What Happen here?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nocturnals, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Nocturnals New Player

Good Morning Guys,

I am typing this out because.... well i dunno why but maybe it will help me feel better and maybe because i hope the game creaters will see it and take note who knows, i want to say that the below is purley my opinion from my perception and is by no means meant in a overly negative way.

I have been playing DCUO since 2012 / early 2013 - loved the game always have always will, friends of mine though i was mad playing this as oftern as i could instead of the wealth of other games out there. Then i stopped playing :( sad i know took a two year break because... well frankly i got a new job :) With Playstation UK of all companies ps4 launch comes and goes and all i can tell people is how great DCUO will be on ps4 (Baring in mind i only play DCUO on PC as is my first love).

Anyway for various reasons i never picked up the game throughout this time, the arrival of my daughter probably had something to do with it, moving homes and general lack of PC gaming in the house. That was untill 2 weeks got when i dusted off my PC plugged it into the lounge projector and i thought.............its time to go home......time for 100inch DCUO!!!!!

So like most people i redownload the launcher - and while waiting for the download i check the forums, and see how much negative feedback there now is for the game or atleast seems to be a higher volume, and i see all this new content that i cannot wait to try!

Game downloaded i boot it up load up my main toon 88CR Earth Tank that i was very proud of prior to leaving as it was generally high good spec :) However now is severly out classed haha, so picking the game back up i decide to check out some of the new powers respec to dps and after that and resubcribing i head to HOD!!!!!!

Only downside when i got their on a saturday night at 8-9pm was that it was deserted - and the league that i have been a member of now for some 900 days showed 0 people online :( (its worth pointing out i play on EUPC Villans).

Anyway not totally detered i hunt some people down and register my interest on the forums for join a new (Active) league and que up for some pvp :) pops right away as per usual. The main issue being when coming to try and play all this new content that was come out in my absence, it look great!! however after over a week for queing 3+ hours a day ive been unable to run 90% of it and has been an absolute waste of Legendary subscription i genually feel ripped off!. i know your thinking hold on a minute? your a 88cr tank you cant play that content......well i did manage to find a new new league to run the new Duos or some of and trigons prison a few times to get my respecced toon (now dps) upto 101CR.

You will notice the change there from Tank to DPS why you might ask? well before i left people were crying out for good tanks to run the raids etc, now i find that not only cant i not run the raids because of lack of population but support roles in general dont seem to be needed anywhere.

One thing that is absolutley fantastic thats come to the game is amories!! but one thing thats destroyed the game (IMO) is League halls, now i dont know how many people used these when there were people on the servers but one of the things i loved was hanging out in HOD / Watchtower seeing all the league guys lined up or bunch up and everyone chatting etc etc and now it just seems this game has become ever more anti social which to me seem daft, that was one thing i liked was going into chat offering help to low levels or looking for raid groups but now theres no one there to respond.

Even going round in open world, i once spent 2 hours in gotham and didnt see another sole, and the groups and groups newbies that use to be all over metro and hanging outside the police station....gone.....

I know the story is better on the Playstation side or the USPC side because i see the server status icon everyday showing almost nothing for EUPC and i know the Villan side is always worse than the heroes, and with the talk of Cross faction PVE and merging PC and PS servers seem a great way to increase game pop's but sadly its only a part time fix.

Anyway as far as i can see overall this game is runined - again from the point of playing on EUPC not from the fact some game mechanic has my knickers in a bunch because i never cared about any of that but because whats the point of bringing this new content out every month is theres no one to play it.

So sadly my return has been short lived, i wont renew my sub to legenday because i dont see the point yes i can grind and replay the duos and maybe the odd alert tog et my cr up and work through the gear but the heart is missing from this game now, this isnt one of those (i dont like this i quit post) i do still love the game and will still play becuase im invested already (Money and Time) just means ill play warframe more..spend more money on their platform.

-My apologies for righting such an essay i understand most people will feel somewhat the same or wont really care ands that cool oh and any grammar or spelling mistakes i might have made but i hope people see this for what it is and not just another rant.

Thanks
    Noc
    • Like x 7
  2. Wildboy Committed Player

3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I actually find the OP's post very enlightening on the EUPC side of things. Hopefully, the cross platform PC/PS play will help that situation some.

There's nothing wrong with the post that I see. Perhaps you need an example of a real wall of text:

Good Morning Guys, I am typing this out because.... well i dunno why but maybe it will help me feel better and maybe because i hope the game creaters will see it and take note who knows, i want to say that the below is purley my opinion from my perception and is by no means meant in a overly negative way. I have been playing DCUO since 2012 / early 2013 - loved the game always have always will, friends of mine though i was mad playing this as oftern as i could instead of the wealth of other games out there. Then i stopped playing :( sad i know took a two year break because... well frankly i got a new job :) With Playstation UK of all companies ps4 launch comes and goes and all i can tell people is how great DCUO will be on ps4 (Baring in mind i only play DCUO on PC as is my first love). Anyway for various reasons i never picked up the game throughout this time, the arrival of my daughter probably had something to do with it, moving homes and general lack of PC gaming in the house. That was untill 2 weeks got when i dusted off my PC plugged it into the lounge projector and i thought.............its time to go home......time for 100inch DCUO!!!!! So like most people i redownload the launcher - and while waiting for the download i check the forums, and see how much negative feedback there now is for the game or atleast seems to be a higher volume, and i see all this new content that i cannot wait to try! Game downloaded i boot it up load up my main toon 88CR Earth Tank that i was very proud of prior to leaving as it was generally high good spec :) However now is severly out classed haha, so picking the game back up i decide to check out some of the new powers respec to dps and after that and resubcribing i head to HOD!!!!!! Only downside when i got their on a saturday night at 8-9pm was that it was deserted - and the league that i have been a member of now for some 900 days showed 0 people online :( (its worth pointing out i play on EUPC Villans). Anyway not totally detered i hunt some people down and register my interest on the forums for join a new (Active) league and que up for some pvp :) pops right away as per usual. The main issue being when coming to try and play all this new content that was come out in my absence, it look great!! however after over a week for queing 3+ hours a day ive been unable to run 90% of it and has been an absolute waste of Legendary subscription i genually feel ripped off!. i know your thinking hold on a minute? your a 88cr tank you cant play that content......well i did manage to find a new new league to run the new Duos or some of and trigons prison a few times to get my respecced toon (now dps) upto 101CR. You will notice the change there from Tank to DPS why you might ask? well before i left people were crying out for good tanks to run the raids etc, now i find that not only cant i not run the raids because of lack of population but support roles in general dont seem to be needed anywhere. One thing that is absolutley fantastic thats come to the game is amories!! but one thing thats destroyed the game (IMO) is League halls, now i dont know how many people used these when there were people on the servers but one of the things i loved was hanging out in HOD / Watchtower seeing all the league guys lined up or bunch up and everyone chatting etc etc and now it just seems this game has become ever more anti social which to me seem daft, that was one thing i liked was going into chat offering help to low levels or looking for raid groups but now theres no one there to respond. Even going round in open world, i once spent 2 hours in gotham and didnt see another sole, and the groups and groups newbies that use to be all over metro and hanging outside the police station....gone..... I know the story is better on the Playstation side or the USPC side because i see the server status icon everyday showing almost nothing for EUPC and i know the Villan side is always worse than the heroes, and with the talk of Cross faction PVE and merging PC and PS servers seem a great way to increase game pop's but sadly its only a part time fix. Anyway as far as i can see overall this game is runined - again from the point of playing on EUPC not from the fact some game mechanic has my knickers in a bunch because i never cared about any of that but because whats the point of bringing this new content out every month is theres no one to play it. So sadly my return has been short lived, i wont renew my sub to legenday because i dont see the point yes i can grind and replay the duos and maybe the odd alert tog et my cr up and work through the gear but the heart is missing from this game now, this isnt one of those (i dont like this i quit post) i do still love the game and will still play becuase im invested already (Money and Time) just means ill play warframe more..spend more money on their platform. -My apologies for righting such an essay i understand most people will feel somewhat the same or wont really care ands that cool oh and any grammar or spelling mistakes i might have made but i hope people see this for what it is and not just another rant. Thanks Noc
    • Like x 7
  4. Agnetta Dedicated Player

Walls of text don't usually include paragraphs.
    • Like x 5
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

OP you can always make a new PSN and join us on USPS villain side?
    • Like x 1
  6. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

You are such a smart a** but I love it lol. U made my day
    • Like x 2
  7. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Are you in the PvP phase? If so change to PvE, you should see more people around.
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

No, that's just how EUPC villain is: 5 players in the Hall of Doom is a crowd.
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Hey Nocturnal, I think I remember you! As far as I know the league we were both in merged with another one. Anyways, I'm in Cthulus Assassins now, but there are quite a few others.

Unfortunately, quite a few villains I knew changed to heroside. Soon we villains will play with the Ex-villains again with cross-faction!
  10. Nocturnals New Player

Hey, yeah i think you could be right or atleast i was in Devastators now in Sinister, very much looking forward to this cross faction PVE :)

Haha! Dont get me started on PVP Phase, i started my DCUO career in that mode (Back when it had aload of people playing) and it was so much fun, yes you got ganked and stuff but once i got to a respecable level id oftern stand watch over the guys leveling up :)
    • Like x 1
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I got to the party, not enough people were there so I left. I see it in real life, too. Makes no sense. How does the party ever get started?
  12. chea.robinson Well-Known Player

Good points im on a USPS and its still spotty as far as social goes. But support powers are used, someti.es and even requested through LFG. I also took a break from when the game first came out for a year or so, i believe better incentives are needed for people who pay monthly subs, like getting marks for all missions, maybe double marks for complete groups - tank,dps,troll and heal then double it again if they use mics or text during gameplay. Maybe some type of ranking system for support roles so that everyone wont be so quick to just dps everything.
  13. Veritech Loyal Player

Thanks for sharing, an honest and melancholy viewpoint of the lowest populated server/faction.
  14. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

its the same on eups villain server...
    its what i said to devs befoure two years.. its Not all about the money... But...
    • Like x 1
  15. Dibrie Committed Player

I get ya man, the thing we get not a single response in any form besides sales and stuff.
    But they stay silent about the real platform problems.

Greetz Dibrie
    • Like x 1
  16. Ruthgar Active Player

You name it. Server merge, you better come.
  17. Nocturnals New Player

100+ that!