Lantern Themed Greatness

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IamZACH, May 3, 2015.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Here's some clearer reference images for Hal's recent new looks in the comics.

New look # 1 (GL Corps Uniform with Energy Battery Back Style and Energy Battery Gauntlet Hand Style):

[IMG]

New Look # 2 (Energy Battery Back & Gauntlet over his T-shirt and jeans):

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

New Look # 3 (New Costume with Hooded Trench-coat):

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The biggest issue I see is that Hal is wearing only 1 gauntlet in the comic, but in DCUO, that hand style puts the Energy Battery Gauntlet on both hands. And you can't have the gauntlet tucked inside the sleeve of the coat. But still, I figured these new looks for Hal might give some of you some fresh inspiration for your own characters. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well as for the Star Sapphire looks, I'll try getting to it. I could tell you that one member has the Superboy Prime look in his DPS stance
    [IMG]
    But when he switches to tank stance, his look is the same but pretty much with the Star Sapphire colors
    [IMG]
    Another is going for the John Stewart Star Sapphire look which is pretty easy but he can't figure out what to customize in order to get the huge Star that's supposed to be on his chest, so far he has the ninja star on his chest because it looks like the Stat Sapphire logo
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Finally got around to getting some screenshots, some league members have been uber busy with work and life but several were on today and yes were pretty bummed about the whole legendary fiasco, lol. Anyway, since we had time to kill during the glitch we gathered at my base to take some pics and later our league hall for deco, others just ended up farming or switched to their alts to lvl up while we wait :p [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

If he stood up, it would give us a much better look at the costume, and would enable us to make suggestions for improvements! ;)

As it is, I can already suggest one improvement: The Retro Tech Head Style might work a bit better for Predator.

After I research Shoulder, Hand, and Foot Styles, I might be able to suggest improvements on those, as well.
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

lol, very true, he's actually our league leader and is still fine tuning his look. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated but I actually think the Sector Incendiary Chest and shoulders would be perfect. Well, I'll leave it up to him :p
    [IMG]
  6. IamZACH Well-Known Player

Very very cool pics
    • Like x 1
  7. IamZACH Well-Known Player

So as we all know the new indigo tribe gear has been released and I have been trying to come up with some new hero/villains that I could give a cool indigo twist. Feel free to help out with any good ideas via message or pics!!!!
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I had almost forgotten about this thread. :eek:

No Indigo pieces yet (CR isn't high enough for that content yet) but I have done a slight tweak on my Star Sapphire look for a character.

[IMG]

Decided to change the color scheme for this look from yellow/pink/white to more traditional Valentine colors (red/pink/white) since she is supposed to be somewhat Cupid-themed. The Star Sapphire boots worked well with those colors, but the Archer hands didn't so I went with the Virtuous Knight hands for now. The Sapphire hands may replace those, though, I'll have to wait and see.

On the plus side, I am just about to the point of getting some of the Blue Lantern pieces, so soon I'll have something to post other than this character's evolving Star Sapphire look. LOL
  9. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Wonderful design of a Star Sapphire Male it looks absolutely awesome. Again great work I especially like the mask.
  10. IamZACH Well-Known Player

Was kinda hoping someone would have one good indigo tribe idea
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I am curious to the Indigo tribe style too, though someone posted something like this
    [IMG]

On a side note, are there going to be any base themed items as well? Because I want a black mist filled container and both the Indigo and Black Lantern symbol banners in order to complete the Spectrum colors that my league has at our league hall
  12. IamZACH Well-Known Player

I agree and hope to see these base items soon
  13. IamZACH Well-Known Player

I've got new lanterns to show.... Pic will follow soon
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Mild necro (been a month since the last post) but I've been making some progress.

[IMG]

Got the Star Sapphire hands recently (only Shoulders and Back left, yay) and tweaked the hair a bit (Bombshell Supergirl hair works well with the headpiece). I also went back to the Valentine's quiver as the glowing wings from Fate's Faith were a little busy and just seemed odd for the melee weapon this look uses (Shield). I also switched to a red aura and the Red Energy shield to match the use of red in the outfit.

Moving on, I've finally gotten started on Flynne's Blue Lantern look! Yay again! :D

[IMG]

Snagged a Blue Smoke aura from the Booster Bundles, and even if the colors don't exactly match it works well enough for a "Blue-mist infused" look. I only have the chest so far, so the hands, waist, legs and feet are acting as placeholders for now.
    • Like x 3
  15. Nuclear Ninja Well-Known Player

Oooh I forgot about this thread!
    Heck yeah it does. Looks great on her!

I posted this in the costume contest thread but I think it fits better here. Finally got the Harpy Legs I've been eyeing so I updated my Green Lantern's look. I also got the Green Nimbus aura the day after I took this so I think this style is set for a while unless someone has any ideas.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just wanted to add some more pics of our members and league hall

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A Rage version of the Hal Jordan Parallax look, I guess? LOL

[IMG]

Could have gone with the Red Plasmic aura but that may have been too busy for the look.
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Finished up a Red Lantern look for a character. She uses red/black/yellow for her color scheme, so until/unless the Sinestro Corps chest is available in Lockboxes (she is a hero character, after all LOL), it was the best choice for a Lantern look of some kind for her.

[IMG]

Haven't decided if I'm going to get her any Star Sapphire pieces to try and mix in with this look. The Star Sapphire belt may be a possibility, I'll have to check the previews on the Rare Style vendor.
  19. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

What chest style is that? Sorry I cant seem to quote with the pic. I'm talking about the chest on the green lantern at the top of this page. It looks like the kryptonian commander chest but with a different symbol?