Anyone else embarrassed to dps with nature when your the only dps

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by theforgottenking1789, Oct 21, 2015.

1. theforgottenking1789 New Player

Anyone else embarrassed to dps with nature.when your the only dps say in dc where sometimes your the only dps in the group. for a four person alert and your burn aint that good and everything takes forever to kill. i know i do it's to the point now i don't even que up for stuff anymore. i aint a healer im a dps but it's ridiculous that im embarrassed to dps with nature. the damage you get with it is crap compared to other powers like quantum.
    • Like x 3
  2. megamanzero Loyal Player

no need to be embarrassed man. it's just a game.
  3. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Getting embarrassed over a video game playing with people I've never met? No.
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

No. I go with a Canine Form setup and have plenty of burn to spare. The burn is not quite as fast on adds, but it is still very good if you can work well in melee range.
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I enjoy Nature without animal forms, I play for enjoyment, not burn and top dps. People can shove it if they don't like nature dps damage.
    • Like x 1
  6. theforgottenking1789 New Player

I mean i see your point but it's hard for it to not be noticeable tho when you can't burn something as quick as expected like quantum does and then if you dont you'll end up being kicked cause of bad dps they think yes this has happened to me lol
    • Like x 1
  7. theforgottenking1789 New Player

Nice setup it's just hard when the tank is trying to hold raven in dc reg or something else even and you go over to the target to do damage at melee and get clobbered lol
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Currently elec' dpsing and/or healing. Not giving a single ish about it either. If your power is broken, it's not your fault. Keep playing. You can't be expected to just stop unless you yourself want to.
  9. Crn Well-Known Player

Nature DPSing is ***. That's why I stick to healing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Katniss 13 New Player

As electric DPS, yes, I do feel that sometimes, mostly depending on the content you're playing, but you have to keep in mind that your power has strengths and weaknesses. For my power, for example, Electric is much better in end-game contents - contents that have longer boss fights because our Damage over Time gets to run longer. We have Burst damage powers too but it is best (IMO) as a DOT DPS. And in some cases, like in SM, you get to be at the top of the scoreboard because you kill them longer than usual. As long as you're doing your very best and delivering your Damage out at maximum you shouldn't be embarrassed about yourself.

If you really want to be on top of scoreboard or deliver very high damage and finish contents fast, you can always switch to Flavor of the Month (FoTM) powers, but that's totally up to you and your lifestyle.

In my opinion, FOTM players are assets to the group, they make it easier and faster for us to finish contents; however, what classifies them as really good DPS are the skills other than DPSing, like understanding the mechanics and being able to help the team whenever needed (i.e. pickups, assisting with Group Shields, etc.) - this is after all an MMORPG game, we're meant to play with others so Teamwork is necessary.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nature dps is good in dc with melee weapons. Right now i'm using staff, but if i was to get 1h i would keep up with the op powers in dc
  12. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

I actually did DC Elite [as DPS with tank, healer and troll] with league and friends using 6 dot stacking with wolf form, and did not take that horribly long, also tank became dps for adds and tank again on boss. and I did this a few times. Even did it without tank [2dps]. and yes I mean Ellite vesrion not the normal one. I did this when my cr was 129-137 [was working on geting elite gear].

In a way I think nature even tho still broken it can still gets Raven every second with dots and her puny reflect means nothing since she still get damaged and I can still do havest and swarm . plus if the fight gets confusing the dots still damages her and her adds. I don't have to always target her I can get knocked around and dots is still damaging her and her adds. other non dot dps may get interrupted and confused, thus nature may win here still.

It was not that bad but I do get annoyed since I know I could do way better if nature was properly done. I do see however nature still kinda does well in confusing fights and where there are a lot of adds.

I do heal and have fun with healing too. I like to do both, even tho dpsing most times upsets me expecially like now I am 142 cr dps and some other player with other power way lower cr then me does way more damage, I should be doing way more then damage that! lower cr player!

I feel it's really a very cool dps power and really like to see it do the proper damage it should. I would not change power but rather change games [ie. abandon this game for another]. I guess I am still here since I got a cool league, friends and a 1 year sub, tho still very annoyed and I do play other games....