Soda Cola Infinite Working For Both PVE And PVP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BigBadDogIV, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Oriole New Player

if they do this then that would lead to less crafting and last time i checked people want more crafting. Its fine as is this would be a an unnecessary change they need to worry about other things besides making it too easy for players to not craft sodas.
  2. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

At least it may step DCUO in a direction of acquiring a distinct identity.

DCUO may benefit from sticking with its action elements. In general, the maintenance done DCUO in seems to be only formality. It may take a large revamp to make the maintenance part of DCUO important again.
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Keeping an extra soder stacks in your inventory is nothing but waste of space, Want crafting? Craft some nutri/nitro/vitamin... whatever consumable you want, but extra Extremes are a waste of space, make it Infinite.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

You can't be serious.

So one of the challenges you face in this game is purchasing sodas?
    • Like x 2
  5. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

When has the maintenance been challenging for ANYONE besides free to play players with limited space, even they can just walk to the start of the instance and buy at an on need basis.

What is going on with this forum and these ideas lately?
  6. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Theres no reason to craft sodas outside of the stat boosts AS IS and if you can complete them with, you can complete them without the sodas.

It's an idea but the only good reason not to is roster management for free to play players.

No argument a player can make will make any sense against this idea, solely developers who have something to gain from more roster slots.

I could care less but come on guys, you are using some straw man and borderline embarrassing things to defend not having it.

(THIS would be what makes the game easy?)
    • Like x 4
  7. Oriole New Player

Yes I believe so the less things you have to do the easier it will become. either way i don't care enough about the sodas and this should be placed on the back burner for now sine they have bigger fish to try to catch before they start frying...I believe thats how you (assuming you are) Americans put it....oui?
  8. dresserball Dedicated Player

No I don't have a challenge buying sodas. I just go to the vendor in my base and purchase a few stacks. I simply think this is a bad idea because they are continuously making this game less difficult. Part of getting raids together is making sure you have all your stuff together from the get go.
  9. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Its not challenging (perhaps annoying) and I did not post anything about the difficulty level for maintaining a character. I did not mention its level of challenge because its not pertinent to my point. Whether it is easy or hard to full-fill, it does not seem offer much to the player.
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I really do wonder if many you read video game reviews and understand what to look for.

Belief: Features that mainly there to keep players busy or less tolerant of their membership (F2P) is not a favorable one.
    • Like x 1
  11. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

12. Chungweishan New Player

I'm for it because of my freeloading tendencies, but I am aware of how it would affect the attitudes of players. If I had an infinite amount of soders, I know longer fear the risk of running out of them during a mission. I'm less inclined to be conservative in my soder usage, and probably less inclined to be tactical as I know I basically have an "infinite free heal/power" button.

This would affect R&D Soders because now players would decide "Is it worth the time/money to craft limited amount of soders with questionable bonuses or just buy the infinite soder?" Personally, I wouldn't waste one second collecting anything to craft a soder unless it was a 100% Health/Power with a 1 second cooldown for the whole Team. Even then, I'd probably think it's still worthless because I already believe each teammate should have Infinite Soders too, that's their problem if they don't know how to press the free heal button.

Overall, it continues to erode one of more basic actions of MMOs: Preparation. It's meant to be a time-sink, to keep you in the game as you prepare your character for the next challenging content. While you can call it a Quality of Life issue to make things simpler, it will take away customization options as players focus more on the easiest way to accomplish things.

The real reason would be it will take away future Inventory Slot sales.
    • Like x 1
  13. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Looks like someone understands
  14. Antwoman Dedicated Player

i sounds good on paper but no we cannot have everything handed to us we have to earn something. and didn't they just revamp the whole soda thing this year...so my thinks not n this next issue.
  15. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Are Extremes really something that difficult too earn? o_O
    • Like x 2
  16. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

So basically it looks like all the programming and work on this is already finished. We just need to convince them too let it go too live.

Well i guess the argument some people are saying "that there are more important things too work on for now" is now void. The work is already done on this apparently. Now we just need to convince them to let Live get it. ;)...
  17. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

I have to disagree with your argumentation almost entirely.
    - People using soders more often is actually a good thing. I've seen DPS/Heals running without colas or not using them in difficult situations way too often. With an Infinite Cola those people maybe - just maybe - would hit 7 a little bit more often. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but you also seem to think the Infinite Cola has no cooldown? Because you can't just spam it at any time given time.)

- People who care about the stats increases will still craft because they care about stat increases. Personally, this wouldn't be a "I use X or Y"-situation, I'd use both the enchancing and the normal colas (and would save the enchancing ones for a boost after I died). The problem here is... there isn't really any content that requires those stat boosts from R&D colas. But that's another topic.

- Preparation, yeah... It will take a bit of it away, just like a Quality of Life improvement is supposed to (You could say before Teleporter mods, you had the preparation to go to some place by several portals, who misses that? I know I don't) but there's still checking the gear, the mods, if the rent is still up, trinkets, crafted soders....stuff like that.

Since it's not something you need, but something convenient to have, the devs could introduce a MP item which would unlock the Infinite Cola for PVE. This game needs more QoL updates imo.
    • Like x 1
  18. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I'd be for it. I'd be willing to throw a couple bucks at the screen for this convenience...
    • Like x 1
  19. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

So i'm currently in-active. Just wondering if this was implemented?...
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

What do you think? :p

Still waiting and still waiting for the motherbox trinket that spawns a boomtube to take you anywhere your base mods allow.
    • Like x 1