got so many sets of the same 123 hands i lost count getting the same item every time is just as bad as getting nothing every time. its great that we get a guaranteed drop every 4 raids but it does no good when you keep getting the same thing over and over

PLEASE FIX THIS

maybe make it so you can't get the same item more than 2 times out of 20 drops so we can get something different and not keep getting the same thing over and over
  2. Agnetta Dedicated Player

I think that's what the R&D gear crafting is for.
  3. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Not working as intended.

Enjoy that Vendor Gear. I'm getting little luck and Dupes also. I give up on this loot system. Sticking to vendor best or not.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I see no issue with this. It's rng it's always been a part if dc
    • Like x 1
  5. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Unfortunately I doubt thwy will do anythin about it. I ran BD yesterday and the day before and from yesterday's loot I got the chest piece 130 from all 3 bosses. And the day before I got 2 belts and last boss gave me chest piece so technically while to some might be good, but wtf do i need 4 chest pieces for. The way they did this new rnd it seems they want us to focus on grinding more and gettin what we need through the new plans. I know it might sound ridiculous but I think it's some sort of conspiracy here lol.
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I'm thinking the same thing , I ran bd 3 times , did not get a single purple drop ? Only green , so I kept picking green thinking I'll get purple at the end . Still not a single purple dropped
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

way to support a broken system,no wonder stuff like this never gets fixed
    • Like x 5
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Sadly there's nothing to fix. It was designed this way. It was never intended to limit the type of drops you get. The rare drops you get in content, regardless of whether or not you need it, are considered good drops in the eyes of the developers.

Best thing to do is to just focus on the new R&D system, instead. Work towards building your gear on that, because by doing so, you're going to be running content which drops the gear you're trying to build, anyway and therefore if you get anything you need, it's one less piece that you don't have to build.

That's how I'm coping with it at the minute, because I've lost all faith that any further improvements will be made to progression, ever again.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It's not broken. Every drop you mention is a good drop. Just because you get duplicates doesmy mean anything
    • Like x 1
  10. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

ESO had no look locks.. so if you wanted to complain about the drop rate in that game you have no complaint.. in this game a paying member has every right to complain about the loot system.. its a rip off
    • Like x 5
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Are you getting loot for your level? Then it is working
    Are you getting only the loot you want? There isn't a game ever created that does that
  12. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Ikr smh
    • Like x 1
  13. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

i agree but there comes a point of playing a top tier raid and only getting green drops that boggles me.. if there were no loot locks and you had a 1/72 chance to get a "rare" drop and had to run the raid 15-30 times before you saw one it would be fine..it would also give the players more insentive to keep playing the raid.. but paying for loot locks to be lifted after you pay a sub for these RNG drops is crazy
    • Like x 3
  14. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i can see getting the same item 2 even 3 times but when you get the same thing 10 times there is something wrong.i don't expect to get something i want every drop in fact most of the time i get nothing but 112 but when i'm getting 10 sets of the same hands there is a problem
    • Like x 1
  15. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

at this point you might as well jus be able to skip the middleman go straight to the source and buy the gear off the marketplace.. you would still need to run the content for feats.. but seeing as how skill points are useless these days why bother... (i would still grind the feats)
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Isn't this what the new R&D system is for? Get a drop you don't want or need? Use the R&D to turn it into what you do want and need
  17. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Does anyone EVER take the TIME to REALIZE that on the FIRST MONTH of these CYCLES WE only have 4 PIECES to get a hold of.

BOTTOM LINE: THEN FACTOR in the FACT of how many people are RUNNING that content and REPLAYS and such as well. RANDOM is RANDOM and will always be RANDOM.

It's like a LOTTERY in the FACT that YOU could buy 1 ticket or 100 tickets DOESN'T mean YOU will WIN on any of those tickets. YOU could win some , lose some , not even come close , or WIN on ALL. That is RANDOM.

Now with the DEVS introducing the NEW R&D SYSTEM EVERY drop is worth SOMETHING even if it is the MATERIALS needed to CREATE the piece YOU are after. So IMHO EVERYTHING IS WORKING AS INTENDED. NO CHANGES NEEDED.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You are forgetting something very important: people want to believe that RNG stands for "Really Neat Gear" and that it is supposed to only give them the gear they are looking for
    • Like x 2
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

No way the 1st two years u dod not get hold me over drops or ninja looted so what you got marks and then was closer to "the best gear available with all the perks" now its some are haves and some are have nots.

RnD fixes nothing. If I need 3 peices its 18 weeks. Gear is relevaant how long? Oh oddmhow the peice u just bought generally drops so if u need say the legs and chest, craft the chest and it drops the next run u are double screwed. Attune it to ur off role is no good ether because ur main has all the other elite gear meaning the affinity bonus u can have now becomes useless or what u crafted becomes useless

Luck was added as replay bait 2 years in and has stayed despite the damage done
    • Like x 1
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

Reallymwierd I disagree with you because after falling in love with being fully geared in the best game ever and facing new intriging challanges I was in love. The game was dcuo every single teir I had the best gear right up till they decided to not use gold items but something we all desire and everyone will want. Not some everyone. Suddenly I never again was fully geared. Super weird.

So no game ever doesmthats ur claim yet dcuo provided us the best gear. Heck central city was stage one of perks to gear in weapons go on over read the weapon in the vendor. Obtainable perks vs dumb luck and replay bait.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.