Is it worth returning to this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Quickster, Sep 6, 2015.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yes I did read what he wrote. I commented on all but one. You however mentioned only one.
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Veritasum Loyal Player

It may also be factual that there are people with different opinions of the game. That it is good and enjoyable as I see it. So basically you would be telling him to ignore that fact.

And hence the issue with forums. Log on and play for yourself and go from there.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

I only mention one because that was the one you did not comment on, therefore to persuade someone you must take all points into consideration if you want to make a valid point, im sure he has heard people like you speak negative on the behalf of complainers but that just wasn't the only thing that turned him off.
    • Like x 1
  5. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I find it hard to believe that that was the first time he had seen the games graphics. Is seemed thrown in to me, and not as important as the rest. Which is why I chose not to comment on it. The graphics in this game aren't bad at all. One game with some of the shittiest graphics I have ever seen however, Minecraft, is huge, and costs 30 dollars to even start playing.
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

Well, obviously if it wasn't as important as the rest im sure he would have not mentioned it, again you are responding to what you feel thats important, while ignoring his other reasons why he may be dissatisfied with the game, that makes a good listener just saying.
    • Like x 1
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Reason, not reasons. You are the only one focusing on only one point here. One which I have now already addressed.
  8. SimonSays New Player

Hey guys
    I logged in to check what peeps had said so just thought id chime in.

The negative threads on here are a major factor for me deciding not to return because they are all about the same things that turned me away from the game in the first place eg GU47 , not using the marketplace for new items/styles , the poor RNG , dated UI , pointless vault etc.

I was hoping to comeback and see that alot of these things had been fixed for the better but seems they are all still the way they were. Yes the RNG has been helped with giving the option of choosing loot/bad luck system but from what i can see (correct me if im wrong) this does not apply to all the games content and people are still only receiving poor loot.

As for the graphics , the game doesnt have the worst graphics no but the game should also have been upgraded at least for new gen. With the amount of incredible looking titles out now including upcoming MMOs like blade and soul looking amazing the look of DCUO doesnt appeal to me. Yes i am a graphics lover but it depends on the game. I enjoy Minecraft , the graphics suit the concept where as DCUO should look better then what it does.

DCUO is 5 years old now and the only reason its still going is because people seem to have just "settled with it" as there are no other action MMOs out and there havent been any on console. Blade & soul/The division etc will test DCUOs playerbase but it will still have the cushion of being the only superhero MMO.

Finally there are so many games coming out over the next 6 months, i cant even see where DCUO would get a look in for me. Everyone in my league has left the game (a common story at the moment) so coming back and being alone also isnt appealing when theres fresh games to play.

Ill still check back from time to time and keep my ear to the ground for a unlikely DCUO 2.0 overhaul but for now the games got nothing worth coming back to. It just seems to be the same game i left which isnt a good thing as IMO the devs arent moving with the times.

Im not surprised the census shows alot of people not even bothering with the game past Braniacs ship or level 5. DCUO no longer has a wow factor like it did when it first launched. Its now just a dated game.

When the UI gets redone , the marketplace is filled with regular content etc ill come back and give it a try.

One last thing , from what i can tell , the devs are doing nothing that makes me want to pay them a monthly fee , which i would have to as i left my toon at T6. When i can see they are doing everything they possibly can to make DCUO an incredible experience again. Then they can take my money!
    • Like x 3
  9. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

The forums outside of the Guides & League Recruit sections are full of A$$W#0L32.

An you'll notice the majority of people on here that post in Guide or League Recruit section; who are actually doing things to improve the playability in the game like making guides and building a larger league never frequently post in game-play discussion. There's a reason for this.

More people in Gameplay Discussion gossip about the bad things in the game. Check FPS shooter forums, all they do is cry about the strongest Guns & more close range maps.

While very few Conversate about ways to improve it. An what is still fun.

Its like this for 99% of every MMO, or Large playerbase game forums.
    • Like x 1
  10. Steel Glove Well-Known Player

It only (maybe) worth coming back if you're willing to pay for legendary. Absolutely a waste of DL time as a free player, especially if you're above T4, but if you're willing to hand over the bucks and pay for legendary then you still have the task of deciding for yourself if it's money well spent.
  11. Frankzilla Committed Player

Good and enjoyable lololololol. yea its not broken at all completely balanced and bug free now you might as well get a yrs membership. No need to worry about a loadout everyone use the same one with the "advanced mechanic" just plug in the moves your op as easy as 1234.
  12. Pr0tojay Committed Player

A very strong no to your question. If youre absolutely bored and cant afford a $60 game, then yea this game could probably keep you busy for a month (actually probably just a week). I wouldnt bother though if i were you.
    • Like x 1
  13. Grid Ion Committed Player

Save your time and money and don't. Game is worthless.
    • Like x 2
  14. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

[IMG]

If monthly content is just,

One 30 minute to 15 minute Alert & One solo.

Or

One 35 Minute to 25 minute Raid & One Duo.

I'll personally be taking a break too, survival mode wont keep many at bay.. Come back later though. Still a decent game.
  15. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I still enjoy the game. There is a lot of negativity on the forums, and a lot of "Hey!Hey!Listen! Give me this" I just ignore it. A lot of us are building a better tomorrow, today. Or at least trying to. I suggest you try for yourself, and if you see a negative forum post where people are getting downright nasty just......

[IMG]

If someone disagrees with you, or Insults you just....

[IMG]

It will make you much happier.