Make More Strategy-Heavy Legends Like Circe

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BigBadDogIV, Jun 4, 2015.

1. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Perhaps but this thread gives me the impression i play Circe very differently then most people.
  2. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I commend anyone who plays any character well. Fate is my go to legend, still vastly underrated, IMO.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Based on the video, no, not really. No offense but it's basically the average Circe player I run into when queuing.
    • Like x 1
  4. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Ya gotcha. Like i said, this thread was the only thing making that line of thought come to my mind. I've never thought that i might play her different before this thread. Just the responses in this thread seem... i don't know.... puzzling to me, i guess...
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, trust me, there's really noting new or unique you're doing with Circe unfortunately.
  6. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

So for future reference. If what I'm describing in this post isn't called "strategy". Then what is the proper term for it?
  7. kravonik New Player

Saint Walker requires strategy.

oh and nerf catwoman and shazam.
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I mean it could be, but saying "strategy heavy" just isn't accurate because all you're doing is using a power to move in a direction.
  9. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I agree. "strategy heavy" was the wrong wording and in all likeliness was such poor wording that it prolly turned people against this thread the moment they saw the title before they even read it. The title was poorly chosen and i would understand why people would already be extremely skeptical of it before they even saw the OP of the thread.

I'll have to remember too choose my titles more carefully from now on.
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I wouldn't even say that. I think what you're looking for is simply more unique characters, which is something pretty much everyone wants. I mean Shazam is basically just Circe meets Supergirl. We haven't gotten a truly unique legend in a while.
  11. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Ya, i think you actually just hit the nail on the head here. That really was the wording i should have used. I get that Circe wasn't really designed with strategy in mind. I just bring strategy in to my use of her. My wording should have accurately reflected that but it didn't and that's why this thread was so negatively received. I'll just have to try to be more careful with my wording in the future.
  12. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

When you flight Flash on the villain side, he teleports all the over the place. It's gotta be coming to the Legends version too.

For extra fun, maybe they'll give him a Phase Dodge or Speed Drain power you can abuse too. That's always worked out so well before in PvP.
  13. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

You would probably like Shazam too. You're using teleporting a lot to avoid counter damage, and Shazam does that trick better then Circe. Have to stick more with the close fights though, he's not going to give you strong ranged attacks.
  14. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

No i've tried shazam and his "teleport" is nothing like circe's. It's just a back step like the Bat family's backflip or Lex's tactical retreat. I got him after seeing him talked about in this thread but i was extremely disappointed with him, not because of him himself, but because of the expectation of him having a Circe-like teleport i got from this thread... I still do much better playing as Circe then Shazam :(...
  15. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

The difference is that you absorb damage for a bit afterward with Shazam's. It's way stronger than the backflips. In that way it works just like Circe's, except the cooldown is shorter so you can use it all the time. Your opponent will have immunity after you pop the power, but you can go right back to pounding them while taking minimal damage yourself.
    • Like x 1
  16. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

This isn't the part of Circe's teleport that makes it special (at least too me). Sure it's nice but if she had that exact same move shazam has in place of Mirror Image i wouldn't care about her anymore then i do any of the other legends I'm more indifferent too. The instant mobility is the real aspect of Mirror Image i mainly care about. All Shazam's "teleport" is is a Back Flip with a Immunity on it. I couldn't care less about that.
  17. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

You know while i was driving home from the soup kitchen the other day i was remembering and thinking back on this thread. I posted this but at the time i wasn't sure exactly which posts i was referring too...

But i finally remembered what was giving me that false impression. It was posts like this.

Just felt like taking a moment too clarify that...
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Necro your own post much? No matter how you defend your thread. Circe uses range and passive attacks over offensive. You hit and run. You leave the battle for your pets. Sorry, but you wouldn't change my view, just because you think you are right. Each legends character has a different method of play. Some are offensive, some are defensive or balanced.
  19. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Honestly, i have no idea why you thought my last post was defending my thread or why you thought i was ever attempting too change your mind with my last post (for that matter I'm not even sure why you would think i would care about changing your mind on it). In fact if you had cared too take the time too pay attention too my last post before replying too it you might have noticed it wasn't addressed too you at all.

If i was defending anything it was only this particular post.

I don't try too but I'm currently inactive so recently I've only been logging on too the forums when one of my previous posts come too mind.

One last thing, some Legends Characters can be played in more then one way. While it's true some play styles might not be as ideal as others, many of them nevertheless have more then one viable play style.
  20. megamanexe Committed Player

stop spelling "to" and "than" wrong.