What are the legendary benefits now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Asentmah, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Asentmah Well-Known Player

Even though I might not buy it I still would like to know what they are if I do. Even though I will be able to only buy 1 month
  2. Fools Fire Loyal Player

*crickets chirping* j/k

The only real benefits
    • Access to all Episodes, Gear, and Powers related to them.
    • All money in Escrow is now available.
    • Lockboxes can be opened without paying for a key. You do know you have 30 days to open the boxes. It shows you how much time is left. So you could stockpile them, pay for 30 days, and then open them all at once.

That's really about it. Well, a few days early access to new Episodes as well. But that's not really a big deal.
    • Like x 3
  3. Asentmah Well-Known Player

What about the loyalty points is it every week or every month?
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Rather than try and list them here....... Legendary benefits

As you can see Fools Fire missed a couple points like 150 replays FREE per month.... Free daily access to the vault ... The vault rewards a minimum of 1 free mark per day and takes about 1 minute to complete so ... 365 FREE Marks a year? Let's not forget that since they set up All Access membership also entitles you to free access to Everquest 1 and 2 and Planet side 2. Play on your PC? As a legendary that means you have access to the test server and can help test the game while getting advanced previews of everything coming to the game.

To me its the convenience .. I pay my monthly subscriber fee and I don't need to worry about just about anything else. New DLC arrives.... I don't have to grab my Credit card and head to the web site... I have probably had access for about a week before it was even available in the store. Same thing with new powers or anything else they add to the game. In game cash? Premiums frequently need to BUY access to their Escrow cash to buy new armor etc because the MOST they can carry around is 2000 cash. I have 13 alt and all of them have between 4 and 2 million in cash. I never need to , again, grab my credit card and head to the store just to buy a piece of armor.

Oh and with the new system in place since GU 47... I haven't shelled out cash to BUY episodes that I have now out leveled and while they are still available for me to PLAY offer up no reward (MARKS) at all because I pay to sub NOT for each individual episode in game and each new power that comes out.
    • Like x 2
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

You forgot the free Legends characters for Marks of Legend, the free item undelete per month, the replay badges, the Marketplace discount, being able to create a league...
    • Like x 3
  6. Kreachure Committed Player

Monthly
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Pc legendary has more value than PS
    • Like x 2
  8. Battle Man Committed Player

You get to actually play the full game and not a free trial.

If you have to ask, just play something else.
    DCUO is not worth anyone's time as free or premium.

Don't waste your time.
    • Like x 2
  9. megamanexe Committed Player

you get to rent/access all the dlc(including powers, weapons,content)for as long as you pay for legendary status
    you get to purchase all the legends with the marks of legend
    you get 500 loyalty points every month, which you can spend on almost anything in the loyalty vendor and 150 replay badges which allow you to purchase feats
    you get to open promethium lock boxes without the promethium key
    you get more bank and more inventory space
    you get to spend and store as much money as the game will allow instead of only $1500 or $2000
    you get to make up to 21 characters
    you get to create a league
    you get a 10% discount in the market place
    • Like x 2
  10. PlasticManWithAplan New Player

well unless u buy ALL the DLCS.. which now there coming out faster then ever.... F2p/premium is an illusion. and u have to buy extra inv slots... lockbox tokens... bank slots... u can only hold 2k... and goto pay RL cash for alot of stuff..

f2p is a waste of money if u play an MMO and are really committed to it.. we cant buy the stuff listen above with in game currency like in SWTOR.. so Subbing is the only way to go if u want the full experience... i mean why not.. u get so much more if ur gonna play the game regularly then sub. if u play maybe 4 times a month.. yea w/e premium but if u play daily SUBSCRIBE... you get unlimited money.. FREE DLC aka Episodes. Max inventory. 16 character slots... lockboxes opened for free.. free power loadout respec, 500 SC/MC for free every month and 150 replay badges free... daily vault opens... its 3 days for premium and much more
    • Like x 2
  11. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I strongly suggest you use YouTube and search around to answer this question.
    • Like x 1
  12. MetalMario Loyal Player

It's right on the main website. Go to www.dcuniverseonline.com. Click on the link that has the word "membership" on it (hint: control+f will take you to it) and read them.
    • Like x 1
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

If you only have the money to sub for 1 month, just don't bother. Because once you have tasted Legendary, you might not want to turn back. Then you would have to force yourself to find a way to sub.

It really comes down to playing time and convenience. If you are not playing that much every month, then its better to go premium first. By that, I mean you get the Ultimate bundle now plus all the other episodes. That big initial outlay is still less than what you would pay if you sub for lets say 1 whole year. But then, you are not forced to keep playing. You can play on your own time.

The loyalty points and replay badges aren't free. You are paying for them. The rest of the monthly payments is basically for releasing you from the cash cap. All that extra inventory and bank space is nice. But there is never enough space in the inventory for stuff. Never. Prom boxes are nice, an cherry on top kind of thing. But not truly necessary. Test server access is nice, but again, not truly necessary.

But if you want to save time and avoid hassle (as premium, you can still get everything you need but you just have to trade versus buying it straight off the broker), then subbing is definitely the way to go.
    • Like x 1
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I created a guide specifically for these types of questions, geared specifically towards someone who's thinking of just subbing for a short period of time.

When you drop Legendary or When you become Legendary

If you're just looking for a side-by-side list comparison, look at the second post of the guide for a link to a Google spreadsheet.
    • Like x 3
  15. Asentmah Well-Known Player

Thank you to each and everyone who replied. I've decided what I'm going to do which is which is switching ffxiv. Thanks again
    • Like x 1
  16. Sore Steadfast Player

Let's ask Mr Owl...
    • Like x 2
  17. Spidey Well-Known Player

As stated above, don't bother. Unless you plan on subscribing long term this game isn't really worth playing. Some would say not at all.
    • Like x 1
  18. MuTeDx Committed Player

Just the cash cap, everything else can be bought for cheaper. I play premium no problem and no one woild ever know if I didnt tell them. I have the same inventory and bank space, same dlc's same powers. But when the month rolls around I dont have to pay again. Legendary is JUST for convenience and it has been that way for a long time.

Also legendary gets test access making you a paying employee of Daybreak games, enjoy that.