Synergy

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AverageJoe, Sep 22, 2015.

1. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

I was thinking about powers that enhance each other. So I want to make a list of the power that should have synergy including the future ones. Something beyond those crappy power interactions I want true syngery...what is that I do not know....but here is a list I put together...

• Water/Electric
    • HL/Rage
    • Gadgets/Munitions
    • Atomic/Fire
    • Atomic/Ice
    • Mental/Quantum
    • Earth/Nature
    • Sorcery/Fire/Ice/Earth/Nature/Water/Electric
    I'll be honest with Sorcery I wasn't sure so I pretty much said to hell with it and just pretty much added all Mother Earth elements. But this would make up for all the years of neglect right?
  2. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

just cool useless effects.....? Is that wrong....? I going to say I'm wrong right...? What I'm implying may or may not be different I didn't give details but....oh look an Eagle............
    • Like x 1
  3. SSeid Committed Player

It's nice as an idea, however the way you present it is not the best.

Perhaps if you take the time to think about all the variations and all the interactions between powers and then present it.

Although to be fair, it is a rather complicated idea that extends over every power in the game. Devs made the AMs to grossly simplify the way powers work, so I very much doubt this will ever happen.
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

If we're following canon, wouldn't it be HL/HL

I'm not hinting that blue lanterns are coming....or am I? :cool:
  5. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

ooooh I see what you did there ;)
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wow you just said screw celestial didnt you. Could have paired celestial with sorcery or mental or water.

Either way this idea wont be possible until a new UI is created to where you can see party members effects/dots on a common enemy.
  7. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

yeah i agree that it could get rather complicated that is also why I was trying to limit it. Maybe have like 3 or 4 powers that could have synergy. like Water, Ice, Electric for example....but that could turn to like Ice, Water, and Atomic....and then asking what about Electric. That kinda why I did it two at a time. But left Sorcery the only one like I did.
  8. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

lol I was trying to see when some would notice that if its within 30 mins I can fit it. lol I was 5 seconds too long lol but I would do Celestial/Sorcery
  9. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

No one will never notice.......:rolleyes:
    • Water/Electric
    • HL/Rage
    • Gadgets/Munitions
    • Atomic/Fire
    • Atomic/Ice
    • Mental/Quantum
    • Earth/Nature
    • Sorcery/Fire/Ice/Earth/Nature/Water/Electric
    • Sorcery/Celestial
  10. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

yeah that's cool I'm talking about synergy....not power interactions....this guy get on subject....hehehehe.....
  11. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I saw this gif too late lol for Celestial.
    • Like x 1
  12. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

@Gin, that's because you don't point out how cross-class power interactions work exactly.

@OP, the thing is, a couple of interactions already synergize with other powersets. Controller powersets, especially Gadgets and Mental, do this already. For instance, Mental can continually inflict Daze on adds so Hard Light players can continue their combos without having to reapply Daze for themselves. Same thing goes for Earth players, and having a group where one constantly applies Daze while Earth, Mental and Hard Light DPSes just unload their biggest spells could actually lead to a more efficient run. Fire is another good example as it gets multiple synergies. Burning allows not just applying more damage, but also heals the players, and burning interactions can come from multiple sources.

The real problem isn't so much that it doesn't exist but it could have been implemented better, especially with newer powersets. For instance, Celestial has no synergy with other powersets whatsoever (apart from the usual group buffs or heals) even though the Cursed tree has potential of being able to inflict and use Bad Karma, which Sorcery already does.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dibrie Committed Player

Ih snap you beat me to it :D
  14. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  15. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

You said it even though I didn't go into detail mainly because I had to be on set...I already knew there is power interactions but they like you said aren't implemented well. And rather boring at times. If I had gone into details I would have probably added like synergy or crossover supercharges where you can enhance a supercharge effects be it damage, or length of duration, healing, shielding, or length of PoT. Things like that.