POSSIBLE, TEMPORARY SOLUTION, TO UPDATE 51 BUG ( PS3 USER)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by smoove76, Aug 14, 2015.

1. smoove76 Committed Player

I Found POSSIBLE Temporary Solution to the Update 51 bug. FOR PS3 USERS. (1st) on your Ps3 XMB Scroll over to Game. (2nd) Scroll down to, & OPEN ( Game Data Utility ).Find your DCUO saves , VERY IMPORTANT. Delete ONLY the files that say Profile Settings: Audio, Video, & Game Settings. There should be 2 of them in the file, Now you DON'T repeat DON'T have to delete chat settings save in the file OR even the game itself. Once you complete the steps Then proceed to enter the game FINALLY ONCE YOU'RE IN ((( DO NOT ))) TURN ON TITLES FOR ANY REASON ((( For I believe this is where the problem/ Bug/ Glitch occurs))) THIS WILL START THE PROBLEM ALL OVER AGAIN! What I told your should be more than enough to temporarily fix the problem till a official hotfix drops . This Method worked for me And I HOPE it works for you...... BTW don't worry about the saves I told you to delete they will come back once you've enter the game. Just go into your game setting and put all setting back to your particular preference. PASS THIS ON TO LEAGUE MATES / FRIENDS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. Again I HOPE THIS HELPS:D
    • Like x 12
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Glad a player took the time to do something a GM would have done in other games. My thanks to you, sir. :-}
    • Like x 7
  3. smoove76 Committed Player

Hope it work out for you, Like it did me:D
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

At least someone is trying to help ps3 players. But then again I suppose not many people still play on their PS3. But thanks to you PS3 players have a temporary solution.
    • Like x 4
  5. smoove76 Committed Player

I'm can't say for certain If anyone can modify these steps for PS4 User,That's IF they are having the same problem Like ps3 ,But I don't see why they couldn't do the method as well. Worth a shot right? Please give thumbs up If these steps helped you as to show others this does work.
  6. Savage99 New Player

I tried that already and nothing really happened but at least it is helping others or possibly helping others
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can others confirm if this works/does not work for you?
    • Like x 2
  8. The Valor Well-Known Player

I haven't noticed much of any change
    • Like x 1
  9. smoove76 Committed Player

That's what I'm hoping people will do as well ( share results ) I at the very least think results may vary, from console to console. With maybe having to even possibly delete,& re-download the game as you know can take hours. It's my hope some gamers won't have to go that far, BUT if push comes to shove....... Even then I think re-establishing PRE- update 51 game play could still be Iffy.
  10. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Well it worked for me Mepps. I deleted the profile saves in the ps3 XMB and did not activated the titles and I can see the npcs in Aegis Of Truth. I don,t know if it is maybe because showing the overhead text or just activate the titles. I will see.
    Do you know when it will be fix? Next week? I like seeing my overhead text and title.
  11. smoove76 Committed Player

I'm glad it worked for you as well. SOME still might not be so lucky even after doing the steps. I want to help as many as I can.:)
    • Like x 1
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Yes, thank you for the help. :) Appreciated. I hope it will work for others too and that it can be fix very soon. I really like seeing my overhead text.
    • Like x 1
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Im at work atm, but im glad you have found a possible solution. I will for sure try this when I get home. Thank for helping PS3 users
  14. smoove76 Committed Player

Good luck
    • Like x 1
  15. CaptainBombus Level 30

Yes this worked for me! I've tested in a duo (Shady Nightclub) and a raid (Khandaq) and I was able to see player characters again in both. I deleted 2 "Game Settings" entries from the "Saved Data Utility (PS3)" folder. They were both about 540K in size. Then restarted the game. Thanks Smoove76 for this solution! You've saved alot of people from major frustration with this. Hey Daybreak, give this guy some freebies!
    • Like x 2
  16. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Good find...wasn't affected, but, +1 too you sir.

You may have made some folks weekend!

I'll tell the PS3 users in my League...many thanks!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 1
  17. smoove76 Committed Player

Don't let this thread slide off of page 1. People may need to see this still. Keep it going.
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

Spreading the fix to people through trade chat on EUPS. Well done for finding it ^_^
    • Like x 2
  19. MissQuantina New Player

Very good H2H:D your the best;):p
    • Like x 2
  20. Zpred Dedicated Player

Good job :D
    • Like x 2