Relevant instances relevant

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Red Jenni, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

It was a rhetorical question.
    • Like x 1
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Ikr. My league lost a subscription member today. A great troller who been playing 2 yrs as a sub. He said rng cr chase sucks
    • Like x 1
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

From about Day 2 or 3 after the most recent episode, when I got my last piece of vendor gear, up until my subscription ended on the 17th, 0. Nothing. Maybe the odd duo, just to say I've done something or if I was needed for help. But otherwise, nothing.

I have no reason to run anything in the relevancy window as I already have everything that marks can purchase which has a time limit on it.

I spent more time in ARK than I did playing DCUO.

The only 2 reasons I hang around is because the developers have been kind enough to allow everyone access to the test server and I like to do my bit to help. The other reason is this game is my favourite game of all time and as a long term DCUO veteran, I'll always have a passing interest. Very sad to see it suffering so much.
    • Like x 3
  4. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

It's very sad to see a great game monitized to death slowly. Players are speaking no one is listening... Best gear in vendor
    • Like x 2
  5. Katniss 13 New Player

I'm sorry, but all I'm seeing is your Pride being in the way of you being "CR eligible" for top raid.

You have almost maxed out Marks, since you're saying it's USELESS, why not "waste" it on vendor gear and get maybe 1-2 CR, you will look more appealing to other people with Higher CR and better Gear (Either raid or vendor). And if you really don't mod , which you didn't answer in my previous question, what are you really losing by buying Vendor gear? Your USELESS MARKS? :) Either way, Not running instances or Spending Marks in Vendor is Waste of Useless Marks.

Also, if you're going to look at it, if you make a new toon, you're literally (as you put it) wasting marks to get to the next CR requirement. It's all we're doing, either wasting marks to get to top level or spending it on Monthly bills (Generator, Ubelt, etc.).

Now, it's really up to you if you want to stay ineligible for UM with Full Marks on your hand.
  6. Red Jenni Loyal Player

lol I don't mod with regular type VIIs, no. Its not pride. If no one will accept you into a group below cr140 then at cr 136-137 a couple of pieces of jewelry is not going to get you there. Now my point was that if I buy, say, a face for one of my toons without one, and then a face drops in the Museum, then the face I bought was wasted marks I could have spent on a ring or vice versa. As I said, if I were that close to 140 I would do it.
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that one can salvage vendor gear. You could donate it it for prestige but I do not think you can salvage it.

With that being said...best gear, vendor gear.
    • Like x 1
  8. Katniss 13 New Player

Here's the thing, with the current episode, the 2nd best gear are Vendor Gear (new gear releases). You only get the next best in UM, which as you said you're not being accepted because of your CR. Now, your argument that you'll get a better face in Museum is impossible, it only drops blue (122 CR) gears and Vendor gives you 124 CR. This goes with the other gears as well, the only thing your argument will win is if you buy the Episode 15 Vendor gears.

Also, what you need is CR to get into UM and Vendor Gears will help you get there. Maybe, you're being lazy or stubborn or prideful, IDK, BUT If you really have full marks (and don't tell me "now it's not full" excuse) you're literally just letting those marks rot in your inventory instead of buying a gear that will get you to 140+ CR. They won't be wasted marks if they helped you get in a Raid. And since you're not using any mod, you're just getting more Stats using your "useless" Marks to buy gear.

Anyway, last thing I wanna say is, don't rely on luck and make your own luck. Anything won't be a waste if it will help you to get to where want to go. Stop whining and start moving.
  9. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I'm taking your speech as motivational and not insulting. I hope that's how you intend it. A couple of things. I never said I had 100 marks in my inventory. And I still don't think you get what I meant by wasting the marks. If I spend 60 marks buying legs that are 120 and then 122 legs drop, that's 60 marks I could have spent replacing 112 shoulders. Plus, at cr 136, that would only increase my cr to 137. That being said, I've been inching closer on all my toons, and realized you were right, and that the stupid Museum duo (I like it, I'm just mad about drop rate) is never going to drop all the pieces I need for both roles on all my toons, so I started buying stuff and got myself into my first failed UM run last night. What a blast!
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've lost track of the times I've spent my heard earned marks on 3rd/2nd best available gear for the RNG Gods to go "here's your vastly superior piece that you just bought and a giant middle finger from Random Chance :)". Really kills my motivation to try. So much for that dopamine rush the developers promised us upon finally getting something we want.
    • Like x 1