Why do you still play?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VintageWine, Sep 7, 2015.

1. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Why do you guys still play this game? :eek: no, I am not judging you if you do. I just got bored with the game. I know mainly there's two cities to explore that being Metro and Gotham. However, I wished there was just more areas to explore besides just in an instance. I know there's....I forgot the name...Gotham Wastelands, there's that. But like...I wish there was an expansion of places to explore and not just DLC based.

Am I making sense? In a way it makes me a little sad because when I first started playing this game, I fell in love with it and now I haven't logged in age . So I'm just wondering what keeps you guys in this game.
    • Like x 4
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

My league.

To my knowledge that's what drives a lot of people, the folks they play with on a regular basis. Granted you shouldn't just be playing this game if you're not willing to strike it out on your own now and than "to get stuff done".

I mean yes right now we have monthly content (which I am enjoying) and we are hypothetically getting new powers "soon" and I have always wanted water... but those aren't whats keeping me around. I enjoy playing the game but at this point with everything that's happened... well if all the people in my league just got amnesia and stopped playing (or some other silly thing) I would probably unsub and go away.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I don't play anywhere near the levels I used to. I will always have a passing interest in DCUO, though, because it was the game which helped me become a bigger DC Comics fan. It's also a game I know how to play better than most people who I know play it too. I'm also a progressive person. I love seeing things improve and get better. Patch notes and reveals are like my cocaine and I love keeping up with seeing the game get smoother and expand outwards.

Above all else, though, I'm a fan of the storylines and such. I love seeing DC characters transformed into DCUO characters and see how the game handles that version of the character as well as the stories and situations they're placed in. As content is now being released more consistently with varying themes, it's much harder to ignore than it previously was.
    • Like x 6
  4. Prosser Dedicated Player

I still have fun.

And my league, love those guys.
  5. Ghostof91 New Player

Me and my league still plays, but every now and then we have a nostalgic moment about how more fun Dcuo used to be from being able to hold your lunge like you were actually controlling your character, taking on 5 characters in open world as a tank, or stunning your enemy in control gear etc., most of us just run some pve and than call it a day.
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

It would be great and welcoming if we get a new city with new missions and Npcs for higher rewards.
    • Like x 2
  7. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Honestly... I'm just accumulating... things. Characters, styles, sp, gear.

My friends all quit already, GU47 did the damage and monthly content finished them off (3 months wait for 2 pieces of content).

It's getting harder to justify logging in and putting time into the characters I've built up.

The game is still fun, I like the (non AM) combat and movement modes make it a joy to get around and go places... yet we see more and more tiny area content that leaves us with little reason to enjoy that movement (or constantly curse about how slow in combat movement is).
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I still enjoy the game. I am very interested in the developing story and really like the new instances.
    The league I am in (just me and the husband) just got our league hall so we have been enjoying decorating that.
    I have been doing a lot of iconic solo stuff to get feats and with the new rewards for content out of your CR I feel that it is time very well spent.
    It is true that I have to pug most raids/alerts, however I enjoy the challange and the rando run ins with people I know in those groups.
    • Like x 3
  9. grendel007 Well-Known Player

Why do I [still] play this game?

1. Being a superhero. I love it. Flying around and having superpowers is amazing. This is the best game out there for that.
    2. Multiplayer or solo. The other characters being around is great but you can also just do your own thing.
    3. Environments. Sometimes I just fly around and look at stuff. Finding little gardens in rooftops and such. The maps are spectacular.
    4. Easy and hard. Sometimes content is easy and I feel very powerful, but when I want a challenge it's there.
    5. Relatively cheap for the amount of content.
    6. Variety of powers and styles.
    7. Other than some glitches gameplay is clear and responsive.
    8. Friends and acquaintances. I don't have a good solid league but I have met a few people here and there. Good times.
    9. DC brand.
    10. Progression. I can gear up as fast or slow as I want (generally speaking) and can pick and chose what I want to do based on what mood I'm in or the time I have at the moment.

Sure there are problems with the game which may or may not be resolved but I like the mechanics and the lighthearted feel of the game. As long as all these things are still in the game I will be too.
    • Like x 6
  10. Ekart Committed Player

I don't play as much as I used too. Never bothered to buy E15 & E16. Easy game mechanics and absolutely zero endcontent with Superman in it, are the main reasons that drove me away. I will probably log in for events, because I never know when I will again start playing full time.

Now I play SWTOR with 3 of my Leaguemates, and probably more will Follow.
  11. grendel007 Well-Known Player

That's funny. I have a league called Me and My Pals that's just my brother and my toons. Don't know that we'll ever have a hall but keeping fingers crossed
    • Like x 1
  12. Dr Blastwave Well-Known Player

Because DCUO is (currently) the best Superhero MMO game
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It took us a couple of months, but we did it. Bases (well decorated bases) help a lot, and running content out of your CR can net you those 100 prestige tokens.

Are you on USPC? I feel like I've seen that league.
    • Like x 1
  14. Malachyte Devoted Player

For me first and foremost I have been a DC comic geek for most of my life, so I just enjoy seeing the characters "come to life"
    but another important reason its, DCUO to me is like that comfortable old blanket/jacket/shoes you kept throughout the years that you still go back to because its just something you like.

Even though something may come along that may be newer, "better" more pizzazz you still go back to that blanket.

Also. not to sound like a sentimental mush, but the game has been a good escape for me during some real tough times (watching my Dad go through cancer, his passing, family issues..etc) just provided a good few hours of alternate reality escape for me.

I took a good 2 month break and to be honest I didn't miss it all, when yet another league I was a part of broke up over stupid childish drama. I start playing again very casually and I find myself enjoying it way more now then I did when I was "Hardcore" palying trying to keep up with everything. That in my opinion took all the fun out of the game, that and dealing with BS drama.

Snice SP has been devalued in terms of a ton's effectiveness you don't have to grind so much anymore which allowed me to have my own solo league. I just login a bit, run the duos, run the solo, myself...I just enjoying fighting and taking out Black Lanterns in Metro...I don't even finish the solo anymore....lol run some content, get prestige for myself, decorate my League Hall how I want it, run some older content just to get some base items that I like as drops...

I find the game to be much more fun now....
    • Like x 2
  15. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

I play because I still have fun.

Given up on the grind, fallen off from the leading edge and playing a lot more casually and I feel no lack because of it.

If a better super hero MMO comes along then I'll revisit whether or not I should sub, until then I'll play as, when and how I enjoy the game.

Keeping an eye out on the possible CoH restart, the City of Titans and Valiance amongst others.
    • Like x 2
  16. grendel007 Well-Known Player

USPS. But I would be surprised if there weren't other leagues with similar names. I will have to start doing more out of cr missions to get points then. But I still think it's really expensive for a hall
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I would recommend the earth duos (if you are out of the CR range) they take like 5 minutes soloing them and you can work on the 250 duo feat as well as the treasure box feat. Don't know if you already have those, but just some helpful information.
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

It was because of the league. They all stopped when ESO came out because it "felt new" to them. My sub ends on the 11th of the month and my auto-renew has been turned off for the first time since launch.

A good league can make or break your time in the game IMO.

I'm still here hoping for something to bring us back though. I logged on yesterday at noon on a weekend and we used to have people on for sure. Seeing zero people logged in made me wonder if we can be brought back... We were supposed to merge with my buddy's league on PC when cross play hit, but since that announcement both leagues have died off. I really wish Larrys April projection happened because we might still have people around.

At this point I think they need to do a full size city expansion or something, but I don't think they have the resources to do it... We shall see, hopefully my cape hasn't been hung up permanently.
    • Like x 2
  19. Yasuo Level 30

1st: Because its the mmo of DC Universe, same with the Marvel mmo they represent the biggest franchises that exist
    2nd: The game is still ongoing so whats the point of this question? the story is still progressing
    3rd: Its on Steam so all achievements/hours saved/artwork/screenshots etc are saved there
    • Like x 1
  20. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

1) Enjoy playing my characters
    2) Making music videos and movies
    3) addicted

• Like x 1