Sorcery. Might or precision?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by grendel007, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Peach4saints Committed Player

What about long boss fights where adds spawn periodically, would soul well be more beneficial than sw or vice versa or use both?
  2. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Um no, let's agree that I'm right and you're wrong. Like seriously? You're saying that just because I like a certain loadout it does the best damage. In that case, there are infinitely many best loadouts, right? Realize how stupid that sounds?
    • Like x 1
  3. grendel007 Well-Known Player

That's what I figured. That's why I like the s storm WM. If it adds bad karma to multiple targets I don't really need shard.
    I don't use grand after every WM though unless I have a controller, and I run mostly solo duo alert and we know how those go.
    Thanks for the verification.
    • Like x 1
  4. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, he's 100% correct.

No matter how you look at it, there will be an optimal loadout, weapon, and rotation with each and every power that will put out more damage than any other. You aren't required to use the powers this way, and you'll still get by for the most part playing the way you like, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there is optimal ways to play each powerset.
    You'll find out soon enough that trying to argue with this guy is pointless, I almost regret saying something myself.
    • Like x 1
  5. Venus Void Dedicated Player

6. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Maybe on sparring targets , and they dont hit back, the optimal way is the way you prefer to play withing your power sets.
    Im no dps beast, but i have a boss load out and a trashmob load out at endgame.
    With mid range coming soon, their wil be more viable loud outs, at least the dps's with battle awarnes and put some tought in to it.

So lets agree we dis agree

Greets Dibrie
  7. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Oh, I do agree that we disagree, and I agree with DarkNovaBlaze that you're wrong.
  8. Peach4saints Committed Player

Circle not sw
  9. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

We dont share the same pov, there's no good or wrong it this one.

But if you think that im wrong its fine, thats your opinion and that's fine to.

Greets Dibrie :)
  10. grendel007 Well-Known Player

This is the question I am interested in now. Lot of people say yes, lot say no
  11. grendel007 Well-Known Player

Sorry, grand supposed to be trans
  12. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

I've been sorcery for years now. I can definitively tell you it only applies to your target.

Example - 2H in to arrow storm, clip WOD. You'll get your WOD procs, but BK will only be applied to your target. Not all adds hit.
    • Like x 2
  13. grendel007 Well-Known Player

Thanks. That definitely makes shard more appealing
  14. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

You're very confused. This isn't a matter of opinion or of points of view. We're stating undisputable facts. Certain rotations do more damage than others. There are multiple viable rotations for each power and some of these rotations are better than others. Liking a particular rotation because it fits your play style does not make that rotation the best or even viable for that matter. Insisting otherwise just shows plain stupidity.

I think I'm going to regret it too lol.
  15. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

So you telling me , thats every rotation fits any circumstance.

And yes i keep insisting otherwise, because i have learned the shortest way doesnt mean the fatest way, think bout that.
    So call me stupid, if i adjust my load out, when the it the battle fits, no wonder i can keep up with my shiity dps gear and be nature.

FYI sparring targets dont hit back,

Greets Dibrie
  16. Mega Chiroptera Well-Known Player

Speaking from experience, I have yet to be outdone on the scorecard by any other Sorc DPS and I'm full prec. Synth prec mods (in applicable red slots), ZERO might from any of the weapon trees. I believe with the latest gear, your innate might is around 9.5k anyway. I get crazy numbers with my weapon attacks, PI's, and obviously Fury.

But if you're PC, hop on the test server! I'm probably going to do that for Sorc and Earth later just to re-establish my faith in full prec. My Celestial friends and leaguemates that switched to Sorc after the Sorc buff were all hitting considerably higher damage than a lot of pre-existing Sorc DPS's, seeing as Celestial is a prec-based power and their mods/SP's were full prec. So that's good enough for me!

The thing is though, just like everyone is saying... Fury and Offering are your bread and butter. A WM will increase your crits and also do some considerable damage. But might, prec, mixed... I've seen the numbers for all of them, and none of them are terrible. Go with whatever you got.
    • Like x 2
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

From testing Circle is best in boss fights but in add/mods then SW is best. So it best to have two armories one for adds and other for bosses.

Now if you're running old content then use Soul Well. For example, the bosses in Necro and Art are like adds to me. :p

Soul Well will do more overall dps if things are dying too quickly. Especially if you still didn't completely finished your weapon combo or rotation and dies just died before you did anything. Soul Well is the way to go in these cases.

But in long fights Circle. The new raid coming out next month is Circle's best friend.
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's up to you, but why would you be shy about saying what your loadout is? What's the downside, exactly?
    • Like x 2
  19. Veritech Loyal Player

Gonna have to agree with Dibrie on this.

Just because one particular loadout does the most damage to the test dummies, does not mean it will do the most damage in every real combat situation. This is why cookie cutter youtube/dcuobloguide sheep never truly excel.

Because free thinking is not socially acceptable in this community. If their loadout happened to be outside of the box they would get multiple replies and even mail about how stupid they are.
    Sad but true.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Nope, I never said that any rotation fits every circumstance. Don't know where you got that from.

No offense man, but please try to understand exactly what people are saying when replying. You tried to deny the fact that some rotations are better than others, which is so obviously true. Yeah, I agree that different rotations are better suited for different situations but the optimal rotation for a given situation has no dependence on whether the player likes that rotation or not.