Should Iconic powers have AM's?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheArmorsmith, Nov 6, 2015.

1. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I was thinking of revamps for iconic's as well as adding more to them. But with that in mind should Iconic Powers have AM abilities in the future?
    • Like x 3
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

IDK, but Movement Modes should.

Then players can make a true Speedster, etc.
    • Like x 4
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

^This and reinstate debuffs into Movement Modes
  4. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Yes, they should, as should movement modes. You should be able to make a viable iconic or movement mode load out that can compete with other AMs.
  5. Konialis Well-Known Player

For exclusive movement mode am thread see this here
  6. majosea Dedicated Player

nope, but would like more power sets base on Iconics like Amazons and Kryptonians
  7. Delta795 New Player

No movement mode debufs. If you want to have that run a controller
    • Like x 2
  8. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I've been talking about this for some time!
    The iconic powers should have their AM Version!
    After all there are many of them that I like to use in my rotation or even a series of them!
    But as they are outdated in relation to the normal powers, and can not be used in conjunction with the AM of powers, they end up forgotten and unused!
    Out that new ones should be placed!
    As the powers of Bizarro, for example!
    Others who also have to take the same care are the powers of the movements!
    Many would be very useful if they had improved and his AM Version!

Another thing I like is that some movements of weapons of some legendary characters were available! They could be enabled through skill points!
    I refer to the optical ray Superman instead of strong punch, the same with the powergirl,

Or even the whip of catwoman, etc.
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Iconic powers should have adaptable AMs that sync with your individual powers AM...yes...else it would be foolish to use them.There is no other solution...
  10. Pults Loyal Player

Iconic power AM
    Either an AM or damage boost and some powers should go. Majority of them are useless and some legends characters have pretty awesome powers, would be great if we had em, some like the breakouts, more shields (amazon ones look amazing), yellow lantern, blue lantern, red lantern, green lantern constructs - at least one from each. Or constructs that work as robot sidekick.
    I wouldnt even mind to paying to replace the current iconic powers with new sets.
    • Like x 3
  11. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

12. VariableFire Loyal Player

They need to do something. Ran into someone using an Iconic build doing a T4 duo. The pathetic damage output he did made me want to cry.
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Even using WM the damage is still horrible!:confused:
  14. VariableFire Loyal Player

WM is just barely above using plain power interactions these days. Supposedly most of the damage comes from the might crit at the end...if you have any power to use it. Meanwhile, the weapon combos...I swear to God that the middle parts of the WM combos do more damage than the end.
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yes to both movement and iconic AMs...this would be awesome and accessible to everyone
  16. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I fully agree! Just used as an example to show that there is the least option to be able to use today!
    I even made a short time a version air power! Using the powers of flight movement and some of Earth! More wm. Was terrible....
    The loadout itself was very fun! But the damage ...:confused:
  17. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I would have preferred a different setup to the ol system of play. To start out with, this would have circumvented dual weapon mastery and AMs. Instead, you'd have single weapon mastery, where the charge bar for a WM crit boost would appear on every combo, and if you chose to activate a power when the bar was at 100%, it'd initiate the WM crit boost, while for support role abilities it'd result in decreased power cost. No power would be exempt from the WM boost. Dots would be empowered, channeled abilities as well, even supercharges. It would have been a very simple push for players to acquire SP, while also working to prevent some clipping by enticing players to complete combos for the WM boost. Players would spend 1 SP on each of the weapon's combos to unlock the boost option for that combo. it would cost far less to acquire WM for weapons, and players would thus be able to spec into multiple weapons and masteries for varied combos.

Given that you can unlock your AM before hitting level 30, lesser powers become obsolete, faster. With the addition of the max damage mod, this would have allowed every power, including movement abilities, to factor into play again, allowing for the most diversity in build options without limiting combat in the ways that dual weapon mastery and now AMs have.

Now that we have AMs, individual powers in our trees are still useless if they don't factor into the AM's damage, especially when content is designed to consider AM level damage all the time. The next best thing to add some diversity to the mix would be to create an AM for the movement abilities, as well as one for iconic abilities, or even one generic aura ability in the iconic tree that factors in increased damage with the movement and iconic abilities, AOE damage potential, and power regen. (I'd prefer if this aura was named after the exobytes themselves, possibly sharing the same 3 color glow that bits in open world have) You'd be able to initiate the AM with just the aura and one iconic or movement ability, so long as the refire rate of the particular power allowed you to use the power again to refresh the aura before it expires. Not opposed to it also having a 3x ramp up time before increased damage kicked in, though power regen would start with the aura. Some of the iconic abilities that are supercharges could probably be better suited as being turned into basic powers with some different effects. Word of Power would just be voltaic bolt, otherwise. Having other iconic powers added to the game would be great as well, especially if it simply means using existing assets. Wouldn't be opposed to seeing more iconic powers added as DLC, too.