Who is taking rookies into Bombshell?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EP Ice, Aug 16, 2015.

1. EP Ice Loyal Player

The title pretty much says it all. I want to pug it (130cr/161sp elec healer) but at this point people are so adamant about completing it as fast as possible I don't think pugging it your first time is a good idea.

Would you take a rookie in your group?
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

I pugged it at 124CR celestial healer( my sp doesnt matter, you can just wavedox if your that hungry) and did perfectly fine, got through it no problem.

I think it only matters if you are a tank or dps as far as CR and first time is concerned simply because all the mechanics revolve around those 2 roles.
    • Like x 3
  3. EP Ice Loyal Player

Thanks. I have been looking at videos to see how the mechanics work so I have a better understanding before going in.
    • Like x 2
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

Anymore u can beat end game whole being undergeared. The days of killer bard raids are gone so its all dumbed down. Made so anyone can pass it so yea any 4 or 5 decent players should be able to put the other 3 on their backs and stroll through. Only hold up I see in bombshells is da last boss and the aura. Once people are use to that its going to be a breeze
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Validated won't help you ?
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

We took an inexperienced 127 tank last night. Had some mishaps but got it done. I would recommend you build your group 2222. You can ruin 5111 but it's nice to be able to have the group adapt as needed. I personally have no use for only dps players. I may take 2 into my group but the rest will be able to play support when needed
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

They are on an extended break.
  8. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Bummer. The raid is very easy, I'd be happy to help. I'll message you next time I run it.
    • Like x 2
  9. KidMidnight Loyal Player

last night on my "primary alt" i realized the groups i got into the past week were so rushed that i never bothered to complete the briefings and investigations which is kind of funny considering the amount of time you waste waiting for the group to get it together at the last boss.

you have to keep in mind not everyone is an experienced vet day one/beta player who knows what theyre doing. ive come across a lot of players who have yet to finish the last boss after numerous attempts, players who are high cr/low sp deadweight and too many players who think they are always right all of the time infallibly despite evidence to the contrary.

i love helping other people out but sometimes people just make it too difficult.

is it really so hard to run the duo a few times over a few days to score some gear, synth mod it and go run a few other instances th get a few sps? even with 50 skill points if you got carried to end game and have a few pieces of 100+IL gear your can pretty much do it all with little effort.
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I like to run the new raids as a healer day 1 because groups are willing to do that. After that it is solo heals only. I ran it Wednesday and Thursday and both times we used 2 healers on the last boss, otherwise 5 dps the rest of the time. I was in one lfg group that couldn't get past the first boss even with 2 healers. People kept standing in those smoke circle.

@derio I thought it was funny that spytle called you out in the live stream about 5 dps groups. It's not like you champion the setup, it is the community expectation.
  11. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I like to run the new raids as a healer day 1 because groups are willing to do that. After that it is solo heals only. I ran it Wednesday and Thursday and both times we used 2 healers on the last boss, otherwise 5 dps the rest of the time. I was in one lfg group that couldn't get past the first boss even with 2 healers. People kept standing in those smoke circle.

@derio I thought it was funny that spytle called you out in the live stream about 5 dps groups. It's not like you champion the setup, it is the community expectation.
    • Like x 1
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Did someone call my name ;)

I actually did this with some first timers and some who were lower than the Norm of the LFG Chat. If you have a few hours to give then I have a few hours to give. Gladly take folks in there and walk them through Strats and all :) Might do it today if I can get my edits out of the way.
    • Like x 2
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Standing in the smoke is the best way to avoid death, massive dmg happens when trying to move
  14. EP Ice Loyal Player

Ahh, if you were only on USPS. :(
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

Cross play needs to effing hurry!!!!!
    • Like x 3
  16. EP Ice Loyal Player

Amen to that!!!
    • Like x 1
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I would as long as they know how to listen, I don't see an issue there. So far I was able to complete BP o my healer and dps/troller. But not on my tank since its villain side,always the 5-1-1-1 situation, but not always the best.
  18. Saami Loyal Player

Someone should make a song about this thread. Song could be based on this.
  19. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Yes. that's how people learn. It's called....what was that term??? OH YES....TEAM WORK.
  20. BigAl Devoted Player

I would, but you are only okay and coherent. ;)
    • Like x 1