Why should I lose a name to a lvl 6 freebie when I had it before?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

I just deleted my villain character in order to rename an alt into the heroic version of the same character but I just found out I cant use that name.
    Why? How come some freebie that will probably never log again will stop me from using the name I owned seconds ago.
    If there was 2 characters with the same name before, one on EU PC and one on EU PSP why on earth I cant rename and get my name back?
    That character co-existed with mine before.
    This new name policy sucks big time and we didnt even get plataform crossplay yet.
    • Like x 3
  2. Agnetta Dedicated Player

Yea, that's too bad, especially since crossplay isn't out yet. However, that's just the way it is. The only thing to do is accept it and move on.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I am sure you remember the great name reclaim earlier this year. This reclaim put a few new rules in to place, one of them being that names cannot be shared across platforms. You were living in a loophole since both of those characters must have been created before the name reclaim. Sadly since you deleted the character that name is forever lost to you unless you are able to convince the owner of the other character to delete it...I am sorry for your loss. (this is serious)
    • Like x 3
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

Thanks for the condolences hehe...
    But yes this system its plain awful. Every damn name is taken and I owned that name. I cant believe we have this system with that damn name reclaim... Who knows when they will wipe those names from the players that never passed from level 6.
  5. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I hope not...I have an alt at level 1 waiting for experimental serums...
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

Being Legendary should matter over the names. I cant believe I lost that name I kept since forever to a freebie that will never log again.
  7. majosea Dedicated Player

your not the only one , that happen to all of people, # name reclam # a bunch of iconic name in the brainica ship low lvl
    that was tryied to sell the names for cash , but backfired when that was against tos rules ,
  8. The Anxient Loyal Player

Never was against tos. Most people aren't going to pay millions for a name. That's the reason it backfired.
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I know what you mean.

I would give my kingdom for the name The Phantom.
    Sadly..... someone else has it. :(

I had a few characters that shared a name with another player...... like my Promethium Knight........ so I just went ahead and changed my character to Galaktus since the name was available thanks to the name reclaim.

The name reclaim was a mixte blessing.

Was able to get a few names like Galaktus or DarkDevil..... but still The Phantom was still not available.

The sad part is that when we could actually see when the characters last logged in.... we could see that many characters with good names had not been played/logged in in years.

Sadly the name reclaim did not really fix that since we can easily find characters with good names that are still level 1 parked in the Brainiac ship.

I have to admit I wish the Devs would do something about this... but short of another name reclaim.... not sure what they could do. And I doubt that another name reclaim would actually work since people would still just park their characters on the Brainiac ship.

Oh well..... as my friend Batroc would say..... c'est la vie. ;) ;)
  10. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

I thought the Devs were doing the Name Reclaim again after a certain period of time and will continue to do so. If I'm completely incorrect here, then disregard this post. :p
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

When the name reclaim happened I asked if this was going to be a recurring thing and Mepps said that they had no plans to do another in the future. Of course they could change their minds.
    • Like x 2
  12. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Ah, I see. Such a shame. :(
  13. zCaution Well-Known Player

They should do another 1. There is, once again, a whole bunch of user names on lvl 1 toons...those people doing that are selling the toons for real money or just straight up not using the character
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

They said they had no specific plans, but that they might. I think they might do another one right before they implement crossplay, since one of the reasons they did a name reclaim was to eliminate some duplicate names.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this is very good to know. last december i was away for a few weeks and ended up playing the game a little on the pc...remade my main toon and my main healer as free to play toons...didnt get very far into the game but i think it might be a good idea for me to go delete those characters...
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sigh. Do you ever have anything positive to post?

With the name reclaim, that so many people were whining about getting the Devs were forced to combine the name pool of both platforms to avoid naming issue when they do get Cross Play active.

No you shouldn't get any priority over names. Names are always a first come first serve basis. You made the mistake of deleting a character without checking first when you should have known better. As I know it you should have been given extra lettering if it was a duplicate name (like"_NF_1"), which makes this more on you sense you should have fixed that instantly after the reclaim.

You have no way of knowing what the status of the other persons account is, if it is active or if it is free. A name reclaim only effects inactive accounts, not characters so if the person is still playing the name will stay with them. He/she got the name fair and square, you dropped the ball. Quit using your mistake to bash on the system and free players.
    • Like x 3
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

You sure it's taken by another toon? I wonder what would happen if you did a character restore ...
    • Like x 1
  18. iSmashly New Player

I understand the frustration the toon with the name Smashly is level 25 last I checked Iv checked on it periodically over the last couple years.
  19. Sbel Devoted Player

Don't think that'll work. They said if someone made another character with the same name while yours was deleted, you'd have to rename it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

Well sadly the game isnt what I love from it anymore. Its going in a totally different direction.
    The only good thing I got lately is finally new hairstyles and still not them work with concepts. Should been accesorie free.
    But thats another topic.
    My mistake of course, I should keep playing and not give a damn about names and dont spend money in renames. My fault!
    But Im very specific with my characters looks and concepts and names.
    Mi point is that I think its wrong that previously those 2 characters co-existed and now only one can have that name because of some future plataform crossplay we may get or not.
    Not fair at all. And I bet that lvl 6 character is not very active. Nobody stays at lvl 6 for too long.
    • Like x 1