My point of view on the game and how difficult to see good happening.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theblackcat456, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

I loved dcuo so much so that it was addictive and because of constant updates keeping me on it coming back for years, but there's been too much teasers and no actions,it leads to the same effect as a person lying repeatedly,you pretty soon stop believing them. When recent base updates were announced by spytle my reaction was simply "hmm " When will it come? Will it be anything as unexciting and insignificant as the overated titles at a poor attempt to improve the game but infact terrorizing the Entire PS3 population with game issues ?

I have no idea how much work certain things in dcuo take to create but as a paying customer its simply demanded with little appreciation of time spent, we demand it ,as a paying customer should. The answer i know is " These things take time" "Thats put on hold indefinitely "Well then DONT ANNOUNCE IT

Where is crossplay?

Where is the New UI?

Where is Atomic and water? [ And serums a promised power replaced without true consideration ]

Where is Cross faction Pve?

Where is an update to PVP? No new gear, no invisible people issues fixed, no considerations of making PVP more balanced as WM and AMs can essentially 1shot. No consideration of implementing more incentive to play pvp, the population is truly too low ,i cant get certain pvp feats on villian side.

Why do i walk into content and still see powers underperforming? Earth Sorc were ironically fixed with the tap of a finger with increasing pet dmg in a hotfix but game updates like 50 and 51 failed miserably at their purpose for balance with powers. [ Nature Rage ELec HL ]

Wheres new customization ? Who in Gods name would buy those ugly styles in the marketplace ?[ The majority of them] Where are new hairstyles and why did new weapon production stop after the Shield?

Why is the crafting system so poor? Why were mods removed from CR calculation? in effect creating a epidemic of underpowered players as they dont care about crafting or even synthetics.

Why is the Elite content so blatantly pay to win? The raid sharing the loot lock with normal and the progress point resetting resulting in a need to repeat the reset after normal then entering Elite with incredibly poor drop rates and unreasonable rewards Dmg migitation for dps 8 pieces? Really? Rage dps is so bad he would never See 8 pieces for that Dmg migitation... So much potential but so much dissatisfaction, this game has gone downhill so much im not even addicted anymore...We need more action less words and fake promises, i wanted crossplay so badly aa a villian but i know that promise has failed.
    • Like x 43
  2. Solmes202 Loyal Player

After playing since launch I have discontinued my subscription and stopped playing this week for most of the reasons you mention. AND for the fact that if you RAISE those questions in an "open" forum it can get you a ban.
    • Like x 19
  3. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I see where you are coming from.

But to be honest, it's not like they've said a date and failed to keep it, to be honest, I appreciate that they keep us on the loop of their plans.
    Would you prefer to not know anything until thins are coming out? The way I see it, the say "We are working on this" and that way we can look forward to things, they keep in touch with us through forums and even reply on a constant basis, other games simply are always radio silent.
    Yes, sometimes they announce things and suddenly you dont hear any more, like they are put on hold, but that's how any bussiness with a developing area goes, budgets and plans are constantly relcocating, in DCUO this holds especially true after the company changed to DB.
    It's not like the Devs simply wake up one day and say "You know that thing we said yesterday? I no longer feel like doing it!"
    It's more of a matter of knowing what may come but not take it for granted, sometimes companies will change plans whether the development team agrees or not.
    • Like x 6
  4. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

I wish they never showed us any of the announced things, its just false excitement, at first you're excited than after a while it brings you to a lower stage than you were before whatever was announced,if something is far from ready i dont need to know " CrossPlay coming this April " New UI coming etc.. I need more promises to be fulfilled before more announcements come.
    • Like x 9
  5. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

the issue for a long time was SOE Live where they were kind of forced to share "what's coming for DCUO". now that's gone they really don't have to announce things until they're ready.
    • Like x 1
  6. OANGL Well-Known Player

I love how on forums ever one complains about the devs and the population of the game I'm guilty to a point too but the thing is we can be helping too. For example if you want to increase the population then start inviting your friends to the game or random people you met. It's not the devs job to increase the population. Also people complain about the community well then don't bother with those people most are sitting in their basements stop feeding the trolls. There should be more people helping others out. Just today I was in a group with a bunch of 127+ people helping just one guy through a&b. So instead of sitting and getting mad at people help each other like the game is meant to be plaid. We are a sorry group of heroes to not help eachother.
    Another thing is that we shouldn't get mad at the devs for making promises with no dates and expect it soon. Powers will be releasedwhen they so choose. Every thing they promise will come but if they give no date then be patient
    • Like x 3
  7. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Maybe that's part of the issue, when a business deal gets announced it's generally all said and done minus a few minor details but when something gets announced here there is a huge gap in waiting to see if it may sorta, kinda, possibly happen.

