Relevant instances relevant

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Red Jenni, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Red Jenni Loyal Player

How many pieces of relevant content do we have? 12? And how many do you find yourself running regularly? 1? 2? 3? I haven't geared up enough for UM, so I'm just running 2 myself. Why don't I run these other instances? Marks are pretty useless, other than paying for the utility belt slots and generator mods. I don't want to buy a 121 chest when I might get a 123 dropped. If the best gear were in the vendor, marks would be more important and I might be running Fatal Exams, HH or NGN more. Its silly to be nearly maxed out on marks and have nothing to buy because it would pretty much be a waste anyway.
    • Like x 11
  2. BlazeChamp Committed Player

InB4 BEST GEAR IN VENDOR posts
    • Like x 4
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

What about style feats? Those are important right? I usually end up gearing my off role in vendor first to cull this problem.
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

#BestGearVendorGear

that is all.
    • Like x 9
  5. Veritasum Loyal Player

I use vendor gear to up my CR so I look more appealing to the LFG crowd. And to fill in non elite/rare spots on both roles. I do get lucky sometimes. And for the feat. I still like feats, SP use be da**ed.
    • Like x 1
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

I don't get why we don't have more relevant content since they're bound and determined to make vendor gear so terrible. It doesn't matter if we gear up on Day 1 if takes Day 90 to get all the relevant drops. And just make the vendor utility belt 4 wildcards. If the devs want people to buy the Utility Belt DLC, they need to make it worthwhile.
    • Like x 7
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

8 I can run every day.
    6 I can run every week.
    That's 14 by my count:
    1. NG Open World
    2. Battlezone Open World
    3. League Hall
    4. Resource Recovery
    5. Corrupted Zam
    6. Flash
    7. DC
    8. Fatal
      ~~~~~~~
    9. NG Bounty
    10. DC Elite
    11. HH / HH Elite
    12. BS
    13. NGN
    14. UM / UM Elite
    Then, of course, there's the events:
    • Seasonal
    • LPvE
    • SM
    And the instances that don't have any locks:
    • Arenas
    • Legends
    • Like x 1
  8. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

1 piece. The newest one for gear progression. BTW its behind a Paywall called elite lockout.
    # best gear in vendor.
    • Like x 3
  9. Katniss 13 New Player

I don't mean to be rude by asking, but do you mod your gears with Exobytes? If you don't, I don't see any reason why you should not buy the 121 gears while waiting for the 123 drop or higher.

You say Marks are useless and that you're not geared up for UM enough but then there are those gears in Vendor enough for you to be able to run UM and you don't buy them just because they're 2 CRs lower?

You can also buy Mods with Marks, they're not T7 but at least they're T6 (and Expert i think) so very close enough to T7. You have full marks, you can buy all the mods you want. XD
    • Like x 1
  10. Greenchain Well-Known Player

My main and one alt are sitting at 141 DPS and 140 Support and I'm in the same boat as the OP. I used the 124 Vendor gear to get there. Still waiting on one more 123 drop from DC for the support side but "had" to buy a waist on my main that I couldnt use and turned around and salvaged since I was about to hit the cap. That was one expensive complex!!

The issue I have with the current vendor gear is the differing IL's. I didn't mind getting the mask and neck since they were 124 and required no exobyte mods. But I will not waste a TRK or more Bytes on a piece (eg vendor hands) that will have little to no impact on my DPS CR or Support utility. Should I spend 60 marks on a Chest that only improves 2 IL or 25 on a neck that increases by 12?? Even with the % difference in contribution to CR that seems like a no brainer. IIRC the neck and face got me from 139 to 140 and the shoulders to 141 with the rest being 123 drops.

My main is HL so I feel I have to fully mod with VII's and keep that precision maxed to be remotely effective so I have to be very selective about what I mod and what I dont. I am basically running just DCR and DCE, new Flash duo and UM when I can find a group willing to take a HL DPS or a troll. I run the other raids if I am bored or looking to complete a style but only after trying for my "good" drops. Did NGN over the weekend and got 3 110 drops, none of which I needed. Where was that when I needed it??
    • Like x 1
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

My only goal is to make my toons as strong as can be while having fun. 98 gear is not fun and now moddings trivial well who needs to salvage as much? 112 gear same.
    For me I run the two newest maps and once done scroll back to dc elite an then dc reg. Then nope that is all as any other gears has less point to get then vendors gear.

