I could use some wise tips right now.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Grumpy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Grumpy Dedicated Player

I've decided to focus on my gathering feats since those are some of the last feats I need, excluding missed LPvE maps which I will finish soon thanks to LPvE weekends.

How do you fight the urge to punch a hole through your PC/PS while farming bits around Gotham? Seriously, I was running around for like 10 minutes and logged off after getting a few random bits because it was SO boring.

What were you doing when you were getting that feat? This probably seems like a weird question but I can't imagine anyone would just farm bits for hours without losing a fraction of their sanity. Is it a patience issue?
    • Like x 1
  2. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

Honestly i pop on a movie on netflix, or watch tv, or just talk to people. Honestly that feat is just tedious and ill do it for like 1 hr then i have to take a break.
    • Like x 2
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Little by little. Run a route while waiting for groups or ques. While chasing with friends.
    • Like x 2
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Run a route while waiting for que or a group to finish forming.

Sometimes I will just play music in the background and use a scanner when the booster bundles were out.

That feat is something you get overtime. I kind of wish the new packs of exobits from running old content counted towards the feat.
    • Like x 2
  5. Controller Devoted Player

:D I'd rather wallow in mud than grind for that feat.

I'm at 13700-ish (out of 15k) right now - for a 2 Star feat. I'd have a bit more enthusiasm if it were 3 stars.

If I were you, I'd pop a Radar searcher at the same time you are farming exos, so that way you could at least gather some rare collections at the same time you're collecting exos?

Pop a Radar Searcher AND an RD one in East Metro, in the vicinity of the Green Kryptonite. If you find it you could sell it on the broker for a large sum.

The collections also count toward the feat.

Also - change your scenery. No wonder how Batman is so cuckoo. Farming bits in Gotham for an extended amount of time is asking for crazy.

Wish you well on it, though. I've resigned myself to the fact that when I get it will probably be by accident.
    • Like x 1
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

Your problem is that you are trying to get that feat. That's just flat out stupid. There are sooo many other feats to get.

This feat is not meant to be ground out in any sort of timely manner. I have been playing over 4 years, daily, and am probably not close to this feat. It's not even worth thinking about.

Go do something else.
  7. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't mind farming bits , maybe it's because I played wow and had to do the same for my side jobs but I just put on some music and go while I wait for pvp matches
    • Like x 1
  8. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Netflix and farming china town instead of Gotham. I end up with at least one stack of each per scanner.
    • Like x 1
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

think its more of habit, alot of ppl nowadays rather buy their bytes and usually do. So farming is boring to those ppl.

me I can and rather farm all day, I atm need less then 4k more to finish off my gathering feat. I sell everything after making red bytes. Doing this I can make any wheres from 8mil to 11mil a day :p
    • Like x 2
  10. blklightning New Player

You need to learn a route. Exos always spawn in the same locations, every several minutes. So... get a radar, then work on memorizing an area. Back when I used to play, I'd run a simple loop around North Gotham. It gave really good returns and got me very close to the 25k feat... until I stopped playing overall.
    • Like x 2
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

The way I handle the gathering is that I find myself in a chill enough mood, get some snacks and/or a beverage, pop a nice playlist to fit the mood and then I just go batsh*t crazy on dem bits :p Take 1 hour each day where you can find time for it, check up on a good route to use and then just slide into it. It will come to you.

When you develop patience and mood for that 1 hour per day, you will see all the bits you collect and that kind of adds to the feeling of it. It makes it easier to farm for longer periods over time. Happy gathering!
    • Like x 1
  12. WildcatHunter Committed Player

if u play on uspc you just look for bits while waiting to find a tank ;)
    but like a lot of other people have suggested if you can stand hunting for bits for 10 mins que up for some pvp look for bits while waiting on a que to pop play some pvp then rinse and repeat
    • Like x 1
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

My characters are rarely ever just standing around unless I'm away (which does happen often)...

Waiting for the raidgroup to complete? Farm Exobits.
    Waiting for the Alert or Duo queue? Farm Exobits.
    Waiting for the PvP queue? Farm Exobits
    Waiting for the event queue? Farm Exobits and do open world event :D.

And there I was wondering why I still have 7 of my 10 R&D scanners I bought...
    • Like x 2