UM nerf, I think it's slightly too easy now.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FirstAid, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Veritasum Loyal Player

Meh, how will that be any different than every day in this forum? How many loot drop threads are there? how many 112 trash gear threads are there? And I mean some days, it's multiple threads abou tthe same topic that's been covered. How many times hasa it been stated that E 15-17 were messed up and E 18 is basically starting over? Yet people every day in a different thread talk about modding too much and ask what will E18 have, etc.

it's a wheel spinning around the same topics every day. Not sure how the realization you reference will be more chaotic than usual. It'll be business as usual. Multiple dead horse threads like if you read through the first page of the forums today and yesterday and the day before that.
    • Like x 1
  2. Veritasum Loyal Player

And it is dissapointing that Trigon will be nerfed into tank and spank, but it was not unexpected. Way too many people don't last more than 20 seconds in there and as is usual, it's much easier to come in here and post thread after thread about it bein unbeatable (even though many beat it) than to try and figure it out.

Oh well.
  3. Fies Committed Player

< 2k chars with CR 142+ tells a story about how many players beat and replayed said raid (and ofc droprates). I guess a majority wouldnt have beaten it reliably until its drops become irrelevant. Guess that also goes for some raids of the past. Whether some on here dislike catering to the casual/PUG crowd or not it is and will be inevitable -probably even more in the future. Im GUESSING the most successful episode of this cycle is alert/"elite"-alert and its concept as well as difficulty might become a standard for the sake of profit-maximization. Also premiums can pretty much leave out episodes they dont like- atleast atm. So my advice to everyone in favor of the former difficulty- make sure to step up your Replaying the next time around.
    Also wondering about this threads "scrub"-counter....:rolleyes:
  4. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Some of you are forgetting THEIR IS AN ELITE VERSION OF THE RAID! The normal raid has to be easy since we only get 2 pieces a month, You get a elite part for the challenge go getters while the majority gets to enjoy the normal raid.
    • Like x 4
  5. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Man this game is always dumbing it down for people who can't follow mechanics. It's just sad.....
    • Like x 1
  6. kawe Loyal Player

We shouldn't forget that with monthly episodes new content is faster, but also less per epsidoe. While we don't get less overall, it still feels like it. First monthly episode was a solo and a alert, second a duo and raid. Now if you are in the bad position of not beating the raid for whatever reason (bad player, bad luck, bad groups/pugs, no time... you name it, whatever reason) then it can actively feel like you can't play 50% of the episode you just purchased. If an episode offeres only 2 instances, chances are high ppl will be dissapointed if they can only have fun with one of it.

From a buisness stand point you can't ignore the player who don't want to be elite, who just want fun, or can't get mechanics. FUN is the most important factor in a game. And for those that have fun with hard instances, there is the elite version. I don't like dumped down content either, but sometimes a medium or easy diffuculty is simply more fun for ppl. LOA PVE is a always a good example for me, I loved the pre nerf version, I was having so much fun! I lost that with the nerf. They took the fun from one group and gave it to the other. With elite versions both groups can get their fun. What's so bad about that?
    The only thing they NEED to change with this concept is the elite lock out. The group that has fun with challenging content shouln't be penalized by it (i.e. being locked of the instance they actually want to paly)

And let's not forget, with the next DLC we might already be overpowering UM and if the raid is easy or not doesn't matter anymore.
    • Like x 3
  7. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Time will tell. I find the "I can't beat this so I won't replay" sentiment to be pretty clear.
    • Like x 1
  8. Miserable Dedicated Player

The change was that so Trigon will no longer pull if Raven is red and pentagrams are spawning. He should still do the pull while Raven's green. Another thing, you used to be able to avoid getting pulled in if you put enough distance between yourself and Trigon, but yesterday I noticed that I was getting pulled in no matter where I was in the room.
    • Like x 1
  9. akaivy Dedicated Player

Nerf or not, I don't care.