Only thing left then is filer content for fun
    SM is this but unlucky me feels the discrimination against as i am not top cr and am left out. Odd when t4 and t5 oc was new I was one of the few go 2 guys now I cant find work.
    As a raid guy I look at NGN and bomb. Lol not my opinion of fun. Ok NGN 1st boss is ok but its disheartening to se how many cant figure out the 1st boss or apply whats explained. So after everything is bought out of vendor raids get skipped cause if we steam roll it an hour after it drops a month later its really steamrolled. no fun for me

Btw vendor gears bought up 1st week maybe 2nd raid reset day and after that no desire to run said steamrollable content.
    Seasonal oh its a pain now I mean easy mode got scaled down... what? Keep the base items and aura I dont want any remeberace of this seasonal despite being so excited.
    So for maybe 2 weeks I got 4 peices and some are behind pay walls. Then simply 2.
    • Like x 1
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

I don't need to read any responses here. Lol.

I'm essentially done with this game at this point. Been running the new raid only, with league, and have yet to see anything other than Green 112 gear. That's cap plain and simple.

Please put the best gear in Vendor. You guys have "screwed this game up royally" (a quote from a leaguemate last night).

I really want to play this game again, but only having one single instance worth running is, without question, ignorant.

We have been pointing this our to you long enough. Fix it!!!
    • Like x 4
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

Guess you missed the point.
    • Like x 2
  14. Van_Gho Committed Player

Does the duo drop anything other then 112 ? also why do I only get two choices when in everything else the loot box has a choice of three
  15. VariableFire Loyal Player

It will drop 122 jewelry and neckpieces, which are worse than vendor gear.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Guess you missed mine: just because you find yourself only running a couple of things for the big PvE drops doesn't negate the rest.
    The OP asked what I find myself running regularly: everything on that list except SM and Arenas. I have plenty of use for marks. If not, I have an alt that does.
  17. Red Jenni Loyal Player

If I were at 139 and buying a piece of inferior gear would get be there, I'd be all about it, but buying my way from 137 to 138 isn't going to do. Its just going to cost a bunch of marks and that piece of gear I buy may end up getting replaced my very next run through DC.

Which duo, Upper? The Museum? I get 3 choices, I think, but the third is usually a base item, bombshell poster or focusing element. It drops 122 face, neck, rings, trinket, utility belt, and shoulders but not very frequently (understatement).

Like Backseid said, bro, you missed the point. I'm not talking about what I CAN do to get marks. The vendor gear is inferior, so I want dropped gear from DC, UM and Flash Museum. That is all. I don't usually run NGN, HH, Fatal or any of the rest of that because the drops are irrelevant and vendor gear isn't worth wasting my marks on. If the best gear were in the vendor, it would make all of that stuff a lot more relevant.
    • Like x 1
  18. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Ooooh! You really run ALL that? Plus test for the bug tracker?
    • Like x 1
  19. Van_Gho Committed Player

The flash duo, I only ever get a choice between two things, there hasn't ever been a third option for me when it's time for drops, just a choice between two greens
  20. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Yup. I pick two toons to focus on. I queue up for that stuff while I watch LFG for the raids and people going for a feat I need. The league knows if they need me to catch me as soon as I get on, otherwise I'll be in an instance.
    I like this twilight before the next release when I can complete stuff easily, and work on feats. I miss the three-month cycle already that made that twilight longer.
    As far as moderating the bug tracker, there's an alert we get when a new issue is filed, similar to the forums, here. If anything, it ate into my forum time, not my game time. We try to confirm/test bugs, but really, our job is only to review them to make sure there's actually a bug with clear reproduction steps. A lot of the testing happens just by playing ... though I admit I'm levelling a toon just to check out some of the Aquaman fight bugs people have reported.