Mini Powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by comrade sonya, Sep 25, 2015.

1. comrade sonya Committed Player

Instead of full scale Powersets that take a lot of time and effort to complete give us "mini powersets". Basically powersets that we want or you guys want to make that are hard to fully flesh out. I would imagine there'd be 6 powers or so just enough to cover dpsing capabilities, SC, and whichever support role they're supposed to be.

Example: For lantern fans put mini star sapphire, indigo, blue lanterns, greed.

Star Sapphire powerset, healer, 6 abilities in descending order to unlock:
    Tendrils (Like what carol does)
    Encase (put an enemy in crystal)
    Embattled Heart (create a tether with a person, teleport to them when their health reaches 35% and heal them)
    Disorient (create a crystal then detonate it to release a damaging dust field stunning enemies)
    Reflect (SC, hover in place with a sapphire shield around you reflect back 50% of the damage you receive in 5 seconds)
    Determination (a buff that reduces incoming damage by 5%)

As an example this would be placed in the marketplace as a power option (I'll leave pricing to them), all players would be able to buy these mini sets, they would would be added as an option along with your normal power trees example being: Anger, Punishment, Iconics, and Star Sapphire.

What do you guys think? I imagine this would be great for powers that aren't likely to be made, since they're smaller they could be created much faster than full-blown powersets, it allows players to customize their character, it gives the devs a money incentive to work on these.

The only issue is how DC would allow someone to use lantern powers while retaining their original powers but I think the devs could use the lore to their advantage exobytes, our characters being influenced by the mist, etc. (that's just for lantern powers, I don't think it would be a problem for lets say a mini air powerset).
    • Like x 7
  2. Pults Loyal Player

How about releasing instances or pvp arenas where you can pick any iconic characters powers and fight using them. Basically everything legends related without the legends characters. Your toon, your favorite hero/villain powerset.
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

So, kinda like a revamp of the Iconic powers?

It's actually a great idea!
  4. The Great NK Well-Known Player

These forums have so many crazy ideas, complaints, and overly repeated subjects. But your idea is so amazing I actually had to log on to give you a thumbs up.
    • Like x 1
  5. comrade sonya Committed Player

6. Chungweishan New Player

I had an idea that "mini powersets" would be in the form of trinkets (such as the "Snowman Trinket"), temporarily replacing your loadout.

It would be an effective way to change powersets/roles when you or your team really needs it.
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You deserve this.
    [IMG]

For a completely new approach to the whole Lantern powers thing. Not going to happen but still it is new and fresh and that warrants praise.
  8. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Interesting
  9. Ghostof91 New Player

Fantastic idea, anythings possible were're now getting monthly content so who knows, the only issue like you have stated would be the Lantern and Lore because as you can see Hope will only be exclusive to Heroes while Star Sapphires will be exclusive to females.
  10. comrade sonya Committed Player

Mhm