I will say this. All of the people ridiculing the rest of us because we haven't completed this yet are just plain rude.

Not all of us have 7 other people to run with constantly.
    Not all of us use replays to run stuff numerous times to get multiple 112 drops.

I tried to run this the first day it was out for legendary. I read the notes and suggestions and felt like I had a good idea of what to expect.

I got in with a group and they had been in the raid for 46 minutes and not beat the first boss.

I got in a raid with players who couldn't even get through the hallways to the first boss.

I decided not to run this until I was at least 140.

I finally tried yesterday and got with a very good, helpful group. I sent a tell to the person in LFG that I had never run it but would heal if they still wanted me. They did. We got through the first 2 bosses. We got to trigon and I asked if there was anything I should be aware of and they graciously ran through a few things to watch for. Before we got there, a dps and one of our Tanks rage quit because of 112 gear drops. We had to pull in another Tank and dps. Then our other healer dc'd and didn't come back. The new tank pulled in a healer from his league. The new tank and healer ran through it once. Someone missed a pentagram because they were pulled into Trigon and then he did that rage thing and killed everyone. After one try, the new tank and healer said "this is why we don't run outside our league" and they left Then someone else left because they had to work. We disbanded.

I know. You guys are awesome. The best players in the game. I get it. You think you are elite.

I guess a lot of us are not the awesomest players in the game. We are ordinary. You know, regular players.

That is why there is a regular version and an elite version.
    • Like x 9
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think because this one in particular directly affects and gives the middle finger to the people who buy into the replay badge lottery and blindly support it. Those who have spent a ridiculous amount of money on getting the Elite gear from the Elite raid, suddenly losing access to those Type C and D mods in favour of gear which grants a higher CR and makes the content easier.

Their only option is to grind the newest raid to replace those pieces with new Elite pieces, but then, again, in Episode 19, the exact same thing happens as players are expected to once again upgrade their Elite gear from Episode 17 to higher CR gear.

It's too much. The only way to ensure you get everything is to spam replay badges. You can't earn it naturally through regular play, before it becomes irrelevant, without spending money and it's going to overwhelm the players who will begin to see it more as a cash grab than a fair system, risking their participation in the system.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

with monthly content they should already see the futility of spending extra money chasing the best gear
    the only saving grace those players will have is the new content coming is better designed to allow the gear to stay viable for the entire 3 month cycle at least
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It's true. The reason they upped the drop rate and nerf trigon is because they know it will bring them income from those people
    • Like x 1
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Elite is easy too
  14. Veritasum Loyal Player

I understand and agree with you 100%. But your last paragraph here is business as usual for forum topics. Few realize that the new system won't play out a complete cycle until E 23. So the forums will be business as usual at least through E 23. Plus until best gear in vendor becomes a reality, a few staunch supporters of that will keep that topic alive no matter what until it is implemented or they quit.

Anyway, we shall see. I'll be due for a forum break at some poit anyway :D
  15. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Glad to hear that UM regular had been tuned to appropriate levels finally.

The comments that it's too easy or that people don't still have to do mechanics are incorrect and not legitimate. Fortunately for those making these misguided, elitist, tantrum-style posts, the posters of them still have the elite version of the raid to use in their misguided attempts to feel superior to other members of the community.
    • Like x 2
  16. Ully Committed Player

Um too easy now? :rolleyes: Well, there is an elite version.
    • Like x 2
  17. Agnetta Dedicated Player

I guess this game is just too easy for you then.
    • Like x 1
  18. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

UM reg was already easy I can't wait for the people who get into the Elite version for the first time and cry cause they can't make it past the first boss. People just want to tank and spank everything without having to follow the mechanics
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Calm your britches lol.
    Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.
  20. Klarns Active Player

I agree it should've never been nerfed but I don't think it was nerfed because of the complaints I feel like it was to boost replay sales why else would they increase rare loot drops.