In the age of wanting more, more, more they should maybe wait a bit until closer to release to announce that their "working on something"
    • Like x 7
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

Well said OP.
    Couldnt agree more.
    Tried to ask for all that stuff you mention for a long time makin petition threads. But obviously they are not listening.
    I wonder why I still pay to play this game because the most fun I get now comes from playing older content out of relevancy that I already own the DLCs so...
    • Like x 4
  9. CdnAtheist Well-Known Player

It is entirely the responsibility of those who provide a service to attract new customers. The power imbalance is incompetence and nothing else. The introduction of elite content was a cash grab. As is the poor loot drop rate. I used to tell my friends to try out DCUO. Not anymore.
    • Like x 9
  10. MuTeDx Committed Player

Be careful OP, you hurt someone's feeling with a little truth and you'll be banned for a week. I agree though, as a former PS3 side villain now on PC hero (by force because PC villains are dead) I was ecstatic for cross play. I was hoping for full cross play so I could rejoin my old league from the PC side but that was scrapped for instance only cross okay and now who knows what the plan is. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this ship is sinking and I'm the band from titanic, this will be the 4 game I've rode to the bitter end in my life time. Started with so much potential but after years of false promises and horrid updates I'm honestly surprised that new players even show up. I don't recommend this game to anyone and I don't know anyone else that would. I still recommend FFXIV and I only played that for a few months before I came back here. The decisions to squeeze every corner the game for cash has pushed a lot of players out and the crap updates push out even more, I'm just waiting for a video of Mepps doing a fatality on the servers themselves.
    • Like x 4
  11. Biester New Player

When you have a small dev team you receive small updates and content. Besides, there is not much money to be made from the things you listed. The big money comes from rb's and.........yep, you guessed it.............respec tokens.

Everyone said, "Don't nerf quantum, just buff the other powers up to quantum's level".
    I said, "What happens when a power gets buffed up beyond quantum's damage potential? We then have to buff all powers up to the new dps king".

We are in an endless cycle of dps updates. After all of the ams have achieved "balance" the devs will more-than-likely start making wm more viable with each powerset, which means another 2-3 years of more dps updates. I'm really ready for this game's monthly format to change.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Well said OP

100% true, sad...

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  13. MuTeDx Committed Player

We've had 50gu's and no balance, what leads you to believe they ever even wanted to balance the powers? And everyone knows power respecs pay the bills, sadly dps updates will never stop and support roles will be in a very bad state before they ever look at improving them. No one respects to play support so why would they. The showing of munitions was proof enough with a small window of air time for trolling but damn near hour for the dps showcase, I just wish they would stop lying already and just admit it's a cycle for the respec money. If they wanted to balance they would have put ice right with quantum not leagues above it, they do have total control on the dmg out numbers.
    • Like x 4
  14. akaivy Dedicated Player

You read one thread that says why won't they tell us things. The next thread says they tell us to much. I have 2 things to say.

Programming is hard. It takes time to get things right. If it was easy everyone could do it. I would rather wait for content than get a buggy dlc. Home turf comes to mind. We couldn't play for about a week while they tried to fix problems with that.

It's never going to get better for ps3. Accept it and play as best you can, so playing, or get a ps4.
    • Like x 4
  15. Xanoth Dedicated Player

I do totally agree with the OP, the hype machine gets fed way too much on things the game doesn't have and won't have for a long time. We get minimal if any updates at all regarding progress on these things.

We don't expect complete transparency and many things particularly things that are frustrating to the developers (those above them dictating their time on other projects when they themselves might have a strong desire to work on some/all of the above, but aren't allowed to because they are forced to work on other projects), yet if you're going to start the hype machine, then be prepared to answer questions and give updates. As other people said, it's better to not know what is being worked on if said thing never makes it to live servers, you're just less more disappointed than if you'd never have been fed the hype in the first place (like E3 and the joke it has become in recent years, all hype, mostly cinematics, little substance as far as what gets all the headlines).

