Why you leave?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by areacode8O8, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Veritasum Loyal Player

These stories are foreign to me.
    Duos are my favorite type of content and so I run them daily and most days on 2-3 toons. The type of stories the op mentions seem to come up in threads all the time, but I personally rarely have anything like that happen to me in duos.
    It's kind of crazy how different people just have vastly different experiences running the same content.
  2. areacode8O8 Committed Player

These 3 players all had 200+ sp cr143-144 and if they wanted to be carried, me clearing out the first set of ads with one rotation before they can even start theirs is a good sign.

Hate support roles that done do their job! Worse is when it's in a duo
    • Like x 1
  3. areacode8O8 Committed Player

There is a way to access chat when your UI disappears. I've done it before but i don't remember the steps I took.
  4. ssvillae New Player

From the way you sound on your post op they probably left coz you're prolly the type of player that'll pew pew everything as fast as you could and they might wanna do feats and collect briefings
  5. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I usually get a bit peeved when i queue a duo and as soon as the loading screen goes the other player bolts ahead and starts shredding stuff like some crazed attack dog. I dont really mind falling behind in the score, in fact when im teamed with ice people i try to old back so as to not freeze the enemies and screw their damage, if the CR is low i split the adds and let them kill theirs, but if you queue with some player it is polite to at last say "hi".

Even more if they want to try a feat they get the chance to say it, while i don't leave when they bolt like crazy people, its still a peeve and i know people that leave because of this, respect will take you a long way afterall and you must always remember that the other person chasing after you is also a player trying to...well...play.
  6. Ichiro Loyal Player

There are a lot of quitters in this game. I have seen people walk out on duos, alerts, raids, lpve, and PVP right after entering. In the new raid alone each time I queued several people leave right away. My favorite is when they walk out the portal but are still in the group. Lets us talk trash about them while they can still hear before the figure out how to leave the group properly.

I always just assume they were too weak and under skilled for the instance and go about my day.
  7. areacode8O8 Committed Player

nah.. Im fist pumping as soon as I enter so they actually get running head start. I do leap A lot though...

I thought it could be that feat where you have to fight flash, arrow, etc in different orders. But it's still rude to just leave me to solo flash and not respond at all.
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Game Update 48
  9. Agnetta Dedicated Player

You actually can. When your UI disappears, hold the options button and go to settings, then just press enter on your keyboard and you can type. Might not even have to be settings. Journal, on-duty etc might work too.
  10. Owl Devoted Player

I don't have a keyboard hooked up to my PS4.
    I suspect that many PSN users do not not use keyboards with their PS3s or PS4s.

When my UI disappears, I exit the game.
    Maybe some can deal with playing the game with no UI but I can not.
    There are probably others that also exit the game when the UI disappears.
    • Like x 1
  11. Agnetta Dedicated Player

The pad button might work (after going to settings).
  12. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I don't leave unless it is unintentional...power outage/net outage or the such. If you are a lower CR, I may have to do all the work, but one way or another we are getting through the Duo.

I usually TRY to ask when we first get in (if they have not already just bolted and started) if they need to get any feat, or if I am trying to get any. It is a DUO, so it is supposed to require a certain amount of teamwork.
    • Like x 1
  13. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I'll give the new duos a shot, if I end up with a low CR buddy. However, if it goes south quickly, I bounce. The last time I left, we wiped at the second boss. I checked the score board and I had 1.1 million and the other guy (who was a CR 131 DPS) had 100K. He typed "buy drinks" in chat. I typed "I'm leaving, your dmg is abysmal" and left.
    • Like x 1
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Also you thought you formed a group with a league mate but you end in the duo with a random...Opps...

I do this regularly...For some reason 50% of the time it does not register that we just formed a group as I qued up the the instance. I even wait until the group is formed. Happened today for me and Syn. Kinda annoying if you ask me.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you, but can vaguely remember another thread after that, saying something about preventing another player from playing is bad (or something), and /ignore will stop you from joining their queue but won't stop them from joining yours

Like said, can't remember it fully, when or which Green said it
  16. Zero Point New Player

If you are talking about the new Duo I think some are leaving because of a feat. I've had it happen several times. I believe its because of a feat. There is a feat for beating the duo with every possible sequence of boss. Once you defeat the first adds the sequence is determined. If they don't get the first boss they are looking for they leave.

It seems that depending on which add you defeat at the beginning you can determine which boss is first. There is an add on the left, one in the center one on the right. As far as villains are concerned (may be heroes too). The left add starts with Heatwave. Center - Grodd. Right-Deathstroke.
    • Like x 1
  17. Pink Revenge Committed Player

duos seem FULL of players who do not want to work for... a while.
  18. Leafy Committed Player

only time i leave is if you aren't pulling your own weight , not in damage per say , but more like in cz if there is a crystal next to you and you aren't hitting or even attempting to I'm going to go ahead and leave , I dont care for cr we can try our best and get through the content.
    • Like x 1
  19. Miss Adora Loyal Player

don't know why, I had a couple leave when they found out they try to run a marathon at 113 in flash museum. They found o they can't survive long enough to do anything. Had one earth player leave because crystal is bug and doesn't harm CC. The first day I ran the new duo, had a player leave of the bat as soon as we entered. Their cr is 140 and mine was 139, maybe they thought they needed someone higher. The ironic thing is, this duo is easier then the flash museum duo.
  20. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Maybe it's because the cross faction pve and the are trying to make a point.
    Trying to see if the dev's to remover it.
    There are people who didn't want it.

Don't look at me I wanted it.