Who has the best league?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Oriole, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Oriole New Player

after reading a post that someone claimed the best league it got me wondering how is that calculated? It can't be CR because anyone can get that gear and reach that CR even if they are carried. Can't be PvP some days you can get unlucky while others you can fight against the noobsist of noobs. And size of your league dosen't prove anything look at Black Armada on PS.

So I think to figure out the best league if people cared enough that is we should consider this. Running Duos, Alerts, and Raids, should all have each roles raids being run 2-2-2-2. so a Duo shouldn't have 2 DPS. If you want to add time the do so but also add ZERO players dying.

Also Elite content should be taking in more compared to normal content since well those aren't hard so far. in PvP 8v8 should only be ran since its the most league oriented thing we have in PvP and that should have 2-2-2-2 as well.

Any more than 2 DPS's isn't best material. If there was a video tourney like this with these rules I believe that is a way to determine best league. I would also go as far as to so you can have 2 of the same power regardless of role too. Example being you can't have a Rage Tank and a Rage DPS.

Anyway thats how I think you can find the best league. Just having a bunch of high CR's isn't everything and having the best powers its doing things fast with self restrictions making yourself look beast doing that is where you show how good you reall are as a league
    • Like x 2
  2. Malachyte Devoted Player

No such thing as "Best League" its just whatever league you find enjoyable to play with, with that said in my onion the Best League would be a nice combination of players that are Active, Mature, Skilled and doesn't bring any Drama to the table. However in my 4+ years in DCUO that last one always seems to be a stopping point, unless its a league of less then 10 players...lol
    • Like x 19
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Because people who use 2-2-2-2 videos will be too long to post, and then people will be like, " Your burn was so slow, those 2 dps were terrible".

So instead people post 5-1-1-1 videos so you dont have to watch the video that long.
  4. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I agree about the length of the video uploaded, but a raid in end game shouldn't take 10 minutes. Sad it has become ''normal'' now to do it 10 minutes.

I had more fun during AF2 then now. I didn't do BP yet, and not sure if I'm gonna have fun.
  5. Saami Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think the best leagues are the leagues that have beaten atleast 1 20 round sm. I know from videos Select Few, Creativity, and One Pieces have. That's just my opinion
    • Like x 1
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

No. This subject is just as bad as trying to put Powers into a Tiers system.

It is impossible to have a "best" League. Again, too many variables.
    • Like x 3
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

10 min is not even close to being the norm.

I will agree that the raid is far too short (if you don't get hung up on the last boss).
  9. Red Jenni Loyal Player

See? There I am agreeing with you again.
    • Like x 1
  10. Solmes202 Loyal Player

"Best League" is a complete abstraction. it isn't something that you can quantify because :

1) People look for different things in a league. (Social, gameplay, pure states, mentoring etc)
    2) league rosters are constantly in flux
    3) The game itself continually changes
    • Like x 4
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

Uploading a video doesn't mean a hill of beans when trying to determine a "Best League" anyone can go in there with all the OP DPS powers (Quant/Mental/Munit) and such.

I think if individuals want to determine the "Best League" a video clip doesn't really tell much
    • Like x 1
  12. BigDaddyDru New Player

The Best PvE Leagues ALL possess the following of ALL their members:

> Everyone is able to Competently Dual-Role
    > Everyone is able function "Solo" at anytime (that means pug or do whatever you need to do if the League is not available)
    > Everyone is efficient with their time (recognize that 1hr in Bombshells Paradox is simply unacceptable or walk into Prime and solo it instead of wasting time queing up and asking people for it)
    > Everyone is always improving and getting better, even at maximum capacity levels
    > Everyone is mature, respectful but also Assertive (Recognize Incompetence and deal with it while also applauding Competence)
    > Everyone is consistent (the same person and performance you see today is always what you will see, no exceptions)
    > Any and all End Game content (Survival Mode & Elite Content) are all overcome by these Leagues.
    > And so much more....

Ultimately, this is all what the Élite & Competent playerbase possesses. So basically, the more Élite & Competent players there are in a League, "the better" that League will be. ;)
  13. Dezaras Loyal Player

I don't care which league is best. I'm happy in the Justice Realm.

Which isn't the best by a long shot, but it's mine.
    • Like x 2
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

But numbers are skewed. People play to the specific criteria: gear, sp, number of toons.
    SP can be purchased from other toons.
    Alts can be excluded until they reach the criteria.
    Gear is more easily accessible to Legendary and those with more Replays.

Have you ever looked at the number of things you can base a league hall statue on?
    • Like x 1
  15. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

First time i don't feel a brobdingnagian distaste for your competent posts, so many people nowadays want to join leagues only to be carried and get free stuff.

Then again, leaguemates personality matters a lot, some leagues are highly capable but you can barely endure their members arrogance filled with ego with a side of selfishness (And no, surprisingly, i'm not talking about Solo Elite :D )
    • Like x 2
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I've seen players(and leagues) with over 200SP being complete incompetents, while some players with 130 will barely drop once, They may have numbers, but numbers can only do so much. (Think of the best shoes on the worst runner vs the best runner in average shoes)
    • Like x 3
  17. Oriole New Player

then you sir have found your best league.
    • Like x 2
  18. Oriole New Player

I agree it takes more than numbers and CR to be consider a great league. I've seen leagues members in raids totally suck or didn't know anything about the mechanics and had to be told what to do by someone of lower CR just right before they try voting to kick someone to bring in a league mate that is lol.
    • Like x 1
  19. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

A gentleman named King Stylonius has "the best league," literally, as the name of his league is "TheBestLeague"
    • Like x 2
  20. Oriole New Player

that's why I said limits like no repeating of powers regardless of roles, but for those who could pull off speed and efficiently with lesser tier powers then that should gain more praise than a league with all the OP roles. And you're right if you upload a video well you're kinda right on that I mean you can upload a video and of every member and edit it to show how everyone is doing and then compare it to any other league too not just using numbers because numbers don't tell enough.