Rage tank can't survive 35k damage

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by RLManuel, Oct 9, 2015.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

So on my rage dps/tank, I tanked Bombshell Paradox and didn't have a problem until the second boss. Why does she hit that hard? I am cr137 and have 180sp, I know how to tank and it's not that. I would be blocking and here she comes lunging at me and instead of her getting interrupted she hits me for 17k+ and 18k+ at the same time. I know some of you would blame the healer but the healer couldn't heal me for that amount so it wasn't their fault. Also I wasn't getting hot by the bombs or rage crashing when this happen.

Same thing happend in HH when I was tanking either lashina or stompa they hit me for more damage then I can self heal.

Is this intended?
  2. RLManuel Committed Player

Note: we did finish the raid after that with no problems, I'm just trying to figure out why I'm getting hit so hard....
  3. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Were you able to screen cap the combat log? it would help being able to see what happened to provide a decent answer
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

u got hit by boss + bomb on the ground at the same time unless u have a screenshot of the combat log or u did not rage cancel the dmg.
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

35k = 17.5k for an earth tank. Eat it up for breakfast and wash it down with a soder. ;)
    • Like x 6
  6. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Doesn't the bomb debuff you as well for a short period?

That could have something to do with it if you got hit by it.
    • Like x 1
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

Maybe ur health was not buffed also. No ads havent used many powers between rage crash = low buffed health. Only thing to drop me as rage was that absent minded error
  8. RLManuel Committed Player

I wasn't able to get a screen shot of it because the group keep moving so I had to keep up with them, but no bomb went off on me it was her lunge attack. The only other bosses that hit me like that are stompa and lashina every other boss is good (except for the ones in UM, I haven't tried tanking that yet.)
  9. Saybro Committed Player

Stack your health man...
  10. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Without combat logs i will say:
    [IMG]
  11. Dibrie Committed Player

So much healt to stack man , as OP say's he had only the boss, but still a pretty good solid answer
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

If you block her dual flurry attack, it should be 2 rapid hits of 7-8k. Survivable.

If you're not blocking, it becomes two 25-27k hits, most likely a 1-shot. The numbers you're providing sound like maybe you were debuffed while blocking.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Just as others said, buff your health, it's more important than just blocking. With only 4k Dom, which you should have more, and 25k health all you need is 6 powers every 12 seconds for 45k health. It takes 4 just for pull, rage mode, crash reducer, and crash canceller so just pop a couple extra pulls in here and there and you're good.
    • Like x 2
  14. Nemisor Committed Player

happened to me a couple of times. my work around is i go to the corner, hit her with rage bringer, clip it with severe then ire, then straight into block till shes done her spin.

that way your not getting tossed around by the first few bomb things she throws and you can still be in block for her whip hit.

sometimes the timings a bit tight, if so hit vindictive.
  15. Malachyte Devoted Player

I haven't had that problem, but running it today on my Rage Alt in Bombshell, Lady Al Ghul kept knocking me down through all my immunities (Breakout Trinket, Ire, Ferocity) anyone else notice this or had this happen to them ??
  16. RLManuel Committed Player

My health is 25k...defense is close to 25k
  17. RLManuel Committed Player

Thanks for your responses guys.

And I was blocking when I got hit for 17k and 18k that is why I made this thread.

What is a good rage tank loadout that you guys use? Please let me know and I will see if it's my loadout that is the problem.
  18. Miserable Dedicated Player

Your story doesn't make sense. If you were blocking and had Rage mode up there's absolutely no way her attack alone could have killed you.
  19. RLManuel Committed Player

It doesn't matter if you believe it or not because it happened. I have no reason to lie...
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

I'm not saying you're lying. You probably just missed something. I have more than enough experience Rage tanking Bombshell to know for a fact that the second boss can't kill you with one attack if you are blocking. There's absolutely no way. Maybe you thought you blocked in time but you pressed it a little too late? I don't know. But if you know what blocking does, you should know that getting hit for 17k and 18k in block doesn't make any sense.

Edit: Getting hit for 17k and 18k while blocking means you would've gotten hit for 85k and 90k not blocking and she definitely does not hit anywhere near those numbers.