The replay badge element of (elite) content and everything to do with the design of content around replays is a cancer that's killing the game, the fact the cancer is getting bigger (giving developers more money) seems to be blinding the developers to the fact that many more are left increasingly unfulfilled or simply turned away from the game with replay badges and their effects being a primary reason.

While crossplay and a new UI isn't going to bring any money in directly the way a market place item or new episode will, it could bring old players back or ensure current players don't leave, as I'm sure I'm not alone in that I'm spending ever increasing proportions of my game time trying to get a group/waiting to group than I am actually playing the content.

All adding new content actually does is kill old content anyway, well mark relevancy did that... but with monthly content we're now playing Jenga with players, pulling them from the bottom and trying to pile them ever higher. Yes I want new content, but I want my gaming experienced enhanced 10 times more than I want to have 2 current pieces of content made useless and 2 new ones tacked on the top.

Side note: Old content rewards as currently implemented did not in any way add appropriate incentives for high cr characters to enter low level content. It's still way more of a ghost town down there than it ever was before GU47's death knell.

Last thing... I kinda agree and disagree about mods and CR. With mark relevancy killing off content before it's time, killing off content at both the top and the bottom isn't going to improve player retention. Yes, I'd like the motivation to push my main with crafted mods, where as right now I've got some, but have no desire to replace the synths because I don't need to. Crafting itself is another failed system because of the focus on selling total recovery kits, then the inflation with each tier to the point that it's just a huge barrier to entry for new players and the developers seem intent on making it worse with each new tier and in no way addressing it, because it sells total recovery kits...

I really enjoy this game.. the game part. But the systems being used, the monetisation systems... it's all killing the game, and I see that even in the short time that I've been here. I wouldn't have so many alts if I didn't enjoy the game, but it's getting harder to justify staying when the game has such a low population.
    • Like x 7
  16. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Yeah..ditto. I agree. I hate hearing about something, getting all excited then 5 months later still nothing. Like whatever happened to a fourth color being added to our menu palette?
    I would've rather had that than titles. People been asking about that for couple years now. Not sure what ya waiting for.
    The games not getting any younger.
    • Like x 7
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

You wasted your post by answering your own question which I highlighted in Red. Yes, it takes time. These things are not an overnight thing. I would take time to answer each individual question but i literally just woke up and haven't had my breakfast yet.

DCUO has always been about transparency with the Community. Some can argue it but the fact is they have with a number of features and discussions. Why would they announce it? Because THATS the transparency. If they get approval of a feature then yes, Spytle will "Leak" it out and we wait for it. If they didnt announce these things we would have nothing to look forward to in the future. Do i want Crossplay right now? Of course! But I also understand the undertaking and legal stuff associated with it that its taking time.

Its something hard for most people but i recommend patience, its the best medicine.
    • Like x 3
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

I'm still wondering what happened to the announced "Airen Grip" cone AoE pull for Earth announced for GU47:rolleyes:
    • Like x 8
  19. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

The player only has what is already in the live game without the addition of hope (i.e. promises) to hold them over. What is in the live game does not seem to be enough for the community. To me, with or without the addition of "hope" produces the same outcome within DCUO, a withering and disgruntled community.

It appears Daybreak needs to follow through with their "promises" or does well enough in the live game, from moment to moment, to where the community is satisfied. Daybreak seems to not have shown much success on either lately.

This is a "darn if you do darn if you don't" situation for Daybreak. This issue may only be alleviated by following completely through with their "promises" and the community favoring what was promised.

Side Notes:
    Promises = an official statement given with the intent on following through with it. (This is my current version of a promise for game developers).

- Following through with stated but non-promised plans can build trust and favor with the community.

- Breaking promises can lose trust with the community. (This may be a truism but overall, the many posts I have read [where relevant] seem to not have taken this into account).
    • Like x 3
  20. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

One just can not dinie, that promises were made and didnt came through.
    This not a new game on the block anymore, they just need to get things on track asap.

C.Nova cryed to many times Wolf, i just dont believe it anymore, someting awsome next GU? we'll see
    A lot of people who love this game feels this way it is what it is CEO and Dev's need to take Note's.

Of the So many im not Happy Threaths.

:)

#goaheadgrammarpolice #nothappyto
    • Like x 4