Why can't the powers just equal out?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OANGL, Aug 13, 2015.

1. OANGL Well-Known Player

It seems to be the irritation to many people that powers cant be equal. Always on the chat you can see everyone saying to buff their power or nerf another one. What's even more annoying is everyone hopping on the bandwagon for the new dominant power. What I want to know is why does their have to be a dominant power? I remember when I first started playing that everyone was picking powers they wanted not what put them on top.

Plz no one say to get over it or any rude comments.
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I don't understand why they don't make all powers overpowered, but then put a cap on actual DPS. So that way there, if everyone is using their powerset to the fullest potential, the DPS would be exactly the same .
  3. OANGL Well-Known Player

Its supposed to be how you use your power not what power you use.
    • Like x 1
  4. LanternLove Well-Known Player

Where's the $$$ in that!
  5. OANGL Well-Known Player

why not add new moves to the powers.
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

its called scheming ;)

they make 1-2 OP to milk ppl for $10 for 3-4 months or longer then nerf that power then rinse repeat. Its been that way for as long as I can remember.
    • Like x 1
  7. OANGL Well-Known Player

there are other ways to make money in it. Give some variety to existing powers and don't take as long to bring out the new ones. Right now everyone is nuts for atomic.
  8. OANGL Well-Known Player

Hell I'd even take a few more power points.
  9. Plasma Man Level 30

I look at it like this, I'm going to use the power thats fun to me regardless if its overpowered or underpowered. In the comics each characters powers vary in strength, some stronger or weaker than others. It doesn't matter as long as the power gets the job done IMO.
    • Like x 2
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't recall there ever being a time "that everyone was picking powers they wanted not what put them on top" I started when it went free to play, and almost instantly everyone wanted to be fire because of the double-damage from fireburst, or hardlight for the clipping.
    • Like x 2
  11. game007dad Well-Known Player

Speaking as a day 1 player the powers have never been truly equal. As Undrline said people wanted to be Fire for the DPS while Ice has always been the dominant Tank power. Hard Light was made to use clipping which for a long time made it hands down the best DPS power but until they made changes the Troller side was lets say problematic. But when someone asks me which is the best power to pick my answer has & will always be the one your most comfortable with. Honestly the game is about having fun & I found that viewing it otherwise only leads to arguments & severe burnout.
    • Like x 3
  12. Stark23 Committed Player

Too far down the rabbit hole now. It's only going to get worse before it gets any better, if it gets better.
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

Working on it?
  14. Solmes202 Loyal Player

True but sadly with AM that is no longer the case. Any creativity in DPS went right out the window with AM.
  15. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

You can be creative still, sure. It just won't get you anywhere except kicked.
    • Like x 1
  16. Solmes202 Loyal Player

yup
  17. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

First, let me state, I'm ok w/ FOTM....it'd be nice w/ a little more balance though....

And then, lets just say for instance, we have 10,000 players sooooo obsessed w/ their name on a damage board that the player would be willing to spend $10 bucks on a power respec....

then lets take the OP power from rage to sorcery to electric to ice to quantum back to sorcery to ice to gadgets....
    sounds like a pretty penny....an $800,000 pretty penny

if you can notice...quantum's on top.....let's nerf quantum soooo every FOTMers that's obsessed w/ their name on the damage board is all but forced to switch...to the now op gadgets....which will be the next to be nerfed...thus continuing the cycle of making money off of FOTMers

my main's been nature since day 1....
    my 2nd main has been ice since day 2.....

i've seen huge discrepancies in the powers burn, AM power regenrations, the attention the powers actually get from the devs, THE LOOTS you actually get from being a certain power, especially from the vault....(believe me)....

play support roles, they are more fun anyhow.....
  18. ChillCat Loyal Player

You of all people should be emphatic about this subject...

Say it with pride, Sore: "YES, WE"RE WORKING ON IT!!!!"

:D
    • Like x 1
  19. UltraVillain Committed Player

Our stats are blowing imbalance out of all proportion (a mechanical imbalance of 1% on low stats can be negligible, but when stats are 100x that figure it becomes more than apparent). We need a radical and concerted crushing of stats to reign in inherent imbalance and enable the game engine to challenge us with more than just hop sink, cheap one shot bosses.

Reset t7 to t4 level, or thereabouts, and scale the tiers below accordingly, adjusting content adds and bosses in proportion, relatively we would feel little difference in regard to environment except that older content would remain challenging for longer, open world would still offer some bite and systematic power imbalances would be less noticeable.
  20. Glacier Extreme Well-Known Player

How about...... because every power isn't the same! Pretty hard to be equal when they aren't all created equal. Some us WM, some use AM. Some stack dot's, some use burst.

Just with the 4 examples I've given...you may get similar equality within its "damage class" but it will never be across the WHOLE DPS class. Not sure why this concept is so hard for people to grasp....

Different class dps will always have an advantage in a certain instance while another at disadvantage.

Wanna see equal dps's. ..take the scoreboard down for a week, or let it simply show YOUR stats...there's that magically elusive